Assistant Coaches: Comings and Goings

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: Assistant Coaches?

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:Leavitt is gone. Besides dropping the ! after Go Ducks, his tweets now seem past tense..

"So impressed with our players. They had fun on a Sunday morning practice. That is not always easy. These guys have become very close. I've enjoyed watching their progress. Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Go Ducks"
It is the last game of the year.

Exactly what I was thinking. College football has a very clearly defined year, and we are now at the end of it. Anyone is likely to use the past tense when taking stock of the year. I think he is probably gone, but his tense in tweets is not the evidence for it.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

buckmarkduck wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:Leavitt is gone. Besides dropping the ! after Go Ducks, his tweets now seem past tense..

"So impressed with our players. They had fun on a Sunday morning practice. That is not always easy. These guys have become very close. I've enjoyed watching their progress. Leaving for Vegas tomorrow. Go Ducks"
Exactly

I kind of doubt Jim stays and the exclamation point thing I get but the past tense thing is reaching

People are talking about Guidry from mcneese state

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duckenstein wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

Exactly

I kind of doubt Jim stays and the exclamation point thing I get but the past tense thing is reaching

People are talking about Guidry from mcneese state

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
McNeese State? How was their defense this year? Crazy to go from the best DC money can buy to taking a flyer on someone from McNeese State.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Wondering if he meant Guidry from McNeese State as Taggart's DC? He coached with Willie at Western Kentucky as his DC and is currently the head coach at McNeese State. DC at FSU probably pays more than HC at McNeese.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

pdxduck2013 wrote:Wondering if he meant Guidry from McNeese State as Taggart's DC? He coached with Willie at Western Kentucky as his DC and is currently the head coach at McNeese State. DC at FSU probably pays more than HC at McNeese.
I hope that's the case.
OregonFan4life -
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

If we’re off to Vegas tomorrow and he’s not returning to Oregon next year it’s possible he’s leaving Eugene for good today....some other insiders claim there’s no final decision made yet. Also, isn’t it possible Leavitt ends up somewhere other than Oregon or FSU? There’s bound to be lots more movement between now and February for instance....
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Jesseisabeast wrote:If we’re off to Vegas tomorrow and he’s not returning to Oregon next year it’s possible he’s leaving Eugene for good today....some other insiders claim there’s no final decision made yet. Also, isn’t it possible Leavitt ends up somewhere other than Oregon or FSU? There’s bound to be lots more movement between now and February for instance....
With his pay and buyout, I don't think he ends up anywhere other than UO or FSU unless someone offers him a HC spot.
OregonFan4life -
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

karlhungis wrote:
Jesseisabeast wrote:If we’re off to Vegas tomorrow and he’s not returning to Oregon next year it’s possible he’s leaving Eugene for good today....some other insiders claim there’s no final decision made yet. Also, isn’t it possible Leavitt ends up somewhere other than Oregon or FSU? There’s bound to be lots more movement between now and February for instance....
With his pay and buyout, I don't think he ends up anywhere other than UO or FSU unless someone offers him a HC spot.
From what I've read his buyout is basically nothing after the bowl game and coordinator pay is going up along with HC pay. He's as good as gone.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

karlhungis wrote:
It's hard to say. He's got a HUGE contract for a DC right now. Still, there are other openings where he may be looked at, too. I'm pretty sure the DC position at Alabama is open.
John 3:36
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

According to the following message board, Taggart has hired some guy named Telly Lockette as RB coach. Guess Pimp is sticking around!

Check it here: http://www.theterritory.org/phorum/read ... msg-594204
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

5$ wrote:According to the following message board, Taggart has hired some guy named Telly Lockette as RB coach. Guess Pimp is sticking around!

They say he is from Oregon State? 5th
OregonFan4life -
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

karlhungis wrote:
5$ wrote:According to the following message board, Taggart has hired some guy named Telly Lockette as RB coach. Guess Pimp is sticking around!

Yeah, but he is from Miami and coached running backs at South Florida from 2012-14.

http://www.osubeavers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=779
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

gogreen55 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Yeah, but he is from Miami and coached running backs at South Florida from 2012-14.

I'm surprised they are happy about the hire. Seems pretty underwhelming to me.
OregonFan4life -
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

karlhungis wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:

Underwhelming hires at fsu is fine by me
I'm surprised they are happy about the hire. Seems pretty underwhelming to me.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I wonder if Pimpleton told him no. there were rumors that he was pissed with Willie.