Washington State @ Oregon Game Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Washington State @ Oregon Game Thread

Post by greenyellow »

chump01284 wrote:I hope Ducks will not overlook Washington State. If everything went well for Ducks in 1st half, im sure we will see 2nd team/3rd team in 2nd half.
I have a feeling that we'll see Costa at QB by sometime in the 2nd half.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

I just hope it doesn't rain too hard. Not only for Masoli's sake, but for my own sake too as I'm sitting in the stands.
rcook
Two Star Recruit

Post by rcook »

chump01284 wrote:I hope Ducks will not overlook Washington State. If everything went well for Ducks in 1st half, im sure we will see 2nd team/3rd team in 2nd half.
I am confident in our defense.

Factors that may fk up our offense a little bit and keep the score down:

-Cold and Wet
-Slippery playing surface/ball
-Maybe slightly less effective running game in those conditions
-Passing game still evolving, kind of unproven, especially in a cold night vs sunny day scenario.

It would sincerely please me to see us pass/catch well in the cold & rain... Though something tells me most of our points will come off the run. WSU is a Pac 10 team, but thats about it. Though I don't think a complete blowout is as likely as it may seem.

Does not like war, fwiw
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Yeah, with Masoli at QB in particular, one of the most important factors for Oregon fans to pay attention to each week is the weather report.

At the moment, the forecast for Eugene on weather.com shows showers on Saturday, a high of 61 and a low of 43 degrees with 12 mph winds.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

With the expected bad weather and inferior opponent will the game be a sellout? The Cal game was the 64th straight sellout at Autzen. Nebraska just had it's 300th straight sellout. Do you think Oregon will reach that mark and how long do you think Nebraska's continues to sellout, they are getting good again. I think even if they expanded Autzen and even when the Ducks play teams like New Mexico, Portland State, etc. they continue to sellout!
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

gofightingducks wrote:With the expected bad weather and inferior opponent will the game be a sellout? The Cal game was the 64th straight sellout at Autzen. Nebraska just had it's 300th straight sellout. Do you think Oregon will reach that mark and how long do you think Nebraska's continues to sellout, they are getting good again. I think even if they expanded Autzen and even when the Ducks play teams like New Mexico, Portland State, etc. they continue to sellout!
Get real. We will sell out no matter the weather nor the opponent.

As far as Nebraska goes. I don't think anybody will ever touch them. As long as they don't have 3-5 years of consecutive 1 win seasons, that record will only get bigger and bigger.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

We won't beat Nebraska's record. We'll eventually have a season with 4 wins or less and we won't sell out a game. Getting to 300 would take roughly 40 years, I believe. No way.
nehalem
Four Star Recruit

Post by nehalem »

I think somebody didn't take their vitamin B-12 today. I'd like to think our floor would be 6 wins and under extremely bizarre circumstances.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

nehalem wrote:I think somebody didn't take their vitamin B-12 today. I'd like to think our floor would be 6 wins and under extremely bizarre circumstances.
I'm saying over the next forty years. We're going to lose more than six games in one year by 2049. Everyone does.
nehalem
Four Star Recruit

Post by nehalem »

Oh alright, I'd be a fool disagree with a 4 win season sometime in forty years. It would happen something like this:
Chip becomes the head coach at Florida after Urban finally takes his dream job at Notre Dame.
Andy Ludwig is hired back as Head coach of the Ducks by our new AD Tonio Celotto-still secretly bitter about not being able to rejoin the 2009-10 Rosebowl champions.
And a small, at first innocuous, NCAA rule change deeply effects our beloved Ducks fortunes. Schools are only allowed to recruit from their own state.
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

echo31 wrote:Could be good opportunity for Masoli to learn to throw the ball in the rain.

There are no weeks off in the Pac-10 ... not even against WSU.
Exactly what I was thinking. I was dissapointed last year when all we did was run against them instead of working on the struggling passing game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I won't be at the game, because I have school and can't make the evening game. Sold my tickets to duck55.

Be loud for me guys, eh? Make sure to impress the Crespi kids and Tony Washington.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I think this will be the one and only cupcake game for the ducks this season.
autzenzoo
Three Star Recruit

Post by autzenzoo »

We'll pick up the slack for ya. don't worry!
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:Yeah, with Masoli at QB in particular, one of the most important factors for Oregon fans to pay attention to each week is the weather report.

At the moment, the forecast for Eugene on weather.com shows showers on Saturday, a high of 61 and a low of 43 degrees with 12 mph winds.
It never rains in Autzen Stadium...
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!