Who do you want as the HC at Oregon next year?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Who do you want as the HC at Oregon next year?

Post by Phenom »

pezsez1 wrote:What about this for the coaching situation...

What if instead of trying to find a sexy HC (who might not be on the table at this point), what if we promoted Cristobal to HC and then hired a sexy offensive coordinator -- preferably a spread guru with better Xs and Os than Taggart had -- who'd work well with the existing staff?

Any names come to mind for that scenario?
So you want to tell the new HC what to do from the get-go? No, that would be undermining them.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Phenom wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:What about this for the coaching situation...

What if instead of trying to find a sexy HC (who might not be on the table at this point), what if we promoted Cristobal to HC and then hired a sexy offensive coordinator -- preferably a spread guru with better Xs and Os than Taggart had -- who'd work well with the existing staff?

Any names come to mind for that scenario?
So you want to tell the new HC what to do from the get-go? No, that would be undermining them.
Lets watch what happens at ASU with Edwards in charge. Being told that these
are your assistant coaches. The head guy has to have control on who he has
as his coaches.
TXAGGIE00
High School Drop Out

Post by TXAGGIE00 »

Good Morning Ducks,
Fightin' Texas Aggie here. I just wanted to come on and share a few thoughts with you. The Ducks have always been my favorite PAC12 North team so I have vested interest in seeing y'all do well. With Willie leaving for FSU I really hope y'all bring in Sumlin. He is a terrific coach and I believe (along with a whole bunch or other Ags) that he would absolutely kill it there. His style of play and recruiting was be an absolute perfect fit for the Ducks. KK would not do well there, he's still a few years out from being able to run a top flight program. Sumlin learned a lot while at A&M and I really wanted him to do well here but that just didn't happen. His coaching philosophy and style would turn Oregon back into the monster it once was with Kelly. I wish y'all all the best and I look forward to watching the Ducks no matter who you choose to lead your team, but if you pick Sumlin, I will never miss another Ducks game again. Good luck in the LV Bowl and BTHObs (Beat The Hell Outta boise state)!

Thanks and Gig'Em
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

TXAGGIE00 wrote:Good Morning Ducks,
Fightin' Texas Aggie here. I just wanted to come on and share a few thoughts with you. The Ducks have always been my favorite PAC12 North team so I have vested interest in seeing y'all do well. With Willie leaving for FSU I really hope y'all bring in Sumlin. He is a terrific coach and I believe (along with a whole bunch or other Ags) that he would absolutely kill it there. His style of play and recruiting was be an absolute perfect fit for the Ducks. KK would not do well there, he's still a few years out from being able to run a top flight program. Sumlin learned a lot while at A&M and I really wanted him to do well here but that just didn't happen. His coaching philosophy and style would turn Oregon back into the monster it once was with Kelly. I wish y'all all the best and I look forward to watching the Ducks no matter who you choose to lead your team, but if you pick Sumlin, I will never miss another Ducks game again. Good luck in the LV Bowl and BTHObs (Beat The Hell Outta boise state)!

Thanks and Gig'Em
You guys throwing your oil money at Jimbo started this entire fiasco. Not a fan.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Why would we want a coach with at least 4 losses in 8 of his 10 year record?
TXAGGIE00
High School Drop Out

Post by TXAGGIE00 »

karlhungis wrote:

Thanks and Gig'Em
You guys throwing your oil money at Jimbo started this entire fiasco. Not a fan.
Well we have Oil money you guys have Nike money. We started it, yes that is absolutely correct. We're tired of being told to know our place! We want the same as you, a competitive football program. We are realist, we're not expecting to be world beaters all the time, but we expect to be competitive 100% of the time!

Sumlin would be an instant impact for sure! He would take you to 10-2 next year without a doubt!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Thanks and Gig'Em
The mood of the board is not great just now, so please forgive us for not being as hospitable as we might normally be. Thanks for the well wishes and good luck with your new coach. Hope you beat Alabama every year.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

karlhungis wrote:

Thanks and Gig'Em
Come on man, don't be rude. We've got plenty of money and obviously we've hired away other team's coaches before too.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Thoughts on the Row the Boat guy? Lol
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Phalanx wrote:

Thanks and Gig'Em
The mood of the board is not great just now, so please forgive us for not being as hospitable as we might normally be. Thanks for the well wishes and good luck with your new coach. Hope you beat Alabama every year.
Werd. Everyone is a little pissy (myself included). Classy post by an Aggie.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

TXAGGIE00 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Thanks and Gig'Em
Well we have Oil money you guys have Nike money. We started it, yes that is absolutely correct. We're tired of being told to know our place! We want the same as you, a competitive football program. We are realist, we're not expecting to be world beaters all the time, but we expect to be competitive 100% of the time!

Sumlin would be an instant impact for sure! He would take you to 10-2 next year without a doubt!
This is about the most condescending thing I’ve ever read. According to you Sumlin would be a great hire for us but ya’ll had to fire him and overpay for Fisher because you deserve a competitive program. If he’s not good enough for you why the f*** would he be a great hire for us?
TXAGGIE00
High School Drop Out

Post by TXAGGIE00 »

Tray Dub wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Thanks and Gig'Em
Come on man, don't be rude. We've got plenty of money and obviously we've hired away other team's coaches before too.
Hey, I am certainly not trying to be rude! That is not my intention at all here. Coaching searches can be rough on a fan base, believe me I know, our last 3 haven't exactly worked out and our Fran hire was an absolute disaster.

All I'm trying to say here is Sumlin would do an outstanding job in Eugene! I believe that if he lands there, you would never have to worry about him leaving for "greener pastures" so to speak because Oregon is a destination job. He got his start in the NW and he could absolutely get you back to where you need and deserve to be!
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Wow, pardon the salt on this forum! Didn't expect you to get this type of response but I guess you can see this is quite the touchy subject right now. I see no condescension in your posts and appreciate your kind words and support. This is NOT A&M's fault, if anything the AD should have better structured the buyout. You guys are trying to build a winning product just like we are. Cheers and all the best.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

TXAGGIE00 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Thanks and Gig'Em
Hey, I am certainly not trying to be rude! That is not my intention at all here. Coaching searches can be rough on a fan base, believe me I know, our last 3 haven't exactly worked out and our Fran hire was an absolute disaster.

All I'm trying to say here is Sumlin would do an outstanding job in Eugene! I believe that if he lands there, you would never have to worry about him leaving for "greener pastures" so to speak because Oregon is a destination job. He got his start in the NW and he could absolutely get you back to where you need and deserve to be!
I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to the guy who talked about your oil money. I know you're trying to be friendly here.
TXAGGIE00
High School Drop Out

Post by TXAGGIE00 »

alabamaduck wrote:
TXAGGIE00 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Thanks and Gig'Em

Look, I'm not being condescending! My meaning was we both have money, that's all! Sumlin's style doesn't/disin't work in the SEC much less the SECW, but in the PAC, his style will not only work but will dominate. His problem at A&M is he wasn't able to get the DTs, DEs and LBs to manage the power rushing attacks of the Bama's, Auburns and LSU's. His spread system would absolutely work at Oregon. The only real team I think he would have a problem with would be Stanford, but I think he can prevail.

I apologize if I came off in a condescending manner, that was not my intention at all.

This is about the most condescending thing I’ve ever read. According to you Sumlin would be a great hire for us but ya’ll had to fire him and overpay for Fisher because you deserve a competitive program. If he’s not good enough for you why the f*** would he be a great hire for us?