Portland Trail Blazers 2018/19

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Portland Trail Blazers 2018/19 Thread.

Post by Merganzer »

OKC comes out hot leads by as much as 12, CJ gets 3 fouls, only plays 9 minutes, Lillard misses two free throws..., but that's about all he missed: 12-18, 6-9 3's, 4-6 FT's, 34 points. Not bad that George also has 3 fouls. Blazers 61-60 at halftime.
Last edited by Merganzer on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

AMAZING!!!!! 3 from Lillard goes through the net exactly as time runs out, 50 for Lillard. Blazers down by 15 with 7 minutes left, Final Blazers 118-115. When Nurkic showed up on the Blazers bench at the end of the 4th quarter, the Blazers went on a 13-2 run.
Last edited by Merganzer on Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Holy Crap, LILLARD!!! FTW!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Lillard with the cold-blooded, step-back 30 footer over Paul George to win the series for the Blazers. Dame finished with 50 points in an absolutely masterful offensive performance tonight.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

WOW WHAT A SHOT!! Capped off a great night for him, great comeback
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Incredible performance by Lillard, big time effort by Kanter. Aminu had some big 3's, and Curry, the shot that put the Blazers on top for the first time, and a big steal in the 4th quarter. Lillard's 50 is now the record for a Blazer in a playoff game.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Lebron tweeted a picture of a watch
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

That was amazing. I don't know how they won that game; they looked terrible at the end of the third quarter, and Lillard was taking awful shots, and then suddenly with about 3 minutes left, it was like they all realized the game was almost over, so they started playing seriously. What an end to a game. That shot was unbelievable. The shot by McCollum was almost as good. And Harkless making those free throws while George missed them was so huge. What a comeback!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

37’ stake through the heart. Buh-bye OKC. Dame time.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Down 15 with 7-8 minutes to go and unable to stop OKC (namely, Paul George who killed Portland during the regular season) at the defensive end, I had already settled on this going to 6 games. The comeback had absolutely everything you want. It had contributions from role players. Marquee defensive plays. Big shots by your best players (CJ's bank shot and jumper were clutch). And then an all-timer by a Blazers all-timer. Wow.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

StevensTechU wrote:Down 15 with 7-8 minutes to go and unable to stop OKC (namely, Paul George who killed Portland during the regular season) at the defensive end, I had already settled on this going to 6 games. The comeback had absolutely everything you want. It had contributions from role players. Marquee defensive plays. Big shots by your best players (CJ's bank shot and jumper were clutch). And then an all-timer by a Blazers all-timer. Wow.
Kinda wonder why he didn’t get a bit closer? If he missed I bet the coach would have been asking him about it. It was definitely at the limit of his jump shooting ability though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Down 15 with 7-8 minutes to go and unable to stop OKC (namely, Paul George who killed Portland during the regular season) at the defensive end, I had already settled on this going to 6 games. The comeback had absolutely everything you want. It had contributions from role players. Marquee defensive plays. Big shots by your best players (CJ's bank shot and jumper were clutch). And then an all-timer by a Blazers all-timer. Wow.
Kinda wonder why he didn’t get a bit closer? If he missed I bet the coach would have been asking him about it. It was definitely at the limit of his jump shooting ability though.

Because he's shooting better than 50% from beyond 30 feet in the series. He was 4/6 in that game alone from beyond 30.

With the situation being what it was and coming back from down 15, you want that final shot to be the last play whether it goes in or not so that at worst you go into OT and at best you create a stream of Meme's all night long.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Duck07 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:

Because he's shooting better than 50% from beyond 30 feet in the series. He was 4/6 in that game alone from beyond 30.

With the situation being what it was and coming back from down 15, you want that final shot to be the last play whether it goes in or not so that at worst you go into OT and at best you create a stream of Meme's all night long.

Kind of my thought as well. Dame was ready to shut them up and shut them down with one shot, after all of their BS antics and trash talking. It was a huge proverbial middle finger, and it was GLORIOUS.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duckduckgoose wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Paul George was guarding him and I think dame figured George didn't think he would shoot it that far out so he pulled the trigger.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine