MBB: #24 Arizona @ #9 Oregon (Thu 6 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: MBB: #24 Arizona @ #9 Oregon (Thu 6 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrantDuck wrote:Yeah Autzen doesn't need the students to be loud, but the Pit Crew at basketball games was always a key to the energy.

Cutting back student tickets at Autzen is LOOOONG overdue.
Nah they need to drop prices and bring back general admission tickets at a low price. So we can get our passionate fans in the seats, and not the ones who can afford to sit down.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Yeah Autzen doesn't need the students to be loud, but the Pit Crew at basketball games was always a key to the energy.

Nah they need to drop prices and bring back general admission tickets at a low price. So we can get our passionate fans in the seats, and not the ones who can afford to sit down.
So much this, it saddens me how many “fans” are there because it’s something to say they did. I love people trying new things and wanting to learn, but you can tell the difference. We still are grandfathered from GA pricing so we haven’t felt the full price change, and I’m pretty sure if/when that ends I’ll be giving up my tickets, as $70 per ticket is already enough that just saying it makes me want to stop.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Too bad about CJ Walker. Feels like Oregon these last few years have had terrible luck with injuries.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

X10000000. Complacency is natural, but there are ways, like what you offer, that can help re-stoke an atmosphere.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Are there no GA tickets for Mens BB anymore? What's it cost to get in the door, cheap seats against Arizona or ASU this weekend?

Altman is like a computer reciting all that kenpom stuff.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Too bad about CJ Walker. Feels like Oregon these last few years have had terrible luck with injuries.
Honestly, players are going to get banged up over the course of the season here and there. Avoiding long term stuff is the real key.
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

Bighonkingduck wrote:The women are outdrawing the men tho lower ticket prices have an effect!
So far this year at MKA the Lady Ducks have averaged 9,966 in attendance, while the Men have averaged 6,761.
There are a sufficient number of fans so it has to be either the product or the price.
I think it is a combination of both.
With the one & done aspect of the men's game fans aren't as invested in the players.
One can argue that the women's game is more entertaining, and at a more affordable price it might be an easy choice.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

ICamel wrote:
Bighonkingduck wrote:The women are outdrawing the men tho lower ticket prices have an effect!
So far this year at MKA the Lady Ducks have averaged 9,966 in attendance, while the Men have averaged 6,761.
There are a sufficient number of fans so it has to be either the product or the price.
I think it is a combination of both.
With the one & done aspect of the men's game fans aren't as invested in the players.
One can argue that the women's game is more entertaining, and at a more affordable price it might be an easy choice.
It's a good argument. If a top 10 men's team doesn't bring the crowds in, the men's team is in a state of inertia.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Killing us in the paint. Our young bigs are completely overmatched and Juiston got 2 fouls early(2nd one was a Pac-12 ref special).

Okoro and Dante have zero concept of spacing on offense. Okoro alone I think causes our guards to have 2-3 turnovers a game because he doesn't know how to freakin' cut or catch the damn ball.

Will Richardson only guy playing well, which is no surprise, kid is a stud.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Why the f is Addison Patterson trying to jump to block a guy's shot that is 6 inches taller than him? LOL.

Just stand there and take the charge. Gosh, freshman are frustrating.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Dante 2-3 good cuts in a row on offense. Much Better!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Whew! That was getting hard to watch. Keep it up, Ducks!
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I'm just not a Juiston fan. Just gave up an offensive rebound on a missed FT. Walking TO on offense.

He'd be useful if he could hit a 3, but he can't. Walker hopefully is healthy soon.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Terrible rebounding.