Who do you want as the HC at Oregon next year?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TXAGGIE00
High School Drop Out

Re: Who do you want as the HC at Oregon next year?

Post by TXAGGIE00 »

Tray Dub wrote:
TXAGGIE00 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
TXAGGIE00 wrote:Good Morning Ducks,
Fightin' Texas Aggie here. I just wanted to come on and share a few thoughts with you. The Ducks have always been my favorite PAC12 North team so I have vested interest in seeing y'all do well. With Willie leaving for FSU I really hope y'all bring in Sumlin. He is a terrific coach and I believe (along with a whole bunch or other Ags) that he would absolutely kill it there. His style of play and recruiting was be an absolute perfect fit for the Ducks. KK would not do well there, he's still a few years out from being able to run a top flight program. Sumlin learned a lot while at A&M and I really wanted him to do well here but that just didn't happen. His coaching philosophy and style would turn Oregon back into the monster it once was with Kelly. I wish y'all all the best and I look forward to watching the Ducks no matter who you choose to lead your team, but if you pick Sumlin, I will never miss another Ducks game again. Good luck in the LV Bowl and BTHObs (Beat The Hell Outta boise state)!

Thanks and Gig'Em
You guys throwing your oil money at Jimbo started this entire fiasco. Not a fan.
Come on man, don't be rude. We've got plenty of money and obviously we've hired away other team's coaches before too.
Hey, I am certainly not trying to be rude! That is not my intention at all here. Coaching searches can be rough on a fan base, believe me I know, our last 3 haven't exactly worked out and our Fran hire was an absolute disaster.

All I'm trying to say here is Sumlin would do an outstanding job in Eugene! I believe that if he lands there, you would never have to worry about him leaving for "greener pastures" so to speak because Oregon is a destination job. He got his start in the NW and he could absolutely get you back to where you need and deserve to be!
I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to the guy who talked about your oil money. I know you're trying to be friendly here.
Ahh Rgr that! I just wanted to come here and add a little insight is all. I want to see Oregon do well, I believe Sumlin would be an absolute home run hire! It's all about fit and style of play. Our fan bases are very similar as well as our stadium atmosphere. Autzen is absolutely on my buckets list of stadiums I want to visit.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

thanks for sharing the info...
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

TXAGGIE00 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
TXAGGIE00 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
TXAGGIE00 wrote:Good Morning Ducks,
Fightin' Texas Aggie here. I just wanted to come on and share a few thoughts with you. The Ducks have always been my favorite PAC12 North team so I have vested interest in seeing y'all do well. With Willie leaving for FSU I really hope y'all bring in Sumlin. He is a terrific coach and I believe (along with a whole bunch or other Ags) that he would absolutely kill it there. His style of play and recruiting was be an absolute perfect fit for the Ducks. KK would not do well there, he's still a few years out from being able to run a top flight program. Sumlin learned a lot while at A&M and I really wanted him to do well here but that just didn't happen. His coaching philosophy and style would turn Oregon back into the monster it once was with Kelly. I wish y'all all the best and I look forward to watching the Ducks no matter who you choose to lead your team, but if you pick Sumlin, I will never miss another Ducks game again. Good luck in the LV Bowl and BTHObs (Beat The Hell Outta boise state)!

Thanks and Gig'Em
You guys throwing your oil money at Jimbo started this entire fiasco. Not a fan.
Come on man, don't be rude. We've got plenty of money and obviously we've hired away other team's coaches before too.
Hey, I am certainly not trying to be rude! That is not my intention at all here. Coaching searches can be rough on a fan base, believe me I know, our last 3 haven't exactly worked out and our Fran hire was an absolute disaster.

All I'm trying to say here is Sumlin would do an outstanding job in Eugene! I believe that if he lands there, you would never have to worry about him leaving for "greener pastures" so to speak because Oregon is a destination job. He got his start in the NW and he could absolutely get you back to where you need and deserve to be!
I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to the guy who talked about your oil money. I know you're trying to be friendly here.
Ahh Rgr that! I just wanted to come here and add a little insight is all. I want to see Oregon do well, I believe Sumlin would be an absolute home run hire! It's all about fit and style of play. Our fan bases are very similar as well as our stadium atmosphere. Autzen is absolutely on my buckets list of stadiums I want to visit.
I actually think Sumlin would be the best hire as well right now.
TXAGGIE00
High School Drop Out

Post by TXAGGIE00 »

mrpd21 wrote:Wow, pardon the salt on this forum! Didn't expect you to get this type of response but I guess you can see this is quite the touchy subject right now. I see no condescension in your posts and appreciate your kind words and support. This is NOT A&M's fault, if anything the AD should have better structured the buyout. You guys are trying to build a winning product just like we are. Cheers and all the best.
A little Salt is fine, I get it. I just wanted to share some thoughts with all the Duck fans. Cheers to you and all of Duck nation. Best of luck in your coaching search and I really hope you get who you need!
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

TXAGGIE00 wrote:
mrpd21 wrote:Wow, pardon the salt on this forum! Didn't expect you to get this type of response but I guess you can see this is quite the touchy subject right now. I see no condescension in your posts and appreciate your kind words and support. This is NOT A&M's fault, if anything the AD should have better structured the buyout. You guys are trying to build a winning product just like we are. Cheers and all the best.
A little Salt is fine, I get it. I just wanted to share some thoughts with all the Duck fans. Cheers to you and all of Duck nation. Best of luck in your coaching search and I really hope you get who you need!
Thanks for posting!

While we are not at full melt down mode yet, we are pissed this is dragging out so long. We just want it over with as we have a game to play in 11 days.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Sumlin...no question in my mind
TXAGGIE00
High School Drop Out

Post by TXAGGIE00 »

TualatinDuck wrote:
TXAGGIE00 wrote:
Thanks for posting!

While we are not at full melt down mode yet, we are pissed this is dragging out so long. We just want it over with as we have a game to play in 11 days.
I completely understand. I think if Sumlin were to come in he would bring Mazzone (OC), McKinney (RB solid recruiter with deep Houston ties) and Morehead (WR young coach with a super bowl ring) I think Chavis will end up back at Tennessee once that debacle is over with. I clould see him keeping Leveritt (SP) on staff, he's a really good coach. I've been following him since his days at USF.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

TXAGGIE00 wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
TXAGGIE00 wrote:
Thanks for posting!

I completely understand. I think if Sumlin were to come in he would bring Mazzone (OC), McKinney (RB solid recruiter with deep Houston ties) and Morehead (WR young coach with a super bowl ring) I think Chavis will end up back at Tennessee once that debacle is over with. I clould see him keeping Leveritt (SP) on staff, he's a really good coach. I've been following him since his days at USF.
Right now Mullins top priority has to be securing Cristobal, Arrayo, Levitt, and Joe. Keep them and most of our recruiting class stays intact.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

At this point, Leavitt and Cristobal need to be considered for the HC spot. If they don't get it, they need to be retained in some fashion.
TXAGGIE00
High School Drop Out

Post by TXAGGIE00 »

TualatinDuck wrote:
TXAGGIE00 wrote:
TualatinDuck wrote:
TXAGGIE00 wrote:
Thanks for posting!

Right now Mullins top priority has to be securing Cristobal, Arrayo, Levitt, and Joe. Keep them and most of our recruiting class stays intact.
All 4 of those guys are solid coaches! Would absolutely want them to stay on staff. Really like your OL coach!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'd say they need to keep Coach Clark as well since he's recognized as one of the top up-and-coming coaches in the country.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Isn't Clark one of Willie's guys?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

TualatinDuck wrote:Isn't Clark one of Willie's guys?
He came here with Leavitt from Colorado.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I'm "Meh" on Sumlin. I know he can coach offense but I don't like his lack of any ties to the West Coast. He's from Alabama, played at Purdue and had one year as a GA at WSU. UCF has taken him off their list apparently which would seemingly indicate that Sumlin does want the job, of course, Taggot kept telling people he knew how much he wanted this job too. We're going to have a QB and OL (Jelks stays you can probably add DL too) that can give us a chance at winning the P12 next season, so another hired gun can come in have a great season and parlay that into another extension.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Gus Malzahn, Auburn

Maybe he'd like an easier path to the playoffs than the SEC West.

If PK wants a shot at a championship, spring for a huge contract with an equally large buyout.