Best part of the fusky game?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Best part of the fusky game?

Post by karlhungis »

For me it had to be watching the Fuskies and their fans quit when we were driving it down their throats in the 3rd quarter. When we were going no huddle, it really looked like their defense just gave up and just wanted it to be over.

That was my priceless moment of the game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
monster
Four Star Recruit

Re: Best part of the fusky game?

Post by monster »

3rd and 25 or something massive. The fans are getting into it because it's 3rd and 25, nobody makes that. The camera is shaking. Then, first down!

Also enjoyed Jesse Palmer's haftime speech to the Huskies. He talked of how the Huskies were right in it and it was only special teams that had made the difference. Go out there in the second half and play like it's zero to zero. Hehehehe.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Palmer, as well as the Fuskies, had no more clue what was coming than a deer in the headlights...

A couple of those DBs had a look like this in the third quarter...

I have no doubt that locker room held more than it's fair share of these looks, after the game...

ImageImage
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

I was there with a few Duck friends and my Husky wife. One of my friends was giving her grief, yelling her name (they were in the row behind and about 10 seats over) when the Ducks were down 3-0. My wife turns around and yells "Brad...SCOREBOARD!" and literally, as she's turning back around, the Ducks recover that punt in the end zone. She actually missed it because she was yelling scoreboard to my friend.

It was by far the worst timing of anyone saying anything I've ever seen. And I loved every second of it!
autzenzoo
Three Star Recruit

Post by autzenzoo »

I was there right behind the band in sec 2 and my favorite part was Masoli coming out of the locker room after half time, coming over and jacking up our crowd, then taking the game over with our first drive of the 3rd quarter. What a stud. 8-)
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

The mass exodus of Husky fans after the game was out of reach early in the 4th. Although, as much as I hate to admit, the Husky fans around me were classy. REAL classy :shock: . I wasn't expecting it at all.
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

All the Dawg fans I met with were awesome as well.
A rule of thumb..don't talk s*** and most likely s*** won't get ugly.
It is usually the people who pop off that have the bad experiences with other fans.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

karlhungis wrote:For me it had to be watching the Fuskies and their fans quit when we were driving it down their throats in the 3rd quarter. When we were going no huddle, it really looked like their defense just gave up and just wanted it to be over.

Anyone else love how easy Masoli scored both those 2 TDs? Literally the entire defense was chasing after LMJ, priceless!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:For me it had to be watching the Fuskies and their fans quit when we were driving it down their throats in the 3rd quarter. When we were going no huddle, it really looked like their defense just gave up and just wanted it to be over.

Anyone else love how easy Masoli scored both those 2 TDs? Literally the entire defense was chasing after LMJ, priceless!
Literally untouched through a huge hole both times! ;)
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

gofightingducks wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Literally untouched through a huge hole both times! ;)
I was laughing at that through the TV both times. When they lined up for the second one, I called my wife over and told her what they were going to do...and then boom, right up the middle with everyone chasing James. Awesome.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

They should be embarassed. It's not like Dennis Dixon and Johnathan Stewart didn't have them chasing the wrong players the whole game in 2007.

But I love it!
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

On JM's first touchdown run, the Husky (no. 96, I think) took a step toward James then froze. But it was too late, touchdown. The second time, whichever player was in the backfield never gave Masoli a thought. Instead he locked onto James and followed him all the way around the end of the line. I wonder what he was thinking when the whistle blew. LOL