Arizona @ Oregon (Nov. 18, Sat 4 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

Re: Arizona @ Oregon (Nov. 18, Sat 4 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Greenblood »

And again, Ducks are their only opponent with two weeks to prepare for Tate.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

This game will depend on Willie being able to make an adjustment on offense after halftime. He hasn't done it all year but you never know when it'll start.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Greenblood wrote:And again, Ducks are their only opponent with two weeks to prepare for Tate.
Do you feel that the teams that played him were not prepared schematically for him?

Seems like he torched them on really basic spread scheme plays that every defense has seen a thousand times. He's just hard to get a hand on and harder to get down. I'm not sure how an extra week prepares you against being physically out matched. USC did the best but they also had physically superior athletes trying to take him down.

I hope you're right, but I am putting my hopes on outscoring them, maybe by winning the turnover battle.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Greenblood wrote:And again, Ducks are their only opponent with two weeks to prepare for Tate.
Do you feel that the teams that played him were not prepared schematically for him?
Good Q. I don't consider myself that knowledgeable on specifics, but I just think in general that having an extra week to prepare -- whether schematically, being able to focus on tendencies of your opponent all across the board, etc. -- can only help. I would also say that a portion of my optimism for a good defensive performance is based on a Herbert-led Oregon offense scoring often enough to put enough pressure on the Arizona offense to potentially force them out of its game-plan somewhat.

Four quarters of shootout football wouldn't surprise me, but right now I'm believing Leavitt will have a good plan for keeping Arizona/Tate from going crazy on us.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

FlDuckFan wrote:This game will depend on Willie being able to make an adjustment on offense after halftime. He hasn't done it all year but you never know when it'll start.
Cal? utah?
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Per Greif/Brett McMurphy (http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index), Herbert to start Saturday vs. Arizona.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Greenblood wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Do you feel that the teams that played him were not prepared schematically for him?
Good Q. I don't consider myself that knowledgeable on specifics, but I just think in general that having an extra week to prepare -- whether schematically, being able to focus on tendencies of your opponent all across the board, etc. -- can only help. I would also say that a portion of my optimism for a good defensive performance is based on a Herbert-led Oregon offense scoring often enough to put enough pressure on the Arizona offense to potentially force them out of its game-plan somewhat.

Four quarters of shootout football wouldn't surprise me, but right now I'm believing Leavitt will have a good plan for keeping Arizona/Tate from going crazy on us.
For a defense that's played a lot of underclassmen, it has to be a big help being able to see more film, a little more scout team practice and feel more familiar with what your eyes see on the field and what you were taught leading up to the game. The coaches were extremely lucky that during our Bye, our final opponents were playing each other so I'm hoping that the players watched that game with what they had learned and it helps them react just a little quicker in their assignments. If they can be a step faster on plays it will reduce the number of broken/missed tackles. I don't think we're going to shut them down, but I do think we're going to win our fair share of plays on that side of the ball that end up being the deciding factor.

Herbert starting will give the whole team an extra gallon of Juice and not just from putting points up on the board (though I hear that improves our chances of winning greatly!)
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

Phenom wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:This game will depend on Willie being able to make an adjustment on offense after halftime. He hasn't done it all year but you never know when it'll start.
Cal? utah?
Rewatch those games.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Phenom wrote:
Cal? utah?
Rewatch those games.
No.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sounding like Herbert will indeed start.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

Phenom wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
Phenom wrote:
Cal? utah?
Rewatch those games.
No.
You don't have to take my word for it. Not like we're rooting against each other anyway we both want the Ducks to win.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Phenom wrote:
Cal? utah?
Rewatch those games.
And ASU. But people want to believe otherwise.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

Traditional home combo tomorrow:
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Love the green "O"