12%
No
88%

Total votes: 60
BlackbirdDuck
One Star Recruit

Re: Fire Taggart

Post by BlackbirdDuck »

Speaking of the Bears, who’s having a better season to date Oregon or Cal?
I assume Cal will loose tonight but same records to date.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

BlackbirdDuck wrote:I was one that voted to fire, at this point I agree I am overreacting but I have concerns

Play calling, WT speaks of enthusiasm, juice, etc., offensively is hardly any of this, even before Herbert’s injury.
Half Time adjustments - I think most games at Oregon he has not shown he has made the correct or any offensive adjustments.

Putting Offensive Player in position to succeed - I do not see on offense the team progressing (freshman qb) yeah I hear the excuses already, even Helf coached up a freshman qb thrown into the fire. If I remember correctly Helf freshman qb was not an early enrollee. NEXT MAN UP. And now the next excuse, WT had 2 qb transfer - and you can say the same about Helf but everyone just says Helf can’t develop a qb other than MM. Look at the defense and how a good coach can change the attitude of a team. Coming into the season the biggest concern was defense not offense. Yeah offense put up great numbers before Herbert went down, but it was also against poor competition.

WT actions at Sheldon HS football practices how he has been arrogant better then...... Challenging the Sheldon HC in front of the Sheldon players, the other Sheldon coaches regarding his kids playing time / Playing JV vs Varsity “I did not move my family all the way from Florida for this”

Yes it appears he is a great recruiter, he is starting to remind me of EK.
Oregon was top 5 in the nation offensively at the time of Herbert's injury. How much more juice do you expect? I don't care if they put up all 40 points in the first half or spread it out throughout the game. That should be plenty to win a game. The expectations are ridiculous. Amazing how many budding offensive coordinators we have on this board. Everyone expects the perfect offensive play call on every play. You know the other teams game plan to stop these plays, right? Also, are these Taggart high school stories reported anywhere or just secondhand rumors? I've never heard this anywhere, but from you.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

brich75 wrote:Man I expected to see some emotional melt downs when I decided to check the board. I never thought I would see a "fire" the coach who is bringing in a too 5 recruiting class his first year here thread! He literally is playing with his freshman and a bunch of under devoloped Helfrich guys. Then sprinkle in a third string QB that isn't ready for this level.

In 5 years when Willie T has had a chance to devolope a couple of his classes then judge his play calling, until then shut it down this is rediculous.
+1 to all of this
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

BlackbirdDuck wrote:I was one that voted to fire, at this point I agree I am overreacting but I have concerns

Play calling, WT speaks of enthusiasm, juice, etc., offensively is hardly any of this, even before Herbert’s injury.
Half Time adjustments - I think most games at Oregon he has not shown he has made the correct or any offensive adjustments.

Putting Offensive Player in position to succeed - I do not see on offense the team progressing (freshman qb) yeah I hear the excuses already, even Helf coached up a freshman qb thrown into the fire. If I remember correctly Helf freshman qb was not an early enrollee. NEXT MAN UP. And now the next excuse, WT had 2 qb transfer - and you can say the same about Helf but everyone just says Helf can’t develop a qb other than MM. Look at the defense and how a good coach can change the attitude of a team. Coming into the season the biggest concern was defense not offense. Yeah offense put up great numbers before Herbert went down, but it was also against poor competition.

WT actions at Sheldon HS football practices how he has been arrogant better then...... Challenging the Sheldon HC in front of the Sheldon players, the other Sheldon coaches regarding his kids playing time / Playing JV vs Varsity “I did not move my family all the way from Florida for this”

what are you talking about with regard tothe Sheldon High School stuff. Can you enlighten us?

I can also tell you for fact that WT did everything he could to keep Jonsen and Wilson both felt they were starters. Both are are at JCs and having pedestrian seasons at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

droop10 wrote:

Oregon was top 5 in the nation offensively at the time of Herbert's injury. How much more juice do you expect? I don't care if they put up all 40 points in the first half or spread it out throughout the game. That should be plenty to win a game. The expectations are ridiculous. Amazing how many budding offensive coordinators we have on this board. Everyone expects the perfect offensive play call on every play. You know the other teams game plan to stop these plays, right? Also, are these Taggart high school stories reported anywhere or just secondhand rumors? I've never heard this anywhere, but from you.
amen and yes the Sheldon story seems a little spurious at best. Waiting for confirmation on that one.

srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
brich75 wrote:Man I expected to see some emotional melt downs when I decided to check the board. I never thought I would see a "fire" the coach who is bringing in a too 5 recruiting class his first year here thread! He literally is playing with his freshman and a bunch of under devoloped Helfrich guys. Then sprinkle in a third string QB that isn't ready for this level.

In 5 years when Willie T has had a chance to devolope a couple of his classes then judge his play calling, until then shut it down this is rediculous.
+1 to all of this[/quote

Thanks for being rational. Seems to
Be lacking at the moment.

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

srduck wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:

+1 to all of this[/quote

I'm not alone thank god :lol:
Return Of the Quack!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

BlackbirdDuck wrote:Speaking of the Bears, who’s having a better season to date Oregon or Cal?
I assume Cal will loose tonight but same records to date.
Didn't we already find out who the best team was on the field? Our coaches owned theirs.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duckattack7 wrote:
srduck wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:

+1 to all of this[/quote

I'm not alone thank god :lol:
X2 with all the whining and bitching I don't even look at this board on game day! Sad, as stated look at all the freshman playing, look at Willie's first class and a class he and his all star coaching staff put together on short notice! I get tired of the "live for the moment" duck fans. The Ducks are a work in progress and the season is not over!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

srduck wrote:
droop10 wrote:

amen and yes the Sheldon story seems a little spurious at best. Waiting for confirmation on that one.

If the Sheldon story was even close to true, you'd have to believe WT would have just had his kid transfer to another school. He could start at any other school that didn't have Johnson at it. It would also drive a wedge between WT and coach Johnson. Sounds like a BS story
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
srduck wrote:
droop10 wrote:

If the Sheldon story was even close to true, you'd have to believe WT would have just had his kid transfer to another school. He could start at any other school that didn't have Johnson at it. It would also drive a wedge between WT and coach Johnson. Sounds like a BS story
agree buckmark. Just doesn’t sound plausible.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I read a poster over on DT a few weeks back saying Taggart had a run-in with the Sheldon staff about Willie Jr's PT but no one else ever really confirmed it.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I don't know a thing about the facts of the Sheldon HS thing. But I know from decades of painful experience, that it's best not to try to use logic to determine the plausibility of what a parent might do or say regarding their child's playing time. And some coaches who you would think through their own experience with other parents would know better are still batshit crazy in evaluating their own.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:I read a poster over on DT a few weeks back saying Taggart had a run-in with the Sheldon staff about Willie Jr's PT but no one else ever really confirmed it.
Was it the same poster who said he had seen Chip’s signed contract?
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

BlackbirdDuck wrote:WT actions at Sheldon HS football practices how he has been arrogant better then...... Challenging the Sheldon HC in front of the Sheldon players, the other Sheldon coaches regarding his kids playing time / Playing JV vs Varsity “I did not move my family all the way from Florida for this”
Wait. You're saying Willie was telling off the Sheldon coaches because his son wasn't starting over one of Willie's coaches son's, M. Johnson. Jr? Johnson is a year older than Willie's kid and one of the highest rated dual threat quarterbacks in the country. I find it highly strange to think Willie would be dissing his WR coach like that. It's too weird to believe.

Edit: Sorry folks. I was so shocked by this story I immediately responded only to find any number of other posters had already called bs. Just add me to the list.