Cal @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 5, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Cal @ #13 Oregon (Oct. 5, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Nice to see some official acknowledgment of the addition of Devon Williams. He's still not listed on the GoDucks.com football roster as I post this.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Greenblood wrote:The strength of Cal's defense (like the Ducks') is its pass defense; its rush defense, statistically anyway, is pretty average to mediocre thus far. This might be a good week for the Ducks' rushing attack to "get well." I'm really hoping to see the Ducks, coming off their bye week and CMC clearly seeming to be focused on improving that part of the Ducks' offense, push 200 yards rushing this week.
So what you're saying is we can look forward to 1st down-run up the gut, 2nd down-run up the gut, 3rd and long pass complete but short of the first down marker. 4th down-punt. By Gawd we're gonna run the damn ball until we can... :lol:
On the flip side I hope we can gain 4,5,6 yards per rush to set up play action and get the returning wr's involved..

Oregon 28, Kal 14.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Given Oregon's inability to actually run the ball effectively I think Cal will take away the possibility of receivers getting big plays. Score will be closer than what people think. I would say 35-24 or something or 28-17. Oregon continues to struggle running the ball effectively. Far to predictable when they do.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

The students are back....should be a pretty lively Autzen as weather looks solid and that combined with Modster means our defense will win their side of the ball. On offense I’d love to see a little more consistency from Lemieux and Warmack...both have been good but a few misses here and there have stalled things. Oh, and is Pittman ready to live up to the hype?

Ducks 38-Kal 9
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I would say 35-24 or something...
I'll take the win any which way they can get it, but I would still be disappointed with the defense if they gave up 24 points at home to Cal's backup QB (if the Ducks allow a special teams score or set them up with turnovers, that obviously changes things). I know Cal has talent on offense, but even with their starting QB they haven't scored above 28 points this season. Three of their five games they have scored below 24, including both Pac-12 games. Odds are the Ducks' string of no touchdowns allowed will come to an end, but overall I would hope this game is a struggle for the Cal offense, particularly in the red zone.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

As long as we don’t make careless mistakes and hand Cal points There is no way they score more then 10...Their offense was bad with Garbers, Defense scores this game. Oregon 34 Cal 6 and on to Colorado.
Return Of the Quack!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I'd like to think we hold them out of the endzone, but reminding myself of games like Wisconsin vs. Northwestern last week, sometimes bad offense vs. really good defense still amounts to some points.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This will be the week when Verdell and Dye suddenly become able to make quick decisions when running up the gut through a mass of linemen!

No, just kidding. I boldly predict more of the same as we plod toward our eventual loss at UW. Because why learn to discover new strengths and optimal strategies when we can just do what we do for the sake of doing it?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

The Ducks will be wearing this absolutely gorgeous yellow/dark green/yellow combo this weekend:
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

That combo looks ugly in that pic.