Re: Pacers/Grizzlies

Post by dennocj »

Accept
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

This seems really bad to me. Bamba is equal to kanter but at 1/5 the cost. Goodwin is better than Murray and two picks doesn't make up the difference IMO
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

lukeyrid13 wrote:This seems really bad to me. Bamba is equal to kanter but at 1/5 the cost. Goodwin is better than Murray and two picks doesn't make up the difference IMO
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Pacers, why?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

pistolpetejr wrote:Grizzlies send:

Kanter
Murray
Heat 24 1st
Pacers 24 1st

Bamba
Goodwin
Bruno

Accept.
I thought about two Pacers trade today and I am going to veto them both and here is why:
1. I could see this trade making "some" sense if the Pacers were looking to do a one year rebuild by getting their pick back and really bottoming out but as reflected in the other trade that is not the case (more on that later)
2. Bamba is better than Kanter. Goodwin is better than Murray so why are they dealt to absorb that Kanter contract?
3. If the plan was to get younger pieces and still compete, then why are you trading 2 young assets for lesser older versions?
4. If I allowed these trades, the Pacers would be in cap hell, no future picks and no assets outside of Brown

I took a long look at these trades and in good faith cant allow this to happen b/c the end product is a worse team with no future. It would collapse the team for the next 3-5 years
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

That should go over well lol
SUNS GM
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Craig wrote:That should go over well lol
Just have to do it sometimes. :lol:

Last time I did it running a league, it was against (as in, he'd benefit from it) the guy helping me run it. He threw a big hissy fit and posted the file, effectively ending the league.

So at least that can't happen. :P

It does beg the question of keeping the GM though. Undoubtedly, and probably rightfully so, the Pacers GM isn't going to be happy about it.
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

The Bean Regime wrote:

Last time I did it running a league, it was against (as in, he'd benefit from it) the guy helping me run it. He threw a big hissy fit and posted the file, effectively ending the league.

It does beg the question of keeping the GM though. Undoubtedly, and probably rightfully so, the Pacers GM isn't going to be happy about it.
Neither will I.
This is ridiculous.

We can’t just go about trying to protect every GM in the league. When it’s a newbie, I get the premise. When it’s someone who knows what they’re doing, why are we interfering, especially when they’re not trading their future and have their 1sts.
---

PistolPeteJR
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

pistolpetejr wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:

Neither will I.
This is ridiculous.

We can’t just go about trying to protect every GM in the league. When it’s a newbie, I get the premise. When it’s someone who knows what they’re doing, why are we interfering, especially when they’re not trading their future and have their 1sts.
B/c then it becomes chaos. There has to be some realm of control to this. The current deals are not fit and are not an end point. They can be reworked and hashed out. I dont throw the veto hammer out often and I could be more controlling but im not. I only speak up when I see something that doesnt make sense.

I feel I am pretty fair in allowing trades and am hands off in 95% of them. As mentioned, there are times when I should step in and its not too protect a GM but rather the health of the league. This is one of those cases.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

The kanter deal is crippling IMO. Perhaps we need to vote on it as a league, maybe a stretch provision or multiple picks to cancel it out but I don't see any trade where the team on the other end could conceivably take him on and it be deemed a good trade.
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

lukeyrid13 wrote:The kanter deal is crippling IMO. Perhaps we need to vote on it as a league, maybe a stretch provision or multiple picks to cancel it out but I don't see any trade where the team on the other end could conceivably take him on and it be deemed a good trade.
In my deal for Ball, I clearly got wrecked. Gave up the better player in Thon and took on Kanter. I did it by choice. No one voiced any displeasure. I actually don’t agree that Bamba > Kanter right now strictly from a player vs player perspective. Indy’s in win-now mode. Got the better defender who’s also the better scorer in the bigs, got his pick back, got the Heat pick, which isn’t gonna be a 25th pick or anything, and got Murray who’s better than he played last year as a non-option and without a proper PG facilitating.
---

PistolPeteJR
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

pistolpetejr wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:The kanter deal is crippling IMO. Perhaps we need to vote on it as a league, maybe a stretch provision or multiple picks to cancel it out but I don't see any trade where the team on the other end could conceivably take him on and it be deemed a good trade.
In my deal for Ball, I clearly got wrecked. Gave up the better player in Thon and took on Kanter. I did it by choice. No one voiced any displeasure. I actually don’t agree that Bamba > Kanter right now strictly from a player vs player perspective. Indy’s in win-now mode. Got the better defender who’s also the better scorer in the bigs, got his pick back, got the Heat pick, which isn’t gonna be a 25th pick or anything, and got Murray who’s better than he played last year as a non-option and without a proper PG facilitating.
lukeyrid13 wrote:Whoa!

I like this for the Heat actually. Maker is a stud and that Kanter contract is going to be abysmal here real soon.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I also vouched that the Heat/Bucks Kanter trade should have been vetoed so I'm overall very against the Kanter contract.

If the pacers really wanted their pick back, I think Goodwin for Murray and the pick back is more fair. Murray only averaged 9ppg this past year and Goodwin is a 20ppg scorer.
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I also vouched that the Heat/Bucks Kanter trade should have been vetoed so I'm overall very against the Kanter contract.

If the pacers really wanted their pick back, I think Goodwin for Murray and the pick back is more fair. Murray only averaged 9ppg this past year and Goodwin is a 20ppg scorer.
1) Your comment isn’t a move to veto, and if it was, not well communicated.

2) Murray was a non-option with a terrible PG facilitating.

3) Why would I deal for Goodwin when I’m clearly a rebuild team?
---

PistolPeteJR