San Diego @ Oregon (Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Re: San Diego @ Oregon (Wed 7 PM Pac-12 Networks)

Post by mattc94 »

The refs are against us.

The announcers are against us.

Am I missing something here?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Amin being a great pest on defense.

Offensively we have to get someone going.
Last edited by GrantDuck on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

mattc94 wrote:The refs are against us.

The announcers are against us.

Am I missing something here?
Mute the announcers. Seriously. So much easier to understand the game without their nonsense.
Last edited by Tray Dub on Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Gross. When is this team going to turn the corner and be able to score the ball?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

This team is fundamentally a collection of talents with no collective identity, no built-up understanding of how to play together. The only question is how long it takes for them to develop chemistry. All we know right now is that as of December 12th, it hasn't happened yet. Not that we can't win tonight, just that if we do it will because individual guys did stuff, not that we played good team basketball.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

The offense is lousey.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Defense and crowd getting us going a little bit. Have to keep up this level of intensity.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

That level of defense the last 5 minutes is what we're going to need to win games this year.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Defense in the second ten minutes was awesome. Amin especially. The team offense is lousy like mattc said, the off-ball movement is honestly so bad it makes me laugh sometimes, but since we have a bunch of talented scorers we made enough plays to stay with them. USD is a smart, well-coached team, so we'll need to ball out to overcome their superior experience and chemistry.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Great way to end the half. I swear though, Sabrina Ioenescu is the best overall basketball player at UO right now. I'd rather watch her than Altman's group 90% of the time.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:Defense in the second ten minutes was awesome. Amin especially. The team offense is lousy like mattc said, the off-ball movement is honestly so bad it makes me laugh sometimes, but since we have a bunch of talented scorers we made enough plays to stay with them. USD is a smart, well-coached team, so we'll need to ball out to overcome their superior experience and chemistry.
Maybe we can borrow Ernie Kent to yell MOVE! MOVE! at these kids for a few games. More hard cuts without the ball are really lacking.

Should show them some old M. Jordan tapes and see how to play without the ball and how it gets you buckets.
Last edited by GrantDuck on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

mattc94 wrote:Great way to end the half. I swear though, Sabrina Ioenescu is the best overall basketball player at UO right now. I'd rather watch her than Altman's group 90% of the time.
I mean, in terms of how well she plays the game, she's better than almost anyone in college basketball period. In terms of who would win one-on-one, she'd probably lose to every scholarship player on the team. But saying she's a better pure ball player as if it's some kind of big statement isn't paying her her due respect imo. She's an all-time great for UO basketball for either gender.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

GrantDuck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:Defense in the second ten minutes was awesome. Amin especially. The team offense is lousy like mattc said, the off-ball movement is honestly so bad it makes me laugh sometimes, but since we have a bunch of talented scorers we made enough plays to stay with them. USD is a smart, well-coached team, so we'll need to ball out to overcome their superior experience and chemistry.
Maybe we can borrow Ernie Kent to yell MOVE! MOVE! at these kids for a few games. More hard cuts without the ball are really lacking.
Haha honestly. I feel like I heard Dana using his sternest voice to yell at guys to do something a few times. When you compare what we do off-ball versus what USD does, the chasm is just enormous.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

2nd half...keep the D intensity high and rebound and we will win.

On offense, see if we can't get PP some open looks.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Wooten needs to work on his footwork badly. I'm hoping he follows the Jordan Bell trajectory.