"There's been talk of Willie Taggart Wanting out of Oregon"

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: "There's been talk of Willie Taggart Wanting out of Oreg

Post by GoDucksTroll »

What a stressful coaching carousel. I am of the opinion that Willie stays at Oregon. But if Jimbo does take a downward move to Aggieland I have to think FSU goes for Willie. That's definitely one of the top-5ish jobs in the country and probably the perfect one for Taggart.

If that is the case, we are so screwed. Who do we even go for? Apologies for the Chicken Little post, I'm concerned that this dark timeline is a possibility.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

GoDucksTroll wrote:What a stressful coaching carousel. I am of the opinion that Willie stays at Oregon. But if Jimbo does take a downward move to Aggieland I have to think FSU goes for Willie. That's definitely one of the top-5ish jobs in the country and probably the perfect one for Taggart.

If that is the case, we are so screwed. Who do we even go for? Apologies for the Chicken Little post, I'm concerned that this dark timeline is a possibility.
I'm with you. I'm just going to put my head in the sand and hope that sanity prevails at FSU.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I have no idea why Jimbo would leave FSU. For so many reasons. If Willie we're to get offered that job at any point he will leave and I wouldn't blame him one bit. Everyone deserves a chance at their dream job.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:What a stressful coaching carousel. I am of the opinion that Willie stays at Oregon. But if Jimbo does take a downward move to Aggieland I have to think FSU goes for Willie. That's definitely one of the top-5ish jobs in the country and probably the perfect one for Taggart.

You know, I don't know if there are any "top" jobs anymore. Alabama sure wasn't a top job when Saban took it. Texas isn't a top job so I'm starting to re-think this whole notion of "top" jobs.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:

You know, I don't know if there are any "top" jobs anymore. Alabama sure wasn't a top job when Saban took it. Texas isn't a top job so I'm starting to re-think this whole notion of "top" jobs.
I hope Taggart feels the same way. I doubt it, but I still hope.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Duck07 wrote:

I can see that. Weird things happen in college coaching. Someone (supposedly) can turn down Oregon for Baylor. Florida for UCLA. Big time programs like LSU and USC promote interim coaches from the former staff.

This one is different. If a school like Ohio State or Notre Dame was going for Willie it would be one thing, but I have to think Florida State is a dream job for Taggart. Let's hope Jimbo Fisher has a long and illustrious career at Florida State.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

I am confident Willie ain't leaving, there is a pic on Twitter of him sitting front row at PK 80 next to Uncle Phil! It is strangely reassuring!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

greenyellow wrote:
Man it's going to be a tough day when he passes away. Losing someone with his love for Oregon sports with the power he had to help change things will be missed.
Return Of the Quack!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duckattack7 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Man it's going to be a tough day when he passes away. Losing someone with his love for Oregon sports with the power he had to help change things will be missed.
It’d be so great if football or basketball could win just one natty before he passes, would definitely mean a lot to him. I think both get it done though!