wow, this is incredibly....wrong

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: wow, this is incredibly....wrong

Post by Phenom »

Lol...that's not ESPN...we've been punked.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

That's a pretty darn good job on the page & linking. It's scary how much time some people have on their hands. Hope ESPN shuts them down fast.
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

A very well constructed fake then, with this at the bottom of the page:

©2009 ESPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your California Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.

Whoever it is could be in trouble with the university and ESPN then, but yes they are about a month late on coming up with anything "clever"
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I am hoping somebody forwarded it to Bellotti or the President of the University so they could put some quick pressure on either ESPN or the originators. The more I looked at the "game", these guys obviously have issues and are disturbed. They are mental and I can only imagine the harm this causes LGB. Ward is on there too - not by name, but number.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

When you actually look at the demented content of many of the video games out there, it's obvious that there is an element of society who thinks this kind oc junk is acceptable...

A good attorney could make life miserable for the author of this one.

The fact that it is using copyrighted names and images in this manner, plus the direct references to LGB, leaves the guy/guys wide open.

Especially if somebody actually made money in the process,
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

I have received an automated response from ESPN and then this morning one that appeared to be form a real person, letting me know they were forwarding the complaint to the appropriate department....nothing close to an explanation yet...I'll keep you posted.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Some friends of mine who are Beaver fans sent this to me. I asked them if there's an Al Alfalava "running into a bus stop DUI" game or a steal the sheep minigame.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Here is what has happened so far with my complaint:

--------------- Original Complaint ---------------

http://espn.orgfree.com/page2/story/?id=15567821

EA Sports releases 'Rampage', plans other cross-over video games

This article in your "Page 2" section was completely inappropriate! you should not allow columns like this to appear on your site, they only serve to take away from the superb work you do elsewhere in the world of sports news!

Please take this into consideration...this comes from a true fan of your site.

--Jeff

--------------- Response to Original Complaint---------------
To: merayj@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:57:51 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: Unacceptable for a real news outlet! [ ref:00D480H6.50048jzg5:ref ]

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I was unable to resolve the issue due to lack of information. Please reply with more details of the issue you are experiencing. This information will allow us to resolve the issue in a more accurate manner. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 7:00 am and 2:00 am EST.

Regards,

Dan
ESPN.com Customer Care

----- Response to Reply -----

What other information might you possibly need? I provided you with a link to the article and a description of my concerns...please advise.

:lol: seriously how hard is it to understand what I have a problem with?.....oh wait a minute, the website has been taken down.......guess you guys who said it was a fake were right, but I still think ESPN should deal with this stuff!
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

They probably did deal with it by sending a cease and desist.