Sensational Headlines

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Sensational Headlines

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Okay, this type of article is what ticks me off. Sensationalize the headline and make assumptions. The very last sentence basically says "no reports going on right now in LA". Well, duh!!!! So let's just make stuff up. Same thing with Hunt's articles. He's been making comments about Harris's redshirt being burned in his last two articles like it's been confirmed. Not picking on OregonLive, but give me a break gentlemen! That's why I tend to stick with the RG. Moseley doesn't post this kind of crap and I have to say it gets old. Sorry for the rant, but people get wound up enough without being pushed over the edge.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/ducks/2009/1 ... rd_an.html
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Sensational Headlines

Post by woundedknees »

As an alternative, he could have written, "Nothing to see here... Move along!"
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

woundedknees wrote:As an alternative, he could have written, "Nothing to see here... Move along!"
That would be better or God forbid, don't post anything until you actually have something to say. I understand the need for people to click on your stories and hence keeping your job, but it gets annoying!!

I can imagine Chip gets tired of these guys.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I imagine Ck's 2 favorite answers, "Yes", and more frequently, "No", are pretty frustrating for reporters.

My favorite? "Absolutely"

Uses more copy space... And it's ambidextrous!

Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Okay, this type of article is what ticks me off. Sensationalize the headline and make assumptions. The very last sentence basically says "no reports going on right now in LA". Well, duh!!!! So let's just make stuff up. Same thing with Hunt's articles. He's been making comments about Harris's redshirt being burned in his last two articles like it's been confirmed. Not picking on OregonLive, but give me a break gentlemen! That's why I tend to stick with the RG. Moseley doesn't post this kind of crap and I have to say it gets old. Sorry for the rant, but people get wound up enough without being pushed over the edge.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/ducks/2009/1 ... rd_an.html
I agree. For some of these guys if they don't get the answers they want for a story they add their little stir it up comments.
Moseley is the best locally, I also like Ted Miiller nationally. I think he gives the Ducks and the pac 10 a fair shake. Clownzano is the worst, he really should be working for a tabloid
Last edited by Bigducker on Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

In some ways the Oregonian has become a tabloid.
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

I agree on all counts listed above.
DucksCussion
One Star Recruit

Post by DucksCussion »

I would only point out that Bob Rickert is an unpaid blogger. He's reckless, irresponsible and a poor writer, and that's because he's nothing but just another Joe Fan, like you and me. This is the guy that played the "n-word" card regarding Byron Hout when he had no information whatsoever.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

DucksCussion wrote:I would only point out that Bob Rickert is an unpaid blogger. He's reckless, irresponsible and a poor writer, and that's because he's nothing but just another Joe Fan, like you and me. This is the guy that played the "n-word" card regarding Byron Hout when he had no information whatsoever.
That's pretty scary if you really think about it.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

ya that was pointless
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I understand DSN reports all things Ducks, but I need to take a double look to see the source of the "headline" so I make sure I don't click on anything OLive - especially with the name Clownzano attached to it.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Portland's "Oregonian" is quickly becoming America's West Coast version of (Great Britain's own) "The Sun"...

Gotta love those glittering generalities.

uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

O-Live is a vile place... only trumped by the comments section in the Ducks and beavers blogs... VILE I SAY!

:lol:

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK