#12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (Oct. 19, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: #12 Oregon @ #25 Washington (Oct. 19, Sat 12:30 PM ABC)

Post by pezsez1 »

They put a late hit on Herbert that wasn't called earlier. These calls happen. It was fourth down and they didn't get it. That's really all that matters.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Willie Taggart is a dick.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

pezsez1 wrote:Great Seattle Times headline. :)

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... tter-what/
From the article:
After the game, I asked Huskies coach Chris Petersen if the Ducks made a defensive adjustment to hinder his team in the fourth quarter. He said no, but added this.

“Sometimes it comes down to willpower, but I have to look at the tape to see exactly what’s going on.”
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

InfoOnHuskies wrote:Man some of these posts r great. Are you really beating your chests after this win? 4 point win against THIS Husky squad? Went for it on 4th down from your own 35... with 10 minutes to go? If you have to do that against THIS Husky squad, what is Bama going to do to you?

Oregon ain't making the playoff... but I'm sort of rooting for it, because a playoff game against Bama would be comical.
uhm- you got whipped by Bama. Might want to think before you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

InfoOnHuskies wrote:The issue is, you all know this.

When Washington was a senior led football team they were beating Oregon 70-21 and 38-3... Oregon's senior led football squads have won by a grand total of 7 over 2 years.

Congrats on the win but yeesh... if this is the best Oregon can muster at the height of their roster... UW is sitting extremely pretty.
My how quickly Husky fans forget the 12 game losing streak and the awful blowouts during that streak. Then of course, they were always good at selective amnesia.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

InfoOnHuskies wrote:The issue is, you all know this.

When Washington was a senior led football team they were beating Oregon 70-21 and 38-3... Oregon's senior led football squads have won by a grand total of 7 over 2 years.

Congrats on the win but yeesh... if this is the best Oregon can muster at the height of their roster... UW is sitting extremely pretty.
yes you are sitting extremely pretty in last place. Oregon State is ahead of you, let that sink in

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

InfoOnHuskies wrote:Man some of these posts r great. Are you really beating your chests after this win? 4 point win against THIS Husky squad? Went for it on 4th down from your own 35... with 10 minutes to go? If you have to do that against THIS Husky squad, what is Bama going to do to you?

Oregon ain't making the playoff... but I'm sort of rooting for it, because a playoff game against Bama would be comical.
No, we probably aren't making the playoffs. We know that, Sherlock. But we have a great shot at the Rose Bowl and the Huskies have no shot. Go cry in your beer.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

InfoOnHuskies wrote:
Duck07 wrote:

Well I'm glad you acknowledge that you are not our true level of competition.
Not currently... and frankly it's embarrassing for Oregon that this was even a game.
embarrassing was your second half collapse.

RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Duck07 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Really wish we had some good post-game commentary. I wonder what the Husky threads look like?
Similar to the Florida Womens College threads hahaha
Nice to see Slick Willy at FSU lost again today.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:oh and >99% chance to win the North now! I wonder what would have to go wrong to not win.
Duck's would have to lose one other game and OSU would have to win out. Possible? WSU could win out and the Ducks lose 2 other games. Since we have the tie breaker on Stanford, Cal, and UW, Ducks would have to lose 4 while one of them wins out. THE DUCKS HAVE WON THE NORTH. 99.99999999999999999999999999999% CHANCE.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

First of all, great win! Just some thoughts after watching the game.

Pros:

-Either we finally were able to make second half adjustments or our conditioning and talent (as a earlier poster stated) wore out the fuskies as the game progressed.

-4th quarter D was amazing and finally got some push on their O-line to disrupt Eason's flow.

-Cyrus runs with some power, that gives us a new dimension to our running game.

-Our O-line was amazing again in pass protection. Penei was phenomenal again in pass and run blocking.

-Great that Mario was willing to sub out his class pet, Warmack, and give another player a chance to play better at that position.

-Herbert did a great job evading rushers a few time. In earlier games, those were sacks. Perhaps he watched some Trevor Lawrence tapes, because of their similar build and how he's constantly avoiding sacks.

-Arroyo did a good job play calling this game. This game the knock was on the players.

-We played a very clean game. (aside from the stealing pompom incident)

-Special teams coverage was good

Neutral

-Herbert had a mediocre game. He made some good passes and some bad passes. Eason out played him today.

- I think we and other teams can now confirm Herbert is not going to run it. Even for short 4-5 yard runs when lanes open up, he's not going to tuck it and run. (A previous post someone said Herbert had an agreement with the staff to come back if they didn't require/draw up QB run play. I think there's alot of truth in that theory now.)

-Ahmed was a stud today, but he's only an above average, not exceptional, running back. We were in the running for him early in his recruitment. Imagine if we had him running behind our O-line. Kind of makes me realize how bad and a pity we don't even have an above average RB running behind our line. The possible what ifs...haha.

-Lenoir's absent was sorely felt. I hope he's ok next week, as we'll really need his presence and shut down abilities.

Cons:

-Mario's clock/TOs/game management is still a big work in progress.

-We weren't able to run on them in the first half (ex-first series) when both teams were fresh. We're supposed to have the best o-line in the country. So i'm not sure if this was because of being out coach, lack of coaching on our side, short comings of our other units, or other reasons.

-Juwan Johnson is still almost non-existent.

-We need a much better kicking/puntin game and blake is very inconsistant. (I believe its not the first time we've been penalized this year for kicking it out of bounds on a kickoff)

-Close win in Seattle. UW staff is going to spin the loss as a new heated rivalry to washington state area kids. "Help the home state win against the repulsive ducks who stole our victories" Before in blowout wins, home state kids never thought UW would stand a chance and chose to sign with Oregon.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Fire Avalos!

We totally would have lost if Arroyo and the O didn’t bail us out

droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

chapelhillduck wrote:Fire Avalos!

We totally would have lost if Arroyo and the O didn’t bail us out

Haha. While I’m 99% sure this is facetious, I’ve been conditioned by folks on this forum to think there’s a possibility it’s real. Wild times.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Alan wrote:I was happy to see Habibi-Likio get so many carries, I am liking him the best of of the Ducks stable so far this year. He is bigger and a down hill back....... Plus he showed some athletic, vertical abilities today.
And a touch to his foot or ankle didn't knock him down...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

droop10 wrote:
brich75 wrote:
I don’t think Justin is garbage, there are games where he makes impossible throws but today he was garbage, we won in spite of him
Eh, if garbage performances yield 300 yds, 4 TDs, and a top 25 win, give it to me every day. Not his best performance, but he made some plays. Possible that wet conditions contributed to his inaccuracy a bit?
I gotta admit I love JH but, IF he wants to make it in the NFL he's going to have to learn to stay calm in the pocket, move around or climb in it and not get frustrated and just fire a pass off. Most of the throws he missed yesterday looked like it was because of pressure or perceived pressure and rushing his throw and not having good footwork/mechanics... He did come up big in the 4th quarter, but for a someone who has started for almost 4 years, he hasn't shown me the ability to play at the next lever unless he exorcises these demons...

Also why doesn't he ever run the damn ball? Man there are so many times that if he would just fake the dive and keep the ball he could run for 10 yards without being touched. I wonder if part of the agreement to come back as a senior was that he would not run the ball and mess up his draft status with a serious injury? Gotta think something like that has to be in play here...

Any way, HUCK THE FUSKIES!!! AND GO DUCKS!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine