Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Ex-Ducks NBA Status

Post by OregonFan4Life »

droop10 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:We still claim Dillon Brooks as a duck right? During a tv timeout at the USC game they showed highlights of pro ducks, both football and basketball, and the crowd boo’d when Dillon Brooks came on the screen.
Is this a serious question? Dillon Brooks is one of the most important duck basketball player of all time. IMO you could easily make the argument that he is the greatest duck basketball player of all time.

How in the world are people booing him? Are you sure that happened?

If it's in reference to his play in the NBA, then I think people aren't properly educated. As far as I know, he is a solid NBA player that plays hard and annoying defense that sometimes crosses over the line of dirty....Ya, I've seen some of those plays, but how are a few dirty plays enough to disqualify this guy as a being a duck ..... IMO part of his reason for success in the NBA is because of that borderline scrappy/dirty play.

Great player.... plays hard. Not a bad guy as far as I can tell. Never punched anyone...no drugs/assaults/domestic issues? He is a little wild but if that's it. Shame on fans.
Yeah, I was there and did not hear any boos around Brooks. Would definitely be embarrassing for fans. I can absolutely see why NBA fans would hate him as a player, but he did great things at Oregon, always played hard, and I've never heard of any off the court issues. Yes, he definitely straddles the line on dirty plays, but people calling him a thug, fans booing him, is a huge overreach, and the guy absolutely does not deserve that.
There was absolutely 100% some booing when Brooks came on, it wasn’t loud but it was louder than the cheering. Sounded like it mainly came from the student section but I am 100% certain there a was booing when Brooks came on the screen.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
droop10 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:We still claim Dillon Brooks as a duck right? During a tv timeout at the USC game they showed highlights of pro ducks, both football and basketball, and the crowd boo’d when Dillon Brooks came on the screen.
Is this a serious question? Dillon Brooks is one of the most important duck basketball player of all time. IMO you could easily make the argument that he is the greatest duck basketball player of all time.

If it's in reference to his play in the NBA, then I think people aren't properly educated. As far as I know, he is a solid NBA player that plays hard and annoying defense that sometimes crosses over the line of dirty....Ya, I've seen some of those plays, but how are a few dirty plays enough to disqualify this guy as a being a duck ..... IMO part of his reason for success in the NBA is because of that borderline scrappy/dirty play.

Great player.... plays hard. Not a bad guy as far as I can tell. Never punched anyone...no drugs/assaults/domestic issues? He is a little wild but if that's it. Shame on fans.
Yeah, I was there and did not hear any boos around Brooks. Would definitely be embarrassing for fans. I can absolutely see why NBA fans would hate him as a player, but he did great things at Oregon, always played hard, and I've never heard of any off the court issues. Yes, he definitely straddles the line on dirty plays, but people calling him a thug, fans booing him, is a huge overreach, and the guy absolutely does not deserve that.
There was absolutely 100% some booing when Brooks came on, it wasn’t loud but it was louder than the cheering. Sounded like it mainly came from the student section but I am 100% certain there a was booing when Brooks came on the screen.
I can definitely believe he gets booed by some Oregon fans, the guy is a thug and plays way outside of the rules. Slapping multiple players in the nuts is not playing hard it is being a thug, he may end up with a broken nose or jaw out of it.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Thug is more in the vein of drug dealer/gang members/murderers. Jerk and thug are entirely different descriptions. Giving him the description of thug without attributing it to any criminal actions is ridiculous.

Draymond Green is a thug. Brooks is not.

The fans are uneducated if they really boo'ed.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Thug is more in the vein of drug dealer/gang members/murderers. Jerk and thug are entirely different descriptions. Giving him the description of thug without attributing it to any criminal actions is ridiculous.

Draymond Green is a thug. Brooks is not.

The fans are uneducated if they really boo'ed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for your opinion, imo, he is a thug!
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Anyways, ignoring the thug comments, he is having a great season thus far.

14ppg, high shooting percentages, great defense and the Rockets are 6-3? Good stuff.

Hope he continues having success.
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

I believe it was the student section. Probably all the kids from California who are warriors fans booing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

ElPatoLoco wrote:I believe it was the student section. Probably all the kids from California who are warriors fans booing
Yep. People need to keep in mind that two of the fan bases that hate Brooks the most (Warriors and Lakers) were well represented at this game. Not only do you have the USC fans in attendance, but like mentioned above, a lot of students are from California.

Anyway, I think most Oregon fans want Brooks to do well.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Pritchard with nearly two buzzer beaters tonight.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

dd10snoop28 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:12 am

That's really lame if people booed Brooks, lol. Extremely hard worker, great duck, and by all accounts was a really nice guy around campus. In the NBA he's got a bit of a WWE persona, but guess what he just got paid by Houston?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Payton Pritchard had a great game vs. the Bucks yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFWHPBWg05o

Looks like the PP from college.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:01 pm
OregonFan4Life wrote:
droop10 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:

I can definitely believe he gets booed by some Oregon fans, the guy is a thug and plays way outside of the rules. Slapping multiple players in the nuts is not playing hard it is being a thug, he may end up with a broken nose or jaw out of it.
Never heard that hitting someone in the nuts is “thug” before.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Pritchard has set career highs in scoring the last two games, and was one rebound shy of a triple-double yesterday. In the same game, Eugene Omoruyi had 26 pts and 5 assists for the Wizards. It was a garbage game, but nice to see these guys getting traction with their teams. Really hoping Pritchard gets to do something significant in the playoffs.