bcs_central
High School Drop Out

official BCS rankings out

Post by bcs_central »

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: official BCS rankings out

Post by duckgrad99 »

Really cannot complain about being #10. Beat USC next week, and things get really interesting.
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

Damn BSU is dropping fast.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

uo2010 wrote:Damn BSU is dropping fast.
cincy too

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

uodux1212 wrote:
cincy too
Cincy at least has a chance to improve by playing ranked teams WV and Pitt. BSU, on the other hand, has no where to go but down. If we beat USC (and Utah and Cal win) we will probably pass them in the polls, which would be really unfair.

Further, only one non BCS school can get an automatic birth. So if TCU goes undefeated and Boise State drops out of the top 10 (which looks likely), a one loss Penn State or a two loss USC could get a BCS birth over Boise because of TV and game revenues.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

uo2010 wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:
cincy too
Cincy at least has a chance to improve by playing ranked teams WV and Pitt. BSU, on the other hand, has no where to go but down. If we beat USC (and Utah and Cal win) we will probably pass them in the polls, which would be really unfair.

Further, only one non BCS school can get an automatic birth. So if TCU goes undefeated and Boise State drops out of the top 10 (which looks likely), a one loss Penn State or a two loss USC could get a BCS birth over Boise because of TV and game revenues.

Translation: There needs to be a playoff. What happens if 3 or 4 teams finish undefeated?
05duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 05duck »

Computers have Oregon at 6!

BSU at 8
GO DUCKS!

Twitter: 05Duck
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

duckgrad99 wrote: Translation: There needs to be a playoff. What happens if 3 or 4 teams finish undefeated?
If Iowa finishes undefeated I hope we get to (or even USC) see them in the Rose Bowl to kick their overrated ass. As far as TCU, Cincy, and BSU goes, they wont have the quality of wins to challenge a selection of the SEC and Big12 champ.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

If Boise St goes undefeated and doesn't get in to the championship game, maybe that will give them the incentive to schedule a tough non conference road game every season.(Although they did win at Oregon last season) Otherwise, I don't see teams from weak conferences every getting into the title game.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

uo2010 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote: Translation: There needs to be a playoff. What happens if 3 or 4 teams finish undefeated?
If Iowa finishes undefeated I hope we get to (or even USC) see them in the Rose Bowl to kick their overrated ass.
My thoughts exactly. Let them keep winning. Make a victory, if we get to the Rose Bowl, that much easier. We would completely dominate & embarrass them.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Funny thing is Oregon might very well pass Boise State, possibly as early as this weekend if they get a convincing win over USC! :lol:
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

duckgrad99 wrote:If Boise St goes undefeated and doesn't get in to the championship game, maybe that will give them the incentive to schedule a tough non conference road game every season.(Although they did win at Oregon last season) Otherwise, I don't see teams from weak conferences every getting into the title game.
See, its not that BSU doesnt want to schedule a tough out of conference schedule, its that teams dont want to play them. For example, why would Florida want to play BSU? If they win they get nothing out of it because they were suppossed to win. If they lose (see what happened to us this year) there chances at a national title are screw.
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

uo2010 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:If Boise St goes undefeated and doesn't get in to the championship game, maybe that will give them the incentive to schedule a tough non conference road game every season.(Although they did win at Oregon last season) Otherwise, I don't see teams from weak conferences every getting into the title game.
See, its not that BSU doesnt want to schedule a tough out of conference schedule, its that teams dont want to play them. For example, why would Florida want to play BSU? If they win they get nothing out of it because they were suppossed to win. If they lose (see what happened to us this year) there chances at a national title are screw.
You are spot on with this. The only option for these teams is to join a more elite conference. At this point, BSU can put all their eggs in one basket and don't have to worry about playing elite competition every single weekend.
3duxmebroma
One Star Recruit

Post by 3duxmebroma »

Are you really saying it would be unfair for us to pass BSU ?
After seeing the 2nd half of our game yesterday, I'm pretty sure the offense c/h sliced BSU up yesterday like they did the dawgs..
We scored 8 points in the BSU game and the team has averaged 38+ points after that.
I don't think a repeat game w/b the same at all.

W
uo2010 wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:
cincy too

uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

Destroyer77 wrote:
uo2010 wrote:
You are spot on with this. The only option for these teams is to join a more elite conference. At this point, BSU can put all their eggs in one basket and don't have to worry about playing elite competition every single weekend.
Obviously it would never happen, but I would love to see BSU (and ND) join the Big East so that they could have a total of 10 teams.