Washington State @ Oregon Game Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

NCDucks09
Senior

Re: Washington State @ Oregon Game Thread

Post by NCDucks09 »

WSU replaces 3 Offensive Line Starters this week and starts a True Frosh QB. Our Linebackers are going to have a feast on WSU's Offense. Turnovers by WSU giving us a short field to score on will lead to a first half blow-out!
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Via Rob Moseley's Twitter:
Today may be the best I've ever seen Oregon practice. It's just one day. But it's been a helluva day. Offense and defense both outstanding.
Looks like black helmets this weekend, by the way. Day ends with a Masoli TD pass in clutch
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Gonna be 44-0 Oregon
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

It seems like the team is starting to gel. Hopefully they continue firing on all cylinders and stay healthy!
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Here are a few links to a couple of videos of the quarterback the Ducks will be facing this week. The first video is Tuel's recruiting video from his senior year in high school, the second shows some of his highlights in mop-up duty against USC last week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7tDLBY49tQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olOh2CbAfGY

He seems to have a pretty nice arm if given time and is more elusive than your average QB. According to his Scout.com profile he had the 4th highest Sparq score for QB's nationally as a senior and also the second fastest shuttle time (4.13), so he will be one of the more athletic quarterbacks the Ducks will face. Hopefully the Ducks are able force him to display his elusiveness early and often as they make him scramble for his life.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

I would be very careful about getting too excited about a win here. Yes its Wazzu and they are probably the worst team in the conference right now but I just hope the team isnt looking past this game to UCLA. Even though USC is vulnerable and having issues, they still only scored 27 on Wazzu. With the talent they have to only put up 27 is either very poor play calling or USC is having much larger issues than being reported. They did shut tOSU down, so that says something about them but does that mean the Big Ten is weak or that the Pac 10 is just that strong? I am cautiously optopmistic here and see the Ducks scoreing huge numbers! Wazzu also beat SMU which has a very high powered offense under June Jones. Take that for what its worth but I think they can put up a bigger fight than Cal did.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Remember 2003 when we beat #3 Michigan then got blown out by Wazzu the following weekend 55-16 at home.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

gofightingducks wrote:Remember 2003 when we beat #3 Michigan then got blown out by Wazzu the following weekend 55-16 at home.

Oh yeah, I was there for both games. It went from such a high to such a low in one week. With that being said, this Wazzu team is worse. There is no way I see the ducks losing this game.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Normally I would agree that we shouldn't get too confident about any game, let alone WSU, but come on people... WSU is not only the worst team in the P10, but one of the worst teams in D1 college football... if there is ONE game on the schedule that Im 100% confident that we will win its this one...

WSU?!? :roll:

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Solarduck
High School Drop Out

Post by Solarduck »

OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

welcome to chat4quacks forum :)
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

gofightingducks wrote:Remember 2003 when we beat #3 Michigan then got blown out by Wazzu the following weekend 55-16 at home.
That was when Wazzu was a very good football program & a Pac 10 contender. Theres about zero comparison other than the 2 teams that are playing, WSU & UO. This game saturday will not be close at all.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Wow. You work fast.

Great job at getting Blount reinstated! ;)
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Since anything can happen at a college football game.....if we stay focused and take care of business with a blowout win, I plan on staying to the end so I can watch our backups take some reps. We need to support them and cheer them on.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

It's a little cool, but I sure hope this weather holds... No rain would be awesome!

GOOO000ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Duckssssssss$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!