Lamichael's mom....

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

goyellowgreen
Two Star Recruit

Lamichael's mom....

Post by goyellowgreen »

i'm sure some of you have seen this?

http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index ... ick-study/

it totally makes my heart hurt that she hasn't been able to come see her baby play!!! it's just wrong on so many levels!!!
wouldn't you think there's SOMETHING that we fans could privately do that wouldn't violate any NCAA regulations??? i'm so sad for her! :(
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Lamichael's mom....

Post by woundedknees »

Not much... NCAA regultions are anal that way.

Just because Reggie Bush's parents get to move into a posh home in orfer to be close to their son, doesn't mean a Duck player's Mom can get to fly out to a game on somebody else's ticket.

If that were possible, there woukdn't be much reason for parents to try to keep their little boys close to home, now would there?

This is one of those nasty little 'extra benefit' rules.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It's to bad that she can't make it out to Eugene. But on the bright side, if LMJ plays the way he has been playing, and puts on 15-20 over the next 4 years, I'm sure he will be able to fly here to a bunch of games and buy her a house.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Why couldn't fans raise money for a plane/hotel ticket?
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

I sure wish we could, but I'm sure it would be a violation. Put it this way...would you do it for any other sport? Or student?

Hopefully, she knows someone who gets the games at all times. The nice thing about watching TV nowadays, is there's almost always a channel with all the games on.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Perhaps this will shed some light on the subject:

http://www.ducksattack.com/forum/viewto ... f=5&t=3157

EXTRA BENEFITS are any special arrangements
by an institutional employee or booster to provide
a currently enrolled student-athlete or prospect,
or their parents and relatives, a benefit not
expressly authorized by the NCAA or which is not
available to all students in general.
Boosters shall
not offer, provide or arrange financial assistance,
directly or indirectly, to pay (in whole or in part)
the cost of the prospect's educational or other
expenses other than summer employment

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

What if everybody on this board just gave me money for the hell of it or I just did it out my own pocket and I decided to give my friend (LMJ's mom) a birthday/anniversary/what have you gift, how would/could the NCAA see that as a violation? I am sure there is a easy way around it. There is nothing gained by the University by having a players family member attend a game and the university is not paying for it in any way, besides some university's can get away with actual violations (USC with Reggie Bush/OJ Mayo).
bmxryder507
Two Star Recruit

Post by bmxryder507 »

From reading your post wounded, if It was someone who was not involved with the uo and hasnt donated to the DAF they would be ok to provide her with a plane ticket??? Im pretty sure my 3yo son hasnt given them any money?
goyellowgreen
Two Star Recruit

Post by goyellowgreen »

Gofightingducks and BMX, i like the way you think!!! this is what i was wondering...as long as we are not DAF donors, we are in NO WAY affiliated with the program, right??
i am unemployed right now, but i could definitely find some $$ to contribute to this!!

even if she's been watching every game by satellite or whatever, we all know it's no substitute for being there in the stands cheering her boy on!! can we make this happen???
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I feel for her plight. Compassion is a wonderful thing, but I would make darn sure you are right by checking with someone in a position of authority before you do it.

If the NCAA chooses to take issue with it, it could cost the player eligibility, and the University some form of sanctions. Usually, if that happens, you, the helpful one, will also receive sanctions of some kind, such as being suspended from attendance at the games.

I'm not trying to be a know it all here, but look before you leap.

razduck12
Two Star Recruit

Post by razduck12 »

This is my suggestion....

I have season tickets indirectly through my aunt in law through a friend of hers. I am not a DAF member, if somebody on here is a lawyer and wanted to check with the Ducks and the NCAA to fully clear my idea to make sure its not a violation...... I would buy a ticket for his mom using my air miles.

If anybody is up for it Im game...
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

She could sell a little piece of yarn(maybe pink, and even have her tie it in a bow so it looks legit) for $5 online, and 100 of us could each buy a piece so everything is on the up and up. :lol: Then none of us are technically giving her money.

Then we have her buy her ticket from a well placed C4Q "scalper", who sells her the ticket for the price of a beer.
goyellowgreen
Two Star Recruit

Post by goyellowgreen »

i talked to a (sports business major) student who is pretty close to the team....he gave me Bellotti's contact info, if anyone more eloquent than I would like to give him a call monday, i can pm you the digits!

let's do this!! :)
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Every suggestion mentioned so far is an NCAA violation.

Why don't you guys focus on getting Quizz and James Rodgers mom a ticket if you want to screw someones eligibility over. (I'm joking, don't really do that either.)

Really you guys need to let this go.