Pacers/Bucks

Post Completed Trades Here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Re: Pacers/Bucks

Post by jibbajabba614 »

dennocj wrote:Damn, my bad y’all lol. Did not realize this would result in all this and definitely didn’t mean to cause all this. I do this league to haven fun and take my mind of real world stuff for times of the day. I realize I’m not the greatest at playing this game but I really do enjoy it. My thought process on these deals was that I realized Kanter’s contract sucks but I do feel he is a slight upgrade over Bamba right now. I liked the picks as well, one obviously being mine. For the trade with the Bucks, I really just like Jaylen Brown. For short, I just wanted to make a change and try something else out. I’ll roll with whatever ultimate decision is made, which it looks like vetoed, but I appreciate all of yalls thoughts on these trades and I hope y’all have a good Valentine’s Day. I’ve already made it pretty exciting for y’all lol
From my experience of trade talking with Pacers, I got the feeling people would try to get the best out of him. I try to make deals that benefits both teams. I personally think other GM’s should try not to get over on someone just because they can.

Also I get why both trades got veto. This one isn’t veto worthy but the other one is. And the pick causes this one to be void. Bucks can’t get mad about that. Rework a new deal that benefits both teams.
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

jibbajabba614 wrote:
dennocj wrote:Damn, my bad y’all lol. Did not realize this would result in all this and definitely didn’t mean to cause all this. I do this league to haven fun and take my mind of real world stuff for times of the day. I realize I’m not the greatest at playing this game but I really do enjoy it. My thought process on these deals was that I realized Kanter’s contract sucks but I do feel he is a slight upgrade over Bamba right now. I liked the picks as well, one obviously being mine. For the trade with the Bucks, I really just like Jaylen Brown. For short, I just wanted to make a change and try something else out. I’ll roll with whatever ultimate decision is made, which it looks like vetoed, but I appreciate all of yalls thoughts on these trades and I hope y’all have a good Valentine’s Day. I’ve already made it pretty exciting for y’all lol
From my experience of trade talking with Pacers, I got the feeling people would try to get the best out of him. I try to make deals that benefits both teams. I personally think other GM’s should try not to get over on someone just because they can.

Also I get why both trades got veto. This one isn’t veto worthy but the other one is. And the pick causes this one to be void. Bucks can’t get mad about that. Rework a new deal that benefits both teams.
For a GM to have to worry about another team's managing their own squad makes no sense, in my mind. I understand that could sound selfish and self-centred as it pertains to the health of the league, as the aim is to have fun, but the aim is to have fun in the spirit of competition, and in the spirit of competition, GMs are looking to position themselves to win. I personally don't think Pacers GM got fleeced as a number of people are making it sound, but we are working to rework the deal for the sake of the league.
---

PistolPeteJR
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ I thought it should be veto and I own pacers pick in 25 and 26. It's no fun to see a team get fleeced in a trade(s)
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

pistolpetejr wrote:
jibbajabba614 wrote:

For a GM to have to worry about another team's managing their own squad makes no sense, in my mind. I understand that could sound selfish and self-centred as it pertains to the health of the league, as the aim is to have fun, but the aim is to have fun in the spirit of competition, and in the spirit of competition, GMs are looking to position themselves to win. I personally don't think Pacers GM got fleeced as a number of people are making it sound, but we are working to rework the deal for the sake of the league.
You’re not exactly an objective party here.
SUNS GM
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Craig wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:
jibbajabba614 wrote:

You’re not exactly an objective party here.
Which means what exactly? That I can't make a point?
---

PistolPeteJR
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

There's some truth in what pistol is saying. At some point, when do the training wheels come off a GM?

But at the same time, you know what GMs are a little newer and more prone to advantageous deals for you. And you happily took advantage of that.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:There's some truth in what pistol is saying. At some point, when do the training wheels come off a GM?

But at the same time, you know what GMs are a little newer and more prone to advantageous deals for you. And you happily took advantage of that.
Is it training wheels come off? Or would they be fired? Myself I would rather we help them as a league instead of firing someone who is active.
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

UOducksTK1 wrote:There's some truth in what pistol is saying. At some point, when do the training wheels come off a GM?

Dennoc is new? :S he's been Indy GM since I came back a while ago. I find him to be a respectable GM and never once did I ever think to myself, "He's new, pounce."
---

PistolPeteJR
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pistolpetejr wrote:

Dennoc is new? :S he's been Indy GM since I came back a while ago. I find him to be a respectable GM and never once did I ever think to myself, "He's new, pounce."
I want to say this is his first sim league ever. So yeah I'd consider that pretty new.

pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:

I want to say this is his first sim league ever. So yeah I'd consider that pretty new.
You're still considered new when you're part of a league for over a year? Okay.

And the quotable bolded in red from you, I don't appreciate one bit. I didn't look to capitalize on what you call his inexperience or anything like that. I don't have a history of doing that, as far as I know, and I think my blockbuster deal with the Heat GM, which I would consider new, speaks to how I was fully aware he was getting the better deal, yet I was fine with, because it was something I chose to do.
---

PistolPeteJR
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Honestly I think the grizz trade is not horrible. I wouldn't ever take on that kanter deal but whatever. To me it's the Bucks deal that is bad. Wall is a stud and will be for a few more years. Trading him away leaves Pacers with no pg of note. There's no way he should've given up a 1st too.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pistolpetejr wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:

And the quotable bolded in red from you, I don't appreciate one bit. I didn't look to capitalize on what you call his inexperience or anything like that. I don't have a history of doing that, as far as I know, and I think my blockbuster deal with the Heat GM, which I would consider new, speaks to how I was fully aware he was getting the better deal, yet I was fine with, because it was something I chose to do.
For some people, yeah. For me, it took like 4-5 leagues and couple years before I really understood player value.

Well everyone in the league seems to think it's lopsided except you, so perhaps you are just oblivious to this being strongly lopsided.

pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:

For some people, yeah. For me, it took like 4-5 leagues and couple years before I really understood player value.

Well everyone in the league seems to think it's lopsided except you, so perhaps you are just oblivious to this being strongly lopsided.
Perhaps you’re simply oblivious to the post above yours.
And no, I never said it wasn’t lopsided in my favour, nor did I say it’s lopsided in Indy’s favour. I just don’t think it’s veto-worthy.
---

PistolPeteJR
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If it makes you feel better, I had 8 trades veto'd in the first few seasons. That's gotta be a record still I'm sure.

It's cause TK hates me ;)
eddy_zamora
Four Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics GM

Post by eddy_zamora »

We can’t talk about vetoing trades and not include Eddy.
SUPERSONICS GM