#11 WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Post by greenyellow »

Greenblood wrote:Moseley's tweet responses this afternoon regarding who ought to be the starting QB strongly assert that Alie is the better choice over BB at this stage. I'd like to believe that might mean Moseley thinks Alie might well be ready to go on Saturday (without actually saying it), but maybe that's reading too much into it.
But he did say they wouldn't know until they practiced on Tuesday and Wednesday. He was mainly basing his stance off what he's seen in practice, not with the current injury situation.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Greenblood wrote:Moseley's tweet responses this afternoon regarding who ought to be the starting QB strongly assert that Alie is the better choice over BB at this stage. I'd like to believe that might mean Moseley thinks Alie might well be ready to go on Saturday (without actually saying it), but maybe that's reading too much into it.
He also looked great in the mop-up duty he got first game of the season too but did not seem to relish the opportunity when he came into the game. If his injury was his tooth and not a concussion then I hope he plays with more confidence than he started with. If BB goes, I hope he can turn into one of those "gamers" who shows up when it matters and grows into the role.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I don't know why the Ducks can't be one of those teams that we've all seen and even played against, where a true freshman comes in and tears it up for the rest of his career. Fingers crossed.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Like Montez last year against Oregon...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:I don't know why the Ducks can't be one of those teams that we've all seen and even played against, where a true freshman comes in and tears it up for the rest of his career. Fingers crossed.
You mean getting that two years in a row?
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Moseley just tweeted: "Taylor Alie completes a pass to Jake Breeland in pat-and-go during warmups, and isn't that a welcome development on both fronts." He then also reported that Burch was a QB in pat-and-go.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Greenblood wrote:Moseley just tweeted: "Taylor Alie completes a pass to Jake Breeland in pat-and-go during warmups, and isn't that a welcome development on both fronts." He then also reported that Burch was a QB in pat-and-go.
That is good news, now if we can't get Nelson back
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If he's practicing 3 days after the game he obviously didn't have a concussion.
Greenblood
Senior

Re: #11 WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Post by Greenblood »

Another, encouraging, tweet from Moseley a few minutes ago: "Braxton Burmeister has come of age today. Got a ton of reps, obviously, and has really taken advantage. Encouraging."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

I really hope they give Braxton the start unless they think Taylor can win us some games. If we really feel like we will be losing either way why not get the freshman some reps and game expirence? I think we will compete these next few weeks but I also wouldn't be surprised if we got blown out a few games. I'm excited though regardless of the outcomes.
Return Of the Quack!
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Freakin' Wazzu, they always somehow miss playing us healthy.

Darron Thomas missed a game against them, this is the 2nd time they get Taylor Allie...lucky fvks...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck wrote:Freakin' Wazzu, they always somehow miss playing us healthy.

Darron Thomas missed a game against them, this is the 2nd time they get Taylor Allie...lucky fvks...
You sure about Darron Thomas missing a game against them? I just went over the box scores and recaps for the 2010 and 2011 WSU games and DT only missed 2 quarters in 2010.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Freakin' Wazzu, they always somehow miss playing us healthy.

You sure about Darron Thomas missing a game against them? I just went over the box scores and recaps for the 2010 and 2011 WSU games and DT only missed 2 quarters in 2010.
The play I remember was Barner on the kickoff return. :(