Stanford

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Stanford

Post by gofightingducks »

Stanford was pretty impressive in beating UCLA. Stanford could be a player although they have a brutal strecth starting with Oregon then Cal, USC and Notre Dame starting in November. Gerhart is a beast and Luck is a pretty good QB. I am also impressed with Washington those are two teams the Ducks could struggle against because they are on the road.
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Re: Stanford

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

Another red flag regarding the Stanford game is that they will be coming off a bye week. While they are resting and getting extra preparation time, the Ducks will be in a very emotional, physical battle against USC.
Last edited by VinnyKnuckles on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:Another red flag regarding the Stanford game is that they will be coming off a buy week. While they are resting and getting extra preparation time, the Ducks will be in a very emotional, physical battle against USC.
Not to mention a possible distraction with the return of Blount
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:Another red flag regarding the Stanford game is that they will be coming off a buy week. While they are resting and getting extra preparation time, the Ducks will be in a very emotional, physical battle against USC.
Come on now, when is the last time that Stanford ruined our season? (sarcasm)
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Gerhart wouldn't of looked so great today if UCLA knew how to tackle. I think we'll be able to hold him to less than 80 yards. It's a game we should win. They're a good team, but we're better.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UCLA doesn't look all that impressive. The offense is just horrible and the defense is serviceable but I don't think it can stand up to Oregon's offense now that it's clicking again. I think that if Oregon can score about 20-25 points, UCLA's offense won't stand much of a chance with how well the defense if playing to match that.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

Run D has always been a specialty our Aliotti. What concerns me (now, and in the future) is Andrew Luck.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Furd' looks solid and the timing of that game, as noted, is not ideal. When does USC and Stanford play?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Greydrake wrote:Furd' looks solid and the timing of that game, as noted, is not ideal. When does USC and Stanford play?
I think the following week which could work in our favor, maybe they look ahead! :P
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

UCLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay focused duck fans! One game at a time .... this has the potential to be a very special season, but i'd like too see most of our threads talking about UCLA all this week!!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:Gerhart wouldn't of looked so great today if UCLA knew how to tackle. I think we'll be able to hold him to less than 80 yards. It's a game we should win. They're a good team, but we're better.
I don't know, I think UCLA's missed tackles had a lot more to do with Gerhart rather than UCLA's sloppy tackling. Gerhart is a big kid and doesn't go down easy.

To me, turnovers scare me to death on the road. @UCLA, @Stanford, and @Washington will be harder road games then in the past.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

We will beat Stanford if we Limit our turnover. MUST low tackle against Gerhart, we can't afford to miss/tackle high to give him extra few yards. If we limit him under 100 yrds again and pressure Luck, we will win like we did against cal (take out best and pressure Riley)
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

To me, turnovers scare me to death on the road. @UCLA, @Stanford, and @Washington will be harder road games then in the past.
Arizona isn't going to be a cake walk either.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

Gonna be interesting to see how this shakes out. Nothing is a cakewalk from this point on and no team is immune.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

Jahvid Best > Toby Gerhart

Kevin Riley < Andrew Luck