Washington State @ #11 Oregon (Oct. 26, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Re: Washington State @ #11 Oregon (Oct. 26, Sat 7:30 PM ESPN

Post by Merganzer »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Here's our broadcast crew on ESPN: Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Todd McShay

Todd McShay would make listening to Walt Whitman difficult
McShay is a one-trick pony. He thinks the audience needs an in-depth analysis of a players mechanics every play. I can’t remember who was playing but a few weeks ago he was on the broadcast and was breaking down the QBs throwing mechanics every other play. It ruined the broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I come bearing gifts. Todd McShay, who measures Recruiting Big Boards with Kiper does sideline reporting during games. The Todd you're thinking about is Todd Blackledge, former Penn State QB, who does games with Sean McDonough.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Maybe it is just me but I watch the game more than I pay attention to the announcers. I do miss good ole Keith Jackson though.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Merganzer wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Here's our broadcast crew on ESPN: Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Todd McShay

McShay is a one-trick pony. He thinks the audience needs an in-depth analysis of a players mechanics every play. I can’t remember who was playing but a few weeks ago he was on the broadcast and was breaking down the QBs throwing mechanics every other play. It ruined the broadcast.

I come bearing gifts. Todd McShay, who measures Recruiting Big Boards with Kiper does sideline reporting during games. The Todd you're thinking about is Todd Blackledge, former Penn State QB, who does games with Sean McDonough.
I’m almost positive McShay was in the booth for this particular game. I only watched a portion of it but he spent the entirety of the time between plays blathering on and on about throwing mechanics.

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:

I’m almost positive McShay was in the booth for this particular game. I only watched a portion of it but he spent the entirety of the time between plays blathering on and on about throwing mechanics.

Well, hopefully that was a one time thing. Mechanics are a focus for him in his recruiting analysis.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon looks to be going full nightmare green against the Cougs:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon looks to be going full nightmare green against the Cougs:
I'm so glad, this green has become our new black. Love we are wearing our team colors constantly.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Speaking of wearing team colors, as someone who is not a regular attendee to games, I wanted to ask some of you season-ticket types: is it considered a faux pas if we wear green instead of yellow to the game? Does it make me a bad fan if I don't follow the instructions? I've never been a fan of the lightning yellow garb.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

hythloday's film analysis is informative, like usual: https://www.addictedtoquack.com/2019/10 ... gton-state

Main takeaways: the key to beating WSU's pass-dominant offense is discipline. They don't try for many explosive plays. Instead they just nickel-and-dime you with a handful of basic, solid concepts, plus an occasional twist to catch you sleeping. If our defense can just stay focused and execute assignments, we should be in good shape. As to their defense, WSU is small up front and is very vulnerable to the run. It's a bit more effective against passing due to its emphasis on pre-snap movement and unusual blitzes. They should be very vulnerable to our power run game and I expect us to put up a bunch of points.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Phalanx wrote:Speaking of wearing team colors, as someone who is not a regular attendee to games, I wanted to ask some of you season-ticket types: is it considered a faux pas if we wear green instead of yellow to the game? Does it make me a bad fan if I don't follow the instructions? I've never been a fan of the lightning yellow garb.
Nobody really cares if you don't wear the designated color. A lot of people don't, it just looks like they do on TV because that yellow really stands out. I'm also not a fan of wearing yellow, I think sometimes I'll wear a long sleeve yellow shirt under a black jersey. As long as you're not wearing Wazzu colors you're golden.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Seems they're asking students to wear black for this game but haven't seen if they're now asking the rest of the crowd to do so as well. With them wearing dark green and Halloween approaching, they may be wanting a blackout game for the crowd this weekend.
upperV03
Two Star Recruit

Post by upperV03 »

greenyellow wrote:Seems they're asking students to wear black for this game but haven't seen if they're now asking the rest of the crowd to do so as well. With them wearing dark green and Halloween approaching, they may be wanting a blackout game for the crowd this weekend.
Nope, the rest of the fans are still supposed to wear yellow. The student section appears to have decided to hold their own blackout, but the plan for the rest of the fans to wear yellow hasn’t changed. The yellow crowd will contrast nicely against the dark green uniforms, and it pops better under the lights and on TV as well. The student section being in black will be a nice contrast from the rest of the crowd, too.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

upperV03 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Seems they're asking students to wear black for this game but haven't seen if they're now asking the rest of the crowd to do so as well. With them wearing dark green and Halloween approaching, they may be wanting a blackout game for the crowd this weekend.
Nope, the rest of the fans are still supposed to wear yellow. The student section appears to have decided to hold their own blackout, but the plan for the rest of the fans to wear yellow hasn’t changed. The yellow crowd will contrast nicely against the dark green uniforms, and it pops better under the lights and on TV as well. The student section being in black will be a nice contrast from the rest of the crowd, too.
Instead of organizing different colors to wear, the student section should organize getting students with tickets to actually show up to the games. :/
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Max Borghi

This dude is Public Enemy #1 tonight. Hopefully the Ducks can keep him from going wild.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I’m tired of evening games. I can’t wait to see us get some revenge. 35-21.