Timberwolves/ Bucks

Post Completed Trades Here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Re: Timberwolves/ Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I don't think anyone is saying veto worthy.

Just frown-worthy, especially at Bucks for trying to take advantage of dudes who still have a little growing to do. That's all. He's been bailed out of bad situations by doing the same thing. And now he's bolstering his core by doing the same thing. He's found the science of fleecing and doing it to the point of acceptance. Hats off to him.
Helps to negotiate for a living I guess
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

BucksGM wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
BucksGM wrote:Wouldn’t be a bucks trade without the fan club showing up.
Doesn't take skill to fleece guys who are newer to the game in general, with all do respect. You should still be eating Kanter's contract right now if I was still commish. And none of this would be possible right now.

With that being said, I think you're a solid GM, but I'd like to see if you could last in a sim with all veterans. We should create two sim leagues. Ones for less than couple years of experienced, and vets who can hold their own.
This sim was my first experience with this engine. Every other sim I’ve been in the last few years was on fbpb3 and that’s the only software i have. I don’t think it takes more than a season or 2 to get up to speed if you’re paying attention to what works for other teams.

Are there sims out there with all veterans? I’d be down for a second league.

Sorry I didn’t realize Eddy was new. I thought this was his second go around.
There's always exceptions to the list. Some people learn quicker than others. For me it took like 5-10 leagues before I understood things. But I was also like 13 at the time. Anyway, I'm very pro protecting guys who aren't as veteran and are known to make a bad deal here or there. Better for competition and integrity IMO.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit

Post by BucksGM »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
BucksGM wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
BucksGM wrote:Wouldn’t be a bucks trade without the fan club showing up.
Doesn't take skill to fleece guys who are newer to the game in general, with all do respect. You should still be eating Kanter's contract right now if I was still commish. And none of this would be possible right now.

With that being said, I think you're a solid GM, but I'd like to see if you could last in a sim with all veterans. We should create two sim leagues. Ones for less than couple years of experienced, and vets who can hold their own.
This sim was my first experience with this engine. Every other sim I’ve been in the last few years was on fbpb3 and that’s the only software i have. I don’t think it takes more than a season or 2 to get up to speed if you’re paying attention to what works for other teams.

Are there sims out there with all veterans? I’d be down for a second league.

Sorry I didn’t realize Eddy was new. I thought this was his second go around.
There's always exceptions to the list. Some people learn quicker than others. For me it took like 5-10 leagues before I understood things. But I was also like 13 at the time. Anyway, I'm very pro protecting guys who aren't as veteran and are known to make a bad deal here or there. Better for competition and integrity IMO.
Yeah prior to getting back into sims over the last few years, It had been quite a while for me. Prior to my recent return the last sim I was in was run on nba live 99 or something lol #oldhead
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

eddy_zamora wrote:Timberwolves trade:
D’Angelo Russell
Larry Sanders
Christian Brown

Bucks trade:
Jaylen Brown
Russell Westbrook
Cut Jalen Carey from the Bucks

I dont think this is as lop sided as others think. Brown fills a need for the TWolves and is a big upgrade over Barnes. Yes he does trade an all star PG but Jackson isnt a scrub. Brown is also under control for two more years than Russell.

Bucks needed a "real" PG in order to compete and defend their crown and he lost a young asset who has stepped up this season. Gamble for both teams esp. if Klay leaves in FA

I do think sometimes the best trade is no trade and the Wolves probably should have stayed put but who knows how this will plan out.

Done
eddy_zamora
Four Star Recruit
GM: Seattle Supersonics GM

Post by eddy_zamora »

I usually agree with the vets on my moves, especially knowing my own track record in my first go of the league. But I don't think this was a fleece at all. I lost some value, I'll admit, but the trade market was more than barren. I messaged half the GMs in the league about Russell and this was probably the best offer I got. Jackson has zero value, and Davis isn't getting anything either. In the West, with SFs like Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram, Wiggins, MKG, I had Harrison Barnes and Malik Beasley. I've messed around a lot with DCs and actually consider myself pretty adept at making them but apparently not. Broph even reached out and helped me tinker with mine and he's far from a rookie GM. The Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Celtics, and Nets have blown me out of the water with their wing play, and Embiid/Russell/Davis wasn't enough to combat that. Maybe this was a dogshit trade and apparently Russell has way more value, but we all know that perceived value and what GMs are willing to give up are willing to give up are completely different. Russell is very good, but I never got offered anything more than decent players or middling prospects, and I resent the notion that I made a knee-jerk trade just like old times because my team isn't winning. In my second tenure I've tried to be a lot better at keeping my picks unless I get a star, and have hit on all of my draft picks and UDFAs (See John Petty and Edmund Sumner). There's almost nothing better I could've gotten, and everyone I've messaged will agree that this offer was better than theirs. I have a ton of long deals and no prospects, so my options are pretty limited. So while I respect the opinions of TK, Pistol, and Pudge, I think you guys are a little jaded in the sense that although maybe D'Angelo was WORTH a lot more, he isn't improving and no one was willing to give up what his perceived value was. It's easy to say that I could've done better when you aren't the one making the deal.
SUPERSONICS GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

eddy_zamora wrote:I usually agree with the vets on my moves, especially knowing my own track record in my first go of the league. But I don't think this was a fleece at all. I lost some value, I'll admit, but the trade market was more than barren. I messaged half the GMs in the league about Russell and this was probably the best offer I got. Jackson has zero value, and Davis isn't getting anything either. In the West, with SFs like Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram, Wiggins, MKG, I had Harrison Barnes and Malik Beasley. I've messed around a lot with DCs and actually consider myself pretty adept at making them but apparently not. Broph even reached out and helped me tinker with mine and he's far from a rookie GM. The Kings, Spurs, Mavs, Celtics, and Nets have blown me out of the water with their wing play, and Embiid/Russell/Davis wasn't enough to combat that. Maybe this was a dogshit trade and apparently Russell has way more value, but we all know that perceived value and what GMs are willing to give up are willing to give up are completely different. Russell is very good, but I never got offered anything more than decent players or middling prospects, and I resent the notion that I made a knee-jerk trade just like old times because my team isn't winning. In my second tenure I've tried to be a lot better at keeping my picks unless I get a star, and have hit on all of my draft picks and UDFAs (See John Petty and Edmund Sumner). There's almost nothing better I could've gotten, and everyone I've messaged will agree that this offer was better than theirs. I have a ton of long deals and no prospects, so my options are pretty limited. So while I respect the opinions of TK, Pistol, and Pudge, I think you guys are a little jaded in the sense that although maybe D'Angelo was WORTH a lot more, he isn't improving and no one was willing to give up what his perceived value was. It's easy to say that I could've done better when you aren't the one making the deal.
Oregon Ownage wrote:I do think sometimes the best trade is no trade
I was in your shoes about 2-3 seasons ago and thought about trading MKG and Beal to restart my team b/c it wasnt working and I was stuck as a 3-6 seed who couldnt get out of the 1st round. I reached out to many teams and the offers were not up to what I thought my players were worth so I stuck with my team and in that off season I was able to get Koufas as a MLE, Skal improved to become a reliable starter and I traded for an expiring Chris Paul. While I didnt win anything with that team, I improved and made the conf. finals.

Sometimes the best moves (when you have talent) is to just hold onto them and wait it out. Things change quickly in this league
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

This is what happens when you decide that a guy has to be moved no matter what. Brown is very solid but Russell is on another level.

Those first deals with Heat/Wolves when they got hired just keep on providing benefits for Milwaukee.
SUNS GM
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit

Post by BucksGM »

Craig wrote:This is what happens when you decide that a guy has to be moved no matter what. Brown is very solid but Russell is on another level.

Those first deals with Heat/Wolves when they got hired just keep on providing benefits for Milwaukee.
The heat and wolves both appear to be better now than they were before those trades, no?
dennocj
Five Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by dennocj »

Who thought all the controversy and arguing was done when Dave left? lol
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit

Post by BucksGM »

dennocj wrote:Who thought all the controversy and arguing was done when Dave left? lol
Haha I always hope he comes back to divert some attention away from me.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

All I have to say is Welcome back Eddy!
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

huh.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dennocj wrote:Who thought all the controversy and arguing was done when Dave left? lol

Lol

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Dave was awesome