NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by Merganzer »

JBB wrote:I’m not concerned about that Duck58. I don’t speak for the Bison. If Oregon were to overlook the Bison you or anyone else could hardly consider them a top 10 team on the playoff bubble. The Ducks should play their best. I am looking at the GAM though and the predicted results are pretty startling. We have been working on it all spring. It’s just got to be wrong but on the other hand NDSU is loaded. They have 3 or 4 players considered the best in the FCS so far and they are maybe half through with the FCS “Jersey Count-Down”

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-202 ... ayers-bzbz

Great podcast linked below. It’s mostly about Pac12, Ohio @ Oregon, NDSU @ Oregon and a subject I Find interesting: Should teams forfeit if they aren’t able to play?

I think they should. If NDSU is ready, willing and able to play and Oregon can’t or won’t it should be an Oregon forfeit and whatever remedy for non performance there is should have to be paid to NDSU. An Oregon forfeit would count as win #38 for the Bison.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football/nor ... eek-1-ahah
And Bison fans would party all night, celebrating their forfeit win!!!
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Merganzer wrote:
JBB wrote:I’m not concerned about that Duck58. I don’t speak for the Bison. If Oregon were to overlook the Bison you or anyone else could hardly consider them a top 10 team on the playoff bubble. The Ducks should play their best. I am looking at the GAM though and the predicted results are pretty startling. We have been working on it all spring. It’s just got to be wrong but on the other hand NDSU is loaded. They have 3 or 4 players considered the best in the FCS so far and they are maybe half through with the FCS “Jersey Count-Down”

Great podcast linked below. It’s mostly about Pac12, Ohio @ Oregon, NDSU @ Oregon and a subject I Find interesting: Should teams forfeit if they aren’t able to play?

I think they should. If NDSU is ready, willing and able to play and Oregon can’t or won’t it should be an Oregon forfeit and whatever remedy for non performance there is should have to be paid to NDSU. An Oregon forfeit would count as win #38 for the Bison.

Kinda like a Husky National Championship ;)
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

duck55 wrote:
Merganzer wrote:

Kinda like a Husky National Championship ;)
Unless the entire season is cancelled the game will be played and the Bison won't be able celebrate a forfeit win.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Sure hope your right duck58. I don’t think Bison fans would celebrate a forfeit. It would be a bad look for the Ducks and The State too.

I also think the game would get the dreaded asterisk to indicate the forfeit. The streak would go on but most would at least in their own minds keep the count at 37.

The beauty for Oregon is Ohio State the following week. A loss to NDSU and a win against the Buckeyes would be a powerful statement for Oregon and The Bison.

I think it’s pretty clear if one team is ready and the other is not it’s a forfeit.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Lol. Solid research on an article from 2 years ago when Oregon was still rebuilding their team. They are a much different, deeper team than they were then. I don’t know why I’m engaging. You’ve clearly gone into full troll mode. We’ll see what happens when the game gets played.
No. Not trolling. The fact the game has been getting hyped for 5 years is the take you want. not the sensitive victim take. Besides it’s a fun article. The Bison are better now. My posts really don’t require any comment at all. Consider them columns with room for comments. It’s all good my friend.

It’s a fun read certainly a legit part of the game lore. I’m trying to bring content to the board about this game and about the Bison.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

JBB wrote:Sure hope your right duck58. I don’t think Bison fans would celebrate a forfeit. It would be a bad look for the Ducks and The State too.

I also think the game would get the dreaded asterisk to indicate the forfeit. The streak would go on but most would at least in their own minds keep the count at 37.

The beauty for Oregon is Ohio State the following week. A loss to NDSU and a win against the Buckeyes would be a powerful statement for Oregon and The Bison.

I think it’s pretty clear if one team is ready and the other is not it’s a forfeit.
This is such a hilarious reach. Sad, very sad.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
JBB wrote:Sure hope your right duck58. I don’t think Bison fans would celebrate a forfeit. It would be a bad look for the Ducks and The State too.

This is such a hilarious reach. Sad, very sad.
Dude has to be trolling.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

Hers a definition of forfeit that makes my point. Neglect of duty. are key words.
Definition of forfeit (Entry 1 of 3)
1 : something forfeited or subject to being forfeited (as for a crime, offense, or neglect of duty) : PENALTY
The non-performing party will have to pay because they entered into one of these
Definition of contract (Entry 1 of 3)
1a : a binding agreement between two or more persons or parties
especially : one legally enforceable
If he breaks the contract, he'll be sued.
b : a business arrangement for the supply of goods or services at a fixed price
make parts on contract
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I’ll bite JBB....... why specifically would the Ducks have to forfeit the game, what is a scenario or two to give the Bisons a win by forfeit?
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

What I was thinking Alan was no force majeure if The Bison are ready willing and able to play and Oregon remains shut down. It would be a forfeit handled like any other forfeit. I suspect in case of forfeit there is some sort of contractual financial recompense?

Getting back to The Bison and the issue of competitiveness it might be of interest to know there are 7 Bison on the all-conference pre-season 2020 Missouri Valley Football Conference team: The entire offensive line, Trey Lance, a defensive line man, a linebacker and a cornerback. I didn’t see the second team

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-202 ... rence-bzbz
Matt Entz boasts 14 returning starters, twice as many as he had going into last season. Quarterback Trey Lance, who accounted for 3,886 yards of total offense and 42 touchdowns while becoming the first freshman to receive the Walter Payton Award, directs an offense that overflows with weapons, including running backs Adam Cofield and Kobe Johnson and wide receiver Christian Watson. Linebacker Jackson Hankey and strong safety Michael Tutsie (seven interceptions) ranked 1-2 in tackles, but linebacker Jabril Cox’s grad transfer to LSU has cost the defense its top player.
A look st the FCS top 29

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... op-25-2020
1. North Dakota State

(16-0, 8-0 Missouri Valley)
Which Bison streak will continue in 2020? The nine straight Missouri Valley titles? Six wins in a row against FBS opponents (they open at Oregon)? The three-peat as national champion? If you say all of the streaks will grow, you aren’t alone. The FCS dynasty is again the odds-on favorite in the subdivision after going 137-13 and winning a record eight national titles in the 2010s. Second-year coach Matt Entz boasts 14 returning starters, twice as many as he had going into last season. Quarterback Trey Lance, who accounted for 3,886 yards of total offense and 42 touchdowns while becoming the first freshman to receive the Walter Payton Award, directs an offense that overflows with weapons, including running backs Adam Cofield and Kobe Johnson and wide receiver Christian Watson. Linebacker Jackson Hankey and strong safety Michael Tutsie (seven interceptions) ranked 1-2 in tackles, but linebacker Jabril Cox’s grad transfer to LSU has cost the defense its top player.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

JBB wrote:What I was thinking Alan was no force majeure if The Bison are ready willing and able to play and Oregon remains shut down. It would be a forfeit handled like any other forfeit. I suspect in case of forfeit there is some sort of contractual financial recompense?

Getting back to The Bison and the issue of competitiveness it might be of interest to know there are 7 Bison on the all-conference pre-season 2020 Missouri Valley Football Conference team: The entire offensive line, Trey Lance, a defensive line man, a linebacker and a cornerback. I didn’t see the second team

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-202 ... rence-bzbz
Matt Entz boasts 14 returning starters, twice as many as he had going into last season. Quarterback Trey Lance, who accounted for 3,886 yards of total offense and 42 touchdowns while becoming the first freshman to receive the Walter Payton Award, directs an offense that overflows with weapons, including running backs Adam Cofield and Kobe Johnson and wide receiver Christian Watson. Linebacker Jackson Hankey and strong safety Michael Tutsie (seven interceptions) ranked 1-2 in tackles, but linebacker Jabril Cox’s grad transfer to LSU has cost the defense its top player.
A look st the FCS top 29

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... op-25-2020
1. North Dakota State

(16-0, 8-0 Missouri Valley)
Which Bison streak will continue in 2020? The nine straight Missouri Valley titles? Six wins in a row against FBS opponents (they open at Oregon)? The three-peat as national champion? If you say all of the streaks will grow, you aren’t alone. The FCS dynasty is again the odds-on favorite in the subdivision after going 137-13 and winning a record eight national titles in the 2010s. Second-year coach Matt Entz boasts 14 returning starters, twice as many as he had going into last season. Quarterback Trey Lance, who accounted for 3,886 yards of total offense and 42 touchdowns while becoming the first freshman to receive the Walter Payton Award, directs an offense that overflows with weapons, including running backs Adam Cofield and Kobe Johnson and wide receiver Christian Watson. Linebacker Jackson Hankey and strong safety Michael Tutsie (seven interceptions) ranked 1-2 in tackles, but linebacker Jabril Cox’s grad transfer to LSU has cost the defense its top player.
Well, that's scary.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Oregon is not going to remain shutdown. "..... Six wins in a row against FBS opponents(they open at Oregon)? :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

JBB wrote:Hers a definition of forfeit that makes my point. Neglect of duty. are key words.
1 : something forfeited or subject to being forfeited (as for a crime, offense, or neglect of duty) : PENALTY
The non-performing party will have to pay because they entered into one of these
make parts on contract
Coronavirus kinda negates most things. So my non-refundable trip to Hawaii, all refunded. Because of corona.

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
JBB wrote:Hers a definition of forfeit that makes my point. Neglect of duty. are key words.
make parts on contract
Coronavirus kinda negates most things. So my non-refundable trip to Hawaii, all refunded. Because of corona.
A delay in my reply but that was what I was fishing for with JBB. Games get canceled or postponed because of extreme weather conditions, hurricanes, or health concerns, air quality........... do you really think they will hand a win to the Bisons because of Corona? News flash! They canceled both men’s and women’s NCAA tournaments........... no forfeits, lol.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Alan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
make parts on contract
A delay in my reply but that was what I was fishing for with JBB. Games get canceled or postponed because of extreme weather conditions, hurricanes, or health concerns, air quality........... do you really think they will hand a win to the Bisons because of Corona? News flash! They canceled both men’s and women’s NCAA tournaments........... no forfeits, lol.
Exactly. But maybe JBB is just looking for the only way the Bison could possibly win this game. :P ;)