#11 WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck541
Four Star Recruit

Re: WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Post by duck541 »

I'm gonna call the upset right now.

Ducks won't roll over, and the D is playing really well. Top 15 in years per play now.

Their D is good, and great against the pass, but we can't throw the ball now anyways. Their D line is small and quick, but we'll run the ball pretty successfully all game.

27-24 Ducks
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I bet Wazzu opens -11 favorite.

Alie and Burmeister benefitted of a 2-3 score cushion when they came in. If we could get a kickoff return to start the game from Brooks-James again and get an early lead I think that would help our team out a lot if they want to stay in it.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

I wasn't super impressed with wazzu watching them play USC. Their crowd definitely helped as USC's o-line was down to third stringers in a lot of cases and their communication was a mess. I think they'll have a tougher outing for their first road game.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I posted this in another thread, but I feel it's relevant here. USC could have honestly ran all day on WSU, but they outsmarted themselves and tried to make Darnold the hero. We won't have a choice but to line up and try and punch them right in the mouth and say stop us if you can Hercules.

Forever and forever, the way you negate a small but fast front 7, is to run right at them with a big physical OL. Don't let them get you in 3 and long. If we can run for 4-6 yds on 1st down, WSU won't be able to pin their ears back and rush our true Fr QB at will. Call me crazy, and I might agree with you to an extent, but Benoit is a better fit for our O than Royce is. I know, I know Royce is fantastic. BUT, he's a step slower than Benoit, and I feel like Benoit just hits the hole that much faster, and has the HR ability that Royce doesn't have. We saw it yesterday, against a Cal D that was honestly much better than the ASU d coming in. Without Royce Willie had no choice but to use Benoit and James, and both played fantastic. It was the style we should have used last week, but didn't. And Felix, that dude runs with patience, and set his blockers up really well, really reminded me of LMJ out there but a bit bigger.

I'm not saying we will win, WSU in my mind is a top 5 team and better than UW, but if we continue to run the ball, and Braxton is what I think he is (a taller version of Masoli) we can be in this game with 5 min left.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

If the same defense that played last night shows up for wazzu, duck's win this game.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Key to this game is getting to Like Faulk if we do that we have a chance. And we can't let Hercules Mata'afa (sp?) disrupt our entire offense and I think we will be fine.
Return Of the Quack!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

UofDuck wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:With all the injuries that just hit Oregon this one will not even be close. I thought with it being at Autzen that Oregon would at least be competitive and might have a chance. Without our two top offensive players and maybe a 3rd if Nelson doesn't play this will be a cake walk for Wazzu.
Ease up negaduck. A solid running game and defense can keep a team in any game. We will have to become Alabama and grind and pressure. Our D gives us a punchers chance. WAZZU is not unbeatable.
Please don't start the whole eDuck negaduck crap on this board. Everyone is entitled to their opinion without being labeled for it.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by lawduck »

UofDuck wrote:It took a miracle for WAZZU to beat a crappy BSU team too.
This.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

And SC hasn't exactly looked like world beaters this year.
bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigbenp »

I bring my daughter out every October for a game. We were in the soggy stands in 2015 against Wazzu and she experienced the uncertainty of Duck Football just like I had in my youth. I think that if the kids put up a good fight and the D holds strong, we might just surprise some people who are predicting a loss. Although she was with me at our other double-overtime loss that year...If we lose, don't blame me - it's her....

TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

I may have to find tickets to this game. Duck's have never lost a game I've attended.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Wow! Vegas has the spread at 0! It's a pick em.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

TualatinDuck wrote:I may have to find tickets to this game. Duck's have never lost a game I've attended.
Then I'm blaming every loss on you. How dare you not bring your magic to every game.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:I may have to find tickets to this game. Duck's have never lost a game I've attended.
Then I'm blaming every loss on you. How dare you not bring your magic to every game.
LMAO!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

buckmarkduck wrote:I posted this in another thread, but I feel it's relevant here. USC could have honestly ran all day on WSU, but they outsmarted themselves and tried to make Darnold the hero. We won't have a choice but to line up and try and punch them right in the mouth and say stop us if you can Hercules.

Forever and forever, the way you negate a small but fast front 7, is to run right at them with a big physical OL. Don't let them get you in 3 and long. If we can run for 4-6 yds on 1st down, WSU won't be able to pin their ears back and rush our true Fr QB at will. Call me crazy, and I might agree with you to an extent, but Benoit is a better fit for our O than Royce is. I know, I know Royce is fantastic. BUT, he's a step slower than Benoit, and I feel like Benoit just hits the hole that much faster, and has the HR ability that Royce doesn't have. We saw it yesterday, against a Cal D that was honestly much better than the ASU d coming in. Without Royce Willie had no choice but to use Benoit and James, and both played fantastic. It was the style we should have used last week, but didn't. And Felix, that dude runs with patience, and set his blockers up really well, really reminded me of LMJ out there but a bit bigger.

I'm not saying we will win, WSU in my mind is a top 5 team and better than UW, but if we continue to run the ball, and Braxton is what I think he is (a taller version of Masoli) we can be in this game with 5 min left.
Yes, I really like the Masoli comparison.