UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: 1983 Draft Discussion

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:3 PFs in a row
I was only interested in the top PFs at 11 so I was hoping one of them fell to me

Celtics quickly have a good looking core of Scott, Woolridge and Bailey
Same, I would have been happy with Sidney, but didn’t wanna risk not getting either. And I liked Bailey’s upside a little more since I don’t wanna compete for another couple years.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
chipper
Four Star Recruit
GM: Indiana Pacers

Post by chipper »

Oregon Ownage wrote:Files have been updated through pick 13
A lot of fun seeing McCray on the roster. :-) skillset looks even better now that I can see him next to the other guys on the team.
Pacers GM.
chipper
Four Star Recruit

Post by chipper »

So since he had the autopick for him but picked before anyone else picked- does Lowe get to be Marzieal's pick for the Hawks? Or is he stuck with Breuer?
Pacers GM.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

chipper wrote:So since he had the autopick for him but picked before anyone else picked- does Lowe get to be Marzieal's pick for the Hawks? Or is he stuck with Breuer?
Lowe
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

chipper wrote:So since he had the autopick for him but picked before anyone else picked- does Lowe get to be Marzieal's pick for the Hawks? Or is he stuck with Breuer?
Standard procedure has been if you get auto'd, even if it is picks later, you can swap said pick with any unpicked player.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
chipper
Four Star Recruit

Post by chipper »

Zyme wrote:
Standard procedure has been if you get auto'd, even if it is picks later, you can swap said pick with any unpicked player.
Gotcha. I'm gonna guess the clock reset from when OO originally did the auto-pick to when marzeial actually did his pick because the original post was deleted.
Pacers GM.
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Zyme wrote:Reposted from a different threat as apparently I cannot tell which tab I an actually in.
I don't get the Drexler hate here. As long as his jump shot is fine he will be great. Hell Kellogg and Ansley (see my sig) do and did not have a 3 pt shot and they still efficiently score 16+ ppg. I will be shocked if Drexler isn't B C+, C B (or even B+) C A after 1 camp. I'm confidant that the notes were a smoke screen to a very solid player. The motor city got a excellent value pick IMO
Really he could go either way. Keywords on notes were on one hand, on the other hand. Still a good prospect though to have on a rebuilding team.
verysilentone
Three Star Recruit
GM: Miami Heat GM

Post by verysilentone »

With two picks left, it looks like the draft played out how I planned for pick #20 and I'm getting one of the guys that I wanted.
chipper
Four Star Recruit

Post by chipper »

I hope clock doesn’t start until noon eastern again (he’s talking trades for the pick).
Pacers GM.
chipper
Four Star Recruit

Post by chipper »

Glad I got in there. Paxson fell farther than he should IMO. Now my lineup is-

Paxson/World B Free/McCray/Cliff/Herb. That’s solid- hopefully with the right FA signings I can make the playoffs.
Pacers GM.
verysilentone
Three Star Recruit

Post by verysilentone »

chipper wrote:Glad I got in there. Paxson fell farther than he should IMO. Now my lineup is-

Paxson/World B Free/McCray/Cliff/Herb. That’s solid- hopefully with the right FA signings I can make the playoffs.

The further he went down, the happier I was. I was hoping for him or Doc and my odds just kept getting better
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Love Doc at 20 was vying hard to trade for 19 but Warriors had the better offer haha
verysilentone
Three Star Recruit

Post by verysilentone »

Despite what others may think, my trade worked out perfectly in my opinion.

The only thing that is unfortunate is that I wanted Drexler and he was available at 5 and not at 8, but Malone is not too far off and may end up being better. I fill a huge need at PG, because Taylor was not good last year. I'm hoping Doc can start at PG. Hopefully resign my two key cogs or use cap space to fill out the roster. I think there is still some talent available for my 2nd, so this could be a good draft for me.
verysilentone
Three Star Recruit

Post by verysilentone »

offtheheezy wrote:Love Doc at 20 was vying hard to trade for 19 but Warriors had the better offer haha
Yeah, I'm ecstatic especially after the other discussion on PGs earlier in the draft, I figured people were going to start taking all of them lol