Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM

Post by Duck24 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:So glad I saw Star Wars instead of watching this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I did the same and contend that Star Wars was a bigger disappointment than the bowl game.
Haven't seen the film but after hearing from people have, the movie dropped the ball on some of the narratives from The Force Awakens and tried too hard to subvert expectations. Plus, I don't find that fans are as enamored with the new characters (Poe, Finn, Rey, Kylo) as they with the old ones (Han, Leia, Luke, Darth Vader.)
Felt like a filler episode in a long series rather than a movie. Some of the plot points are clearly ripped off from other scifi films and shows too. The movie felt like it was rushing through to the end and yet I found myself wondering when anything was going to happen. The end was good but it was a shame that out of 2.5 hrs only maybe 30 of it was any good.
I’m 32 and never seen a single Star Wars movie and doesn’t look like I’ll start now.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Vegas Bowl: Boise St vs Oregon (Dec. 16th, Sat 12:30 PM

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Woah, what did I do? Had no idea I’d create quite the discussion on this thread.

I’ll admit my fire Arroyo statement was a little over the top and extreme, but I will stand by the playcalling in that game was not near good enough for the PAC-12 and I’m not sure Arroyo should be calling the plays. I even heard a rumor that when herbert was upset on the sidelines it was at the playcalling cause he felt like it was restricting how the players could play. So maybe don’t fire Arroyo, but I think there should be serious consideration to bring someone else in to call the plays.

And to people saying that this game doesn’t matter and Cristobal and the coaches should’ve focused on recruiting for more important games in the future, if the coaches actually did that (which I’m sure they didn’t), they should all be fired. That would be the most ridiculous thing a coaching staff could ever do! Overlook a bowl game because “it isn’t important?” Yeah that sends a great message to the team. Don’t care about a game unless it’s an important game, if it isn’t important, don’t worry about it. I’m sure the posters saying that hated Chip’s faceless opponents motto.

As for reactions to what I say, I don’t care, block me or criticize me all you want. Until a mod tells me to change how I post, I won’t change. I welcome the criticism, I know when I post it’s susceptible to hate, and I simply do not care. Doesn’t change anything. My ego isn’t attached to this forum so criticism literally doesn’t matter to me. I’ll listen to other arguments and even alter my opinion based on them sometimes but I won’t fear criticism or let it affect me.

Finally, a lot of duck fans in general crack me up. Of all fan bases I pay attention to (Ducks, Spurs, 49ers, Giants, and Blazers), Duck fans wear rose colored glasses the most. That’s not a bad thing, but as someone who doesn’t it definitely causes me to not blend in with the fan base too much. Just look at Taggert, “oh we love Taggert! He’s so awesome! Better than Chip! We love him!” “Oh Taggart is gone? We’re better off without him anyways, Cristobal will be a better coach than him anyways. Taggart will get fired at FSU.”