12%
No
88%

Total votes: 60
brich75
Senior

Re: Fire Taggart

Post by brich75 »

Man I expected to see some emotional melt downs when I decided to check the board. I never thought I would see a "fire" the coach who is bringing in a too 5 recruiting class his first year here thread! He literally is playing with his freshman and a bunch of under devoloped Helfrich guys. Then sprinkle in a third string QB that isn't ready for this level.

In 5 years when Willie T has had a chance to devolope a couple of his classes then judge his play calling, until then shut it down this is rediculous.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

LEvel of talent and experience is not here this year. Some folks refuse to get this. It's apparent.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

ducks5ever wrote:Even Saban or Swinney wouldn't take us to a conference championship game or NC this year.... Not sure what the fire Taggart people are after. It's completely normal for good teams to see their seasons fall apart after the starting QB goings down.
It's called spoiled fan syndrome.
Return Of the Quack!
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

It wouldnt matter if you have Vince Lombardi or Don Shula calling the plays if you don’t have a QB capable of implementing the scheme. This is what happens when a young team that isn’t very deep, going through a transition year, loses one of their best players. I hardly think it’s time to fire a guy whose had half a season to change things.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I voted no. Though I was underwhelmed by the hire, they did it, and I think you have to give him at least 3 years (unless a skeleton falls out of the closet or we go all OSU next year.)

Now for tea reading:

I would be pleasantly surprised if we ever win the North again with him as coach unless he hires a really good OC and gives him control of run blocking schemes and play calling. Heck, Arroya might be "that guy", though he doesn't have a "that guy" resume, he doesn't have a record that says it couldn't be him either.

I think CWT could be a really good HC taking on a Bellotti role of leading, motivating, hiring assistants and recruiting. In fact, motivationally and recruiting wise I'd be surprised if he didn't do better than Bellotti which is not meant to be a knock on Bellotti at all.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Honestly a poll about throwing shaving cream in the face of Jonsen and Wilson, would make sense. But this poll is crazy.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Honestly a poll about throwing shaving cream in the face of Jonsen and Wilson, would make sense. But this poll is crazy.
I'd vote yes in that poll.
BlackbirdDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by BlackbirdDuck »

I was one that voted to fire, at this point I agree I am overreacting but I have concerns

Play calling, WT speaks of enthusiasm, juice, etc., offensively is hardly any of this, even before Herbert’s injury.
Half Time adjustments - I think most games at Oregon he has not shown he has made the correct or any offensive adjustments.

Putting Offensive Player in position to succeed - I do not see on offense the team progressing (freshman qb) yeah I hear the excuses already, even Helf coached up a freshman qb thrown into the fire. If I remember correctly Helf freshman qb was not an early enrollee. NEXT MAN UP. And now the next excuse, WT had 2 qb transfer - and you can say the same about Helf but everyone just says Helf can’t develop a qb other than MM. Look at the defense and how a good coach can change the attitude of a team. Coming into the season the biggest concern was defense not offense. Yeah offense put up great numbers before Herbert went down, but it was also against poor competition.

WT actions at Sheldon HS football practices how he has been arrogant better then...... Challenging the Sheldon HC in front of the Sheldon players, the other Sheldon coaches regarding his kids playing time / Playing JV vs Varsity “I did not move my family all the way from Florida for this”

Yes it appears he is a great recruiter, he is starting to remind me of EK.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

No wonder we're one of the most hated fanbases in the conferences....
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

The Seminoles began the season ranked No. 3.
They are now 2-4.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:The Seminoles began the season ranked No. 3.
They are now 2-4.
At least Taggart isn't challenging fans to a fight while walking out of the game.
cmmadness
Three Star Recruit

Post by cmmadness »

I'd love to revisit this thread after the 2019 Civil War. :roll: five people gonna look pretty stupid.
BlackbirdDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by BlackbirdDuck »

cmmadness wrote:I'd love to revisit this thread after the 2019 Civil War. :roll: five people gonna look pretty stupid.
That has more to do with the Bears than the Ducks.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

BlackbirdDuck wrote:
cmmadness wrote:I'd love to revisit this thread after the 2019 Civil War. :roll: five people gonna look pretty stupid.
Oh, will we be playing the bears in the 2019 Civil War?
BlackbirdDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by BlackbirdDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
BlackbirdDuck wrote:
Oh, will we be playing the bears in the 2019 Civil War?
Darn spell check. Beavs