Urban Meyer

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Urban Meyer

Post by Merganzer »

TualatinDuck wrote:My biggest issue, where the apology to Courtney?
This is what Courtney gets:
Merganzer wrote:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Gee, I wonder why there isn't a record asking Urban if he met with Zach or Zach and Courtney in 2009?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

TualatinDuck wrote:My biggest issue, where the apology to Courtney?
Unfortunately it's another statement to the country "it's football first... period". An apology would be interpreted as an admission of guilt.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

What I find curious is OSU's background check on Zach Smith did not ask for arrest records, therefore the aggravated battery of his pregnant wife in 2009 was not reported.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

cant wait til Osu goes into the big house.. Doubt the fans in Mich will be to
kind to him and pretty sure Harbough will stock the fire just a bit..
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan22 wrote:cant wait til Osu goes into the big house.. Doubt the fans in Mich will be to
kind to him and pretty sure Harbough will stock the fire just a bit..

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This is all pretty fucking disgusting. Then again, in this day and age, I guess I should be used to this crap. So glad to be a man, I don't think I could deal with the bullshit women have to put up with.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2018/ ... n-findings

He clearly misspoke and made misstatements but the reasons that happened are complex. Coach Meyer did not, in our view, deliberately lie... Overall, Coach Meyer impressed us with a sincere commitment to the Respect for Women core value that he espouses and tries to instill in his players

One of the most ridiculous summation to anything I've ever seen. What Fortune 500 CEO would still be in his position if he can't help but misspeak? The B o T started this investigation with a time limit, and used it up trying to find a way that would allow them to retain Meyer as head coach and suffer as little blowback as possible.
The "respect for women" is another mystery in this report; where did any of the findings was it demonstrated by Meyer?
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

It is a shame that great men must pay a price but it is the media's fault according to the attorney for Zach Smith. Apparently his Facebook post has since been deleted.

The biggest problem in this OSU matter is the rush to judgment and the erroneous reporting of details by some irresponsible media and the amateur reporting of false information on social media. So, as a lawyer deeply involved in the investigation on behalf of Gene Smith, I am compelled to simply state the facts.

The investigation was commenced to determine 2 issues: did OSU cover-up domestic violence and did Urban lie to the media in furtherance of a cover-up. After an exhaustive investigation that involved 40 witness interviews and thousands of documents, the investigators who were searching for information to enable them to answer these questions yes, answered them both NO.

But to justify the 500k investigation, you have to find something. The facts established that Gene Smith learned fo the 2015 allegations and immediately pulled Urban off the practice field to inform him and ordered the Assistant back to Columbus not to Ohio State but to go directly to the Powell police to answer their questions.

He then discussed the matter with the Title XI Compliance Official and Public Safety liaison and Human Resources and he ordered OSU police and OSU officials to monitor the Powell investigation. No OSU official can interfere in a criminal investigation or take steps to make it appear they are influencing an investigation. Powell concluded there was no evidence to support the allegations and we now know this person made false reports on other ocassions.

But the investigation had to find something so they said Gene and Urban should have reported it to Compliance. Really? Compliance handles NCAA matters not domestic violence.

And try as they might investigators could not find any evidence that Urban lied to anyone. They concede that Urban was confused by the question and thought he was being asked the same thing he was asked the day before when someone suggested Zach Smith had been “arrested” for domestic violence which to this day has never occurred. Despite digging deep, the investigators concluded Urban misspoke and did not lie to anyone.

So, why the sanction? Well, isn’t it obvious? The country was lathered into a frenzy based on erroneous information and a long delay and OSU needed to appease the lynch mob that had formed as soon as the unproven allegations were made.

As a result, two great men fell on the sword for a University they dearly love. And both men faced a room full of reporters and admitted they failed in their duties to better manage and react quicker to a troubled employee even though they had no idea about the information that has since come out about some of the things he may have been doing.

Those are the facts.

Two men who don’t deserve the public flogging but who agreed to take one for the team so this great University can move forward with all of its amazing athletic and academic initiatives. Sorry for the length of this and I am not looking fore debate. Just waned to make sure the facts are straight.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

..." But my check won't bounce, right? Gotcha! I could use a short break!"

Moving on, I am content to ignore this POS organization and concentrate on the Oregon Ducks and the great men leading our team going forward.

May God Bless Us with never having such a steaming pile of garbage in our own back yard!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

nogerO
Senior

Yep

Post by nogerO »

He’s a douche.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I wish someone with money would buy up commercial advertising during osu games and troll the university. With the exception of interim Luke Fickell, haven't all osu coaches since Woody Hayes been fired for cause?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:I wish someone with money would buy up commercial advertising during osu games and troll the university. With the exception of interim Luke Fickell, haven't all osu coaches since Woody Hayes been fired for cause?
Both Earle Bruce (Hayes' successor) and John Cooper (Tressel's predecessor) were fired for not winning enough.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

TualatinDuck wrote:If, and I do mean if, this is all true. Meyer needs to be fired. NCAA lifetime ban, I can not express how strongly I feel about domestic abuse. It's personal for me, but the process must play out. Innocent until proven guilty.

Cudos to The Ohio State for putting him on leave. Now will they do an actual investigation or a cover up.
I’m guessing the later. :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

maxduck wrote:It is a shame that great men must pay a price but it is the media's fault according to the attorney for Zach Smith. Apparently his Facebook post has since been deleted.

The biggest problem in this OSU matter is the rush to judgment and the erroneous reporting of details by some irresponsible media and the amateur reporting of false information on social media. So, as a lawyer deeply involved in the investigation on behalf of Gene Smith, I am compelled to simply state the facts.

The investigation was commenced to determine 2 issues: did OSU cover-up domestic violence and did Urban lie to the media in furtherance of a cover-up. After an exhaustive investigation that involved 40 witness interviews and thousands of documents, the investigators who were searching for information to enable them to answer these questions yes, answered them both NO.

But to justify the 500k investigation, you have to find something. The facts established that Gene Smith learned fo the 2015 allegations and immediately pulled Urban off the practice field to inform him and ordered the Assistant back to Columbus not to Ohio State but to go directly to the Powell police to answer their questions.

He then discussed the matter with the Title XI Compliance Official and Public Safety liaison and Human Resources and he ordered OSU police and OSU officials to monitor the Powell investigation. No OSU official can interfere in a criminal investigation or take steps to make it appear they are influencing an investigation. Powell concluded there was no evidence to support the allegations and we now know this person made false reports on other ocassions.

But the investigation had to find something so they said Gene and Urban should have reported it to Compliance. Really? Compliance handles NCAA matters not domestic violence.

And try as they might investigators could not find any evidence that Urban lied to anyone. They concede that Urban was confused by the question and thought he was being asked the same thing he was asked the day before when someone suggested Zach Smith had been “arrested” for domestic violence which to this day has never occurred. Despite digging deep, the investigators concluded Urban misspoke and did not lie to anyone.

So, why the sanction? Well, isn’t it obvious? The country was lathered into a frenzy based on erroneous information and a long delay and OSU needed to appease the lynch mob that had formed as soon as the unproven allegations were made.

As a result, two great men fell on the sword for a University they dearly love. And both men faced a room full of reporters and admitted they failed in their duties to better manage and react quicker to a troubled employee even though they had no idea about the information that has since come out about some of the things he may have been doing.

Those are the facts.

Two men who don’t deserve the public flogging but who agreed to take one for the team so this great University can move forward with all of its amazing athletic and academic initiatives. Sorry for the length of this and I am not looking fore debate. Just waned to make sure the facts are straight.
Not exactly an impartial source, but that's a pretty compelling post.