Championship: #1 UW vs #6 Oregon (Saturday 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: Championship: #1 UW vs #6 Oregon (Saturday 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by Phalanx »

Merganzer wrote:Also made it on to Lunardi's Board: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

Belmont
Texas
Indiana
Oregon
I don't know why I find this funny. All of a sudden, two different sites admit that Oregon exists. Was it really because of beating Arizona State a second time in the wee hours of the morning on the East Coast? Funny how Lunardi skips Oregon over at least four teams who until today were all more deserving in his mind. It's almost like he got a memo from on high about it. Maybe he read the Yahoo article. :lol:
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I wonder how King's ankle is feeling?
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I'm so excited: I found the first article where Oregon is mentioned under 'next four out'.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-tournamen ... 06569.html
OREGON (22-12, 10-8, NET 56, KenPom 49)

Q1: 2-5

Q2: 4-4

Best wins: Syracuse, at Washington, Arizona State (2), at Arizona

Q3, Q4 losses: 3 (Oregon State, UCLA, Texas Southern)

Oregon fans hoping that reaching the Pac-12 title game will be enough to snag an at-large bid are going to be disappointed. The Ducks need to beat top-seeded Washington on Saturday night to make the NCAA tournament. While Oregon boasts a pair of wins over Arizona State and single victories over Syracuse and Washington, the Ducks are still just 2-5 in Quadrant 1 games and 4-4 in Quadrant 2. Home losses to UCLA and Oregon State hurt, as does one to Texas Southern. In most years, a team lands an NCAA bid if it wins 10 Pac-12 games and reaches the conference tournament title game. In one of the weakest Pac-12s in recent memory, however, that’s an NIT resume.
It was nice: the author wrote a whole paragraph on how the ducks aren't worthy. Usually it's just Washington and ASU and crickets. Somebody noticed us!
:lol: Well...I'm sure Dana is going to be explaining the only way in, is to open the damn door yourself tonight...

On a related note, I still cant believe Bobby Hurley said that ASU was already in, before playing Oregon....Christ, I hope he is wrong....
As awful as it is to hear that from Hurl-ey. The really sad part is that he's probably right. ASU is getting a lot of credit for beating Kansas, who right now is being drubbed by Iowa State in the Big 12 Final.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

gogreen55 wrote:I wonder how King's ankle is feeling?
I read somewhere on Oregonlive that someone saw him in a boot this morning...Hopefully that was precautionary and he gives it a go today. The GRIT he showed yesterday after the sprain tells me he's going to play...By the way, King going nuts right after the injury? How cool was that?!
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

bigsugarduck wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:I wonder how King's ankle is feeling?
I read somewhere on Oregonlive that someone saw him in a boot this morning...Hopefully that was precautionary and he gives it a go today. The GRIT he showed yesterday after the sprain tells me he's going to play...By the way, King going nuts right after the injury? How cool was that?!
This is the make or break game for the season, win your in, control your lien destiny bla bla bla. Point being if there is any way on earth he can play he will. If he sits then we will know it’s really bad.
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

Lou King will start tonight. Just heard it on Pac12 Networks.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

King looking okay so far, hit a nice 3.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Ticky tack foul on Pritchard.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

Apparently you can't steal the ball.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

It's early....but Oregon getting no calls...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Nice job by the Refs, calling that push off on Nowell.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Ducks really active on defense, missed one switch early inside,
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

So far, Walton has compared Pritchard to Zion Williamson & John Stockton.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

I thought that ball on the alley-oop hit the Washington guy right before it went out. Did I miss something?
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Man it's frustrating to watch Wooten jump into the backboard mult times per game...the dude needs to work on the spatial awareness....