NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by thebootfitter »

This is an interesting tidbit. NDSU QB Trey Lance being mentioned along with Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields. I wouldn't read too much into it except that Trey is legit and turning some heads for sure.

https://twitter.com/TitansTape/status/1 ... 26752?s=09

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

From Bisonville, confirming what we heard about ticket sales and the sell-out:
11,000 tickets requested by Bison Nation. Only 3k to go around.
I’m sure come June 10th, the OU online ticket website will crash.
Section 131 is topping out at $285 right now at stubhub. You can still get a few just under $100 in sec 24, upper deck corner.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Bison fans want to get motels, flights and trains booked causing an early run on tickets for the big game. I don’t know if there is an active market in the parking lots before the game. I do expect higher prices right now, maybe some moderating after the University of Oregon opens the ticket office.

Looks like there are going to be a lot of Bison fans in town for Oregon's big game with State.

Anything worth doing there? Food, wine, beer, tourist attractions etc.

Is Oregon a free state or is that just Washington?

Go Bison!!!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Ticket prices will drop. Bison fans may care about this game but the average fan will have sights set on Ohio State, for better or worse. I'd expect to see tickets for 40-50 leading up to the game and maybe lower. Usually, you can nab tickets for about 20 bucks when we have played (albeit lower) FCS teams.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

That would be nice. I’m thinking they will drop too. People want their tickets now because you need to make travel arrangements now. Would be nice if the Ohio State tickets would moderate a bit. 2 great games for the price of a week in Oregon.

Of course on average if one is $20 and the other $300 it’s only $160/game/person.

For other big games like Kansas State and Iowa the prices didn’t moderate and the games ended up with some pretty steep prices. Those stadiums are a lot closer to the Bison fan base which helped. Travel costs were low. High travel costs and high ticket prices might cool some enthusiasm.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Just saw a pic of the stadium. Is it true there is only 1 video board

thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

I got my tickets!

I'll still scout around for better seats at lower prices, but at least I'm guaranteed entrance to the game.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Lakesbison
One Star Recruit

Post by Lakesbison »

oh man JBB is here? hmmmm

well oregon. I was at NDSU basketball game last week and talked to QB Trey Lance & WR phoenix sporles. Scouting and Gameplanning Oregon has already begun. no stone will be left unturned.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Lakesbison wrote:oh man JBB is here? hmmmm

well oregon. I was at NDSU basketball game last week and talked to QB Trey Lance & WR phoenix sporles. Scouting and Gameplanning Oregon has already begun. no stone will be left unturned.
Pretty common for all teams to game plan at this time of year. Especially for important games.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

JBB wrote:Just saw a pic of the stadium. Is it true there is only 1 video board

Yes, in that picture... :lol: How many you got in nordafukinkota?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

JBB wrote:Bison fans want to get motels, flights and trains booked causing an early run on tickets for the big game. I don’t know if there is an active market in the parking lots before the game. I do expect higher prices right now, maybe some moderating after the University of Oregon opens the ticket office.

Looks like there are going to be a lot of Bison fans in town for Oregon's big game with State.

Anything worth doing there? Food, wine, beer, tourist attractions etc.

Is Oregon a free state or is that just Washington?

Go Bison!!!
Nope, nothing worth doing here. That's why people live in nordafukinkota...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

:lol:

Kansas State and the home town businesses were so stupid they didn’t open most of the downtown Manhattan bars and restaurants before that big game. They lost a ton of money and the game. A few smart ones did great business and enjoyed a full house.

Nice that Oregon and Eugene have all the business they can handle. :shock:

Here is the latest from NDSUs most respected expert on attendance and other related matters:
Bisonville Hall of Fame. Join Date. Feb 2014. Posts 11,778

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks

I'll try again here:

Jeff & Jeremy 1660am predicts around 7000-10,000 NDSU fans in Oregon. They cited since it's not a car drive like iowa state k state iowa frisco..

I say.. what about west coast NDSU fans? does Arizona/Denver fans have direct flights up there?

I still think there's gonna be more
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

ncduck wrote:

Pretty common for all teams to game plan at this time of year. Especially for important games.
The BISON coaching staff definitely started game planning before Oregon. No doubt about that especially if this is the time Oregon normally starts. 8-)
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

JBB wrote:
ncduck wrote:

The BISON coaching staff definitely started game planning before Oregon. No doubt about that especially if this is the time Oregon normally starts. 8-)
I didn’t say when Oregon starts game planning. You’re full of crap if you think it will make any difference who started planning first. What can they possibly be planning on with any seriousness until they see Oregon’s Spring game? You don’t know who will be the QB or the strengths of the eventual QB. You don’t know how the new offense will utilize the current personnel. You don’t know if any freshman will be immediate contributors and you have no clue about breakout players.

You can try to prep to face a top 5 defense. ESPN grades Oregon as having the second best D. Wait until we see if adding two of the best LB’s coming out of high school makes it any better. Maybe the flail and Oregon goes with other players.

Point is you can start game planning now, but you only know 40% of what you’re going to face. So take pride in your coaching staff’s amazing ability to waste their time!
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

I can imagine North Dakotans taking any chance they can to get out of North Dakota!