OC Wish List

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: OC Wish List

Post by Tray Dub »

Cool short breakdown of some of Moorhead's plays at Penn State. You can see he brings some creativity.

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Blazers-1977 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:His Wiki page shows that he has been selected as the next OC

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Moorhead
That just means some random person on the internet edited it. I could change it to show he become a KFC manager in thirty seconds.

Didn’t Wiki change editing rules so only certain people could edit it or an edit would have to be approved
No, I occasionally fix things I find on Wikipedia, and when I submit edits it changes immediately. If incorrect info is placed on a page it'll usually get caught at some point, but unless it's a closely monitored page, like Barack Obama's or 9/11's or whatever, it'll take some time for someone to notice it and fix it. Wikipedia is great but for unfolding news like this it's a totally worthless source. It's no better than searching Moorhead's name on Twitter and believing the first random guy's tweet you see.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

For what it is worth, here is an article that touches on Moorhead as a recruiter. Here are a few excerpts...
"Moorhead put more into recruiting than any other head coach I've covered at Mississippi State and his staff was as organized in recruiting protocol than any you will see. Yes, recruiting at Mississippi State is always a difficult task due to the conference and competition they face daily."

"Moorhead personally took over the recruiting process for several guys in the Class of 2020 whether it be running backs Jo'Quavious Marks and Dillon Johnson or defensive backs Emmanuel Forbes and Janari Dean. Moorhead wanted his targets to hear his voice or see his texts daily, and that always means a lot to recruits when they hear from the head coach themselves."

"Not just the signees but other targets that signed elsewhere usually told me they never heard from any head coach as much as they heard from Moorhead. Yes, recruiting will always be the bloodline for any successful Power 5 program. But that's just who Joe Moorhead was in real life, never meeting a stranger and always wanting to make people feel at ease and at home."
https://247sports.com/college/mississip ... 141612293/
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Bruce Feldman: SOURCE: Former #PennState OC and Miss. State HC Joe Moorhead has agreed to become the new offensive coordinator at #Oregon although I am told that nothing has been signed yet. @Brett_McMurphy first reported that Moorhead was getting the job.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

How many scholarships for 2020 are still open, and would Moorehead possibly attract any last-minute commitments?
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I’m equally excited for Moorhead, Hall, or Munoz.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

pezsez1 wrote:How many scholarships for 2020 are still open, and would Moorehead possibly attract any last-minute commitments?
From the press conference yesterday and the numbers the recruiting sites have, it sounds like Oregon has around 3-5 spots left. Really seems they're trying for a WR, TE, DL, and possibly a grad transfer QB.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Tray Dub wrote:Cool short breakdown of some of Moorhead's plays at Penn State. You can see he brings some creativity.

Thanks for posting that! This gets me excited about the possibilities.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

So anything definitive yet?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

nogerO wrote:So anything definitive yet?
Bruce Feldman is about as definitive as we have.

The delay in official announcement has me concerned. What other OC jobs are open right now? Could we lose him to someone else?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:

The delay in official announcement has me concerned. What other OC jobs are open right now? Could we lose him to someone else?
It shouldn't. I'm not making any promises, but it's entirely normal for an official release to come 1-2 days after things break on twitter.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Nah, looks like everything's been agree upon, just needs to sign. Money won't be a big issue since MSU will be paying a large portion of his contract.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:

It shouldn't. I'm not making any promises, but it's entirely normal for an official release to come 1-2 days after things break on twitter.

Yep. And Mario is out of town now with Sewell receiving his award.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Now that he's signed, have him call Shorter. Shorter and William's would give us a couple of WR similar to what Clemson has.