USC/OSU

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

USC/OSU

Post by gofightingducks »

I am surprised the Beavers are hanging with USC at the Coliseum. Oregon should be able to handle USC at home.
ducksrock
Senior

Re: USC/OSU

Post by ducksrock »

SC's defense has so many holes in it, it isnt funny....OSU is looking fairly solid tonight, but with the lack of D, its no wonder...
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

USC's defense has looked terrible. If Oregon plays defense next week like they have so far, they will win.
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

OSU seems to be having a lot of luck passing to their tight end, Ed Dickson should have a field day next weekend
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Back and forth battle WOW 42-36 who would have thought.
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

I'm impressed with the resilience of OSU, gotta love seeing Pete Carrol with that scared look in his eyes.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Yeah, Oregon State fought hard. Other than maybe Arizona State, Oregon has tough games remaining.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Craig James, the announcer of this game is such a USC homer. "Don't discredit the wins against Ohio State and Notre Dame". "Who cares if they escaped this week?" He failed to mention that they lost to Washington. Didn't he have Oregon ranked fairly low in his poll?
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

duckgrad99 wrote:Yeah, Oregon State fought hard. Other than maybe Arizona State, Oregon has tough games remaining.
I dont see either of these teams (SC or OSU) bein able to hang with us...Our D looks immensely better than SC's and our offense looks much more potent than either of theirs....One Game at a Time...Win the Day......
Big game this next week Duck fans....
Stanford should be a fun game..Hell, all of em are...lol

GOOOOOOO DUCKS
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

I think the big key for us next week will be discipline. We need to continue to focus on keeping things in front of us and dictate the tempo. Oregon State to me got burned when it got too agressive and lost containment. Bad pass rushes allowing the QB to escape right. If we can keep those nice contain packages and zone blitzing we had in place, we will be in good shape, esepecially if we can hold their o line in place and create some penetration. OSU got killed on the run.

USC's defense did look beatable. We won those 1v1 matchups on the outside consistently, if we can keep that up we will be in great shape.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

USC's defense looks very beatable and Barkley forced a number of passes in coverage that were begging to be picked off. If Oregon brings their A game I really like the ducks chances in this game. No stupid turnovers next week please!
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

USC is very beatable. After watching them tonight, I have to give us the slight edge going into this weekend. With all that talent at USC, I would have to say that their coaching performance is below average.
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

SHHHH,... let the Trojans think they are invincible.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

The Beavers finally seem to have found some weapons other than the Rodgers brothers.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

echo31 wrote:The Beavers finally seem to have found some weapons other than the Rodgers brothers.
Yeah, until they play a decent defense....SC left so many huge holes in the middle it wasnt funny....

Bring em on....We have a few games left b4 that happens, but the Civil War is gonna be fun this year, for sure...