"It's Clear: USC Still Best Team in Pac-10"

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

"It's Clear: USC Still Best Team in Pac-10"

Post by RanDux »

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12306836

Huh???? One conference loss vs. none for Oregon. We've played 2 common opponents so far. Oregon beat Cal 42-3 vs. USC's 30-3 win. Oregon beat WSU 52-6 vs. USC's 27-6 win. I would say it is open for debate.
spinseeker
Freshman

Re: "It's Clear: USC Still Best Team in Pac-10"

Post by spinseeker »

RanDux wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12306836

Huh???? One conference loss vs. none for Oregon. We've played 2 common opponents so far. Oregon beat Cal 42-3 vs. USC's 30-3 win. Oregon beat WSU 52-6 vs. USC's 27-6 win. I would say it is open for debate.
Absolutely. We had overall better stats as well, plus, the Ducks never even let them into the redzone. USC can't claim that. However, they did it to Cal on the road which is a plus for them. Against WSU at home they scored 20 in the first quarter then let off the gas, presumably in prep for Cal. We scored 21. However, our D was much more dominating in pitching a virtual shutout. USC allowed two field goals? or blocked extra?

Definitely debatable. Buster sports makes the same claim for USC:

http://www.bustersports.com/blog/pac-10 ... id-of-usc/
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....The world will find out on October 31st...NOW WONT THEY? lol....
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I would rather be the underdog! So I say let them talk up USC!
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

WSU defensive player said we were trickier than USC but there is no way were better. Whaaat?!? Ummmm, whatever wsu guy :roll:

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

uodux1212 wrote:WSU defensive player said we were trickier than USC but there is no way were better. Whaaat?!? Ummmm, whatever wsu guy :roll:
Spoken by a guy that isnt bright enuff to realize that our 1st team could have easily put 70-80 points on the board last night.... :lol:
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

uodux1212 wrote:WSU defensive player said we were trickier than USC but there is no way were better. Whaaat?!? Ummmm, whatever wsu guy :roll:
Wulff said we had more speed overall on both sides of the ball though...
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

ducksrock wrote:
Spoken by a guy that isnt bright enuff to realize that our 1st team could have easily put 70-80 points on the board last night.... :lol:

Damn right, +1
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

Over this past offseason I've learned to stop caring what anyone says until gametime. hell, there's still 4 weeks until that game, so how about we get worried about being 6-1 when SC comes to town instead of just the game. 6-1 gets you gameday. 5-2 gets you a 5 minute talk with Holthz and May-Day.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Holtzth and May-Day are too wrapped up arguing the "Claasen is the Heisman Leader, and the Dumbers are in the Hunt for the MNC" BS.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:Over this past offseason I've learned to stop caring what anyone says until gametime. hell, there's still 4 weeks until that game, so how about we get worried about being 6-1 when SC comes to town instead of just the game. 6-1 gets you gameday. 5-2 gets you a 5 minute talk with Holthz and May-Day.
Agreed. And USC Is the top dog until someone says otherwise. Consistently. Until we beat them, I agree it's up for debate but I wouldn't necessarily say we're better than them. But of course I wouldn't say they're better than us either.

Let's get by UCLA and the Huskies, then we'll talk USC.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yep, USC is clearly the best..

This IMO is a better read:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3092

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

I don't have a problem with that statement. USC does have better players, that is a fact. Trickery, scheme, planning, discipline and intangibles can, and often do, win out over talent. I'd like to think that while USC has better players,
Oregon has better schemes......should be good game come Oct. 31st.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Will Petty Petey give the F-U to CK?

IMO, that is the true sign of respect from PC... !
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!