Willie to FSU and who's going with him

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

5$
Five Star Recruit

Re: Willie to FSU and who's going with him

Post by 5$ »

Coaches should have to sit out a year if they transfer.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

5$ wrote:Coaches should have to sit out a year if they transfer.
Nobody should have to sit out but if schools can't pay players but they can pay coaches collectively in excess of 100 grand a player, then for parity purposes the NCAA should enact new legislation limiting coaching salaries. You'd still see college coaches even if they maxed out at 500K a year. Yes, I was born yesterday.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I've gotta be honest, watching Taggart's FSU press conference made him seem a lot less like a villain. I've been pissed at him, and I still think he could have been a lot more candid with everyone during the process, but I also think you can tell this was really hard for him, and he only did it because of how important FSU has always been to him and his family. I know most of you guys won't agree with me, but I'm not gonna hold any contempt for the man.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: Willie to FSU

Post by Everythingsducky »

TualatinDuck wrote:He was talking about Oregon and the players, just the look in his eyes. He was very somber.
I’m sure he is upset, to a point. But Willie is a salesman, it’s what he does best. Not sure he expected the response from fans and the media, but he should have.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Tray Dub wrote:I've gotta be honest, watching Taggart's FSU press conference made him seem a lot less like a villain. I've been pissed at him, and I still think he could have been a lot more candid with everyone during the process, but I also think you can tell this was really hard for him, and he only did it because of how important FSU has always been to him and his family. I know most of you guys won't agree with me, but I'm not gonna hold any contempt for the man.
What a load of BS. If Florida State was soooo important to him, why wasn't there a clause in his contract about it? Leavitt has one for Kansas State. When you sign a deal, you live up to it. You don't leave the team that gave you a shot at the big time in the lurch after less than a year.

I've had enough of the Willie apologists. The guy used the ducks and had no problem leaving them high and dry. I don't think he could have screwed the ducks over any worse if that was his goal in life. The only worse thing I can think of is if he starts going after our recruits next. Wait for it. He'll probably do it with a really somber look in his eyes.

The ducks will eventually recover, but what an incredible waste of a year, and what an overrated job he did here. The next era in Oregon football can't get here fast enough. The only thing that dude will ever be known for here is his actions over the past week.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Taggert plays people. That is who he is and what he does. We got played destructively. The "somber" was part of his act.
trnxcam
Three Star Recruit

Post by trnxcam »

rockthief wrote:Taggert plays people. That is who he is and what he does. We got played destructively. The "somber" was part of his act.
This. The guy is a salesman. This is what makes him such a great recruiter. However, underneath that charm and influence...well we have first hand experience of what that is.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

I get him doing what he thinks is best for his family or for himself, we all would do the same thing in our own lives.
But I also hope he never wins a game at Florida State.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Willie wasn't even coach here for an entire year, let alone enough years to deserve the distinction of an "era."

Ding, dong, the leech is gone.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Mariota not happy about the move:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

greenyellow wrote:
Thank goodness, DoSomething was soooo weak
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The sales trainer at the only marketing job I ever had called it "Sales License". Say anything and everything you have to to make a deal. If the customer buys, it wasn't a lie.

For some reason, my "Lie-Sense" has been tingling lately...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

5$ wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Thank goodness, DoSomething was soooo weak
Maybe should put up a banner that says "did something...... no excuses"
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »