A CHALLENGE FOR DUCK FANS

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksIn09
Senior

A CHALLENGE FOR DUCK FANS

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I noticed a stat that was flashed across the screen during the Husky game about loudest places to have hosted a college football game. We all know Autzen is LOUDDDDDDDDDD.. but to my dismay for the history of college football there was the Fuskies. We need to fix this. I have a challenge for our beloved duck fans. We need to be the loudest beyond what the Huskies did We sat number 4 which is still pretty good. I think if the recruits saw how loud Autzen stadium is for a game like this on Halloween it would blow their minds and cant help but be impressed. I forget what the decibel strength was that the Fuskies achieved but I know as duck fans we can beat it Soooo lets go fans. Let USC hear ya.
ducksrock
Senior

Re: A CHALLENGE FOR DUCK FANS

Post by ducksrock »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I noticed a stat that was flashed across the screen during the Husky game about loudest places to have hosted a college football game. We all know Autzen is LOUDDDDDDDDDD.. but to my dismay for the history of college football there was the Fuskies. We need to fix this. I have a challenge for our beloved duck fans. We need to be the loudest beyond what the Huskies did We sat number 4 which is still pretty good. I think if the recruits saw how loud Autzen stadium is for a game like this on Halloween it would blow their minds and cant help but be impressed. I forget what the decibel strength was that the Fuskies achieved but I know as duck fans we can beat it Soooo lets go fans. Let USC hear ya.
I cant yell any louder than I already do..You other peeps have gotta pick it up....lol
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I've never been to husky stadium, but I have a hard time believing it was louder than Autzen at it's loudest. On tv, the fans didn't even seem that loud.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I noticed a stat that was flashed across the screen during the Husky game about loudest places to have hosted a college football game. We all know Autzen is LOUDDDDDDDDDD.. but to my dismay for the history of college football there was the Fuskies. We need to fix this. I have a challenge for our beloved duck fans. We need to be the loudest beyond what the Huskies did We sat number 4 which is still pretty good. I think if the recruits saw how loud Autzen stadium is for a game like this on Halloween it would blow their minds and cant help but be impressed. I forget what the decibel strength was that the Fuskies achieved but I know as duck fans we can beat it Soooo lets go fans. Let USC hear ya.
I've said this before, but I use a megaphone from a dollar store that is LOUD. I think it's called a "Big Mouth Megaphone" and the mouth section is large enough to fit a duck whistle into (enhances the duck whistle big time when your throat needs a breather from yelling). It's a foot long and the bell is five inches across. The best part is that it's only a BUCK! Two years ago, I bought 20 of them for Civil War at Autzen and handed them out to the fans that yell in my section.

These things work (I can hear myself on TV when I replay the game...OVER the loud Autzen crowd. No joke.) I can only imagine what it would sound like if everyone had one...talk about decibels! So, go find them and buy a bunch to hand out. If we really want to answer the challenge on national TV, in front of the Gameday crew, let's not just get loud, let's get REAL loud...one buck at a time. Screw the Huskies and their mythical titles.
DuxMan
One Star Recruit

Post by DuxMan »

it was 133, BUT the ducks I do believe hold the record. That Fuskie record was IN the crowd, not on the field. The ducks recorded a 127 ON the field during that amazing year. (I think this is the ordeal)
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

duckgrad99 wrote:I've never been to husky stadium, but I have a hard time believing it was louder than Autzen at it's loudest. On tv, the fans didn't even seem that loud.
I was at Husky stadium yesterday, there were lots of times you could hold a conversation with your friends it was so quiet. At its loudest it never did approach the painful levels that Autzen reaches.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm pretty sure gameday + USC + pac-10 title on the line + Autzen + blackout + Halloween + national TV + night game + 2 top 10 teams = potentially the loudest games in Autzen history.

I wouldn't be too concerned about crowd noise levels unless USC gets out to a big quick lead.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

I think the stats they had weren't accurate. I was under the impression that Autzen holds the record for loudest human caused noise ever recorded.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

The loudest officially ever recorded was the 127 at Autzen the 3 louder ones were unofficial. There is a lot of debate about this so lets get it to 135 officially this Saturday so there is no more debate! :P
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

I've been to at least one game at Husky stadium per year for the last 6 years. While it has been quiet for most of the games I've been to, it can get loud for one of only two reasons:

1. When they get stomping in unison, the stadium shakes. And it does make A LOT of noise. It's kind of cool actually, but kind of scary since the stadium is so old.

2. Don James. By far the loudest cheer I've heard in the last few years is if Don James is there and they show him on the big screen.

Of all the games I've been to, Husky Stadium doesn't stand a chance against Autzen. However, I can't imagine what it would have been like when they were actually good.
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

good idea autzen member!!!!! I will lay down $100 bucks & bring 100 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

picksix wrote:good idea autzen member!!!!! I will lay down $100 bucks & bring 100 of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Atta boy, picksix, I'll match for a hundred...anyone else?
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I haven't been to Husky Kennel Field or whatever they call it. So, I can't compare personally. But, that was the first time I had ever seen a statistic that places Husky stadium loudest.

I'm calling bunk on that one. Seismic reading devices from cracker jacks boxes don't count.