We are 8 in the BCS

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uo2010
Four Star Recruit

We are 8 in the BCS

Post by uo2010 »

Last edited by uo2010 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
aduck4ever
One Star Recruit

Oregon 8 BCS

Post by aduck4ever »

Thought it would be higher
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Re: We are 8 in the BCS

Post by DmoneyDuck »

What.A.Joke.
Hand Carroll his worst loss ever at SC and we move up a measly 2 spots
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

BS. Sc can all the way up to 5th with a loss to UW but we only get to 8th after we dismatle them. It's a complete joke.
toucan0332
One Star Recruit

Post by toucan0332 »

Right behind Boise. Ithink many voters cant wait to move the Ducks ahead.
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

DmoneyDuck wrote:What.A.Joke.
We are the top ranked one-loss team. That is all we can ask for. A NC wasnt in the cards for us this year anyways.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I don't know what to think about this. I think we're one of the top three best teams in the country, but we're also not undefeated. It's hard to knock any team down below us that hasn't lost, especially if they've beaten us.

It all comes down to this question: do you rank teams by how good you think they are or by how impressive their resume is?
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

toucan0332 wrote:Right behind Boise. Ithink many voters cant wait to move the Ducks ahead.
We are three spots behand them in the human polls. If we pass them it will be because of the computers, not the voters.
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

Calm down everyone. The rankings are like golf, just like it's easy to go from shooting 100 to shooting an 85, it's easy to move from 25 to 10, but shooting an 80 or below takes a lot of work. aka getting into the top 5 is not going to be easy. Don't whine about rankings. stay focused on Stanford and Win the Day.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

uo2010 wrote:
We are the top ranked one-loss team. That is all we can ask for. A NC wasnt in the cards for us this year anyways.

SC was ranked ahead of a bunch of one loss teams last week. We don't get the respect we deserve because we aren't a "USC" or "Notre Dame". How many teams has the BCS screwed over the years? Nobody here should ever be happy with it since Oregon got screwed out of the championship game a few years back.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:stay focused on Stanford and Win the Day.
LOL. We're fans, we don't need to "win the day". We can look ahead, the team won't lose if we as fans overlook Stanford.
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

duckgrad99 wrote:
uo2010 wrote:

SC was ranked ahead of a bunch of one loss teams last week. We don't get the respect we deserve because we aren't a "USC" or "Notre Dame". How many teams has the BCS screwed over the years? Nobody here should ever be happy with it since Oregon got screwed out of the championship game a few years back.
People realized how overrated SC is. They have played three bad games in a row. The win isnt as impressive to the rest of the nation.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

gregspechtismyhero wrote:Calm down everyone. The rankings are like golf, just like it's easy to go from shooting 100 to shooting an 85, it's easy to move from 25 to 10, but shooting an 80 or below takes a lot of work. aka getting into the top 5 is not going to be easy. Don't whine about rankings. stay focused on Stanford and Win the Day.
:lol: Thanks Chip. But since we're fans, we're allowed to not be entirely focused on each week and look at the big picture. It doesn't actually affect our team. I guarantee you, they don't give a s*** if we whine about rankings or if we start talking about the big Arizona game or whatever.

I do, however, agree that we shouldn't whine too much. Not because we need to stay focused, but because nobody remembers week 10's rankings. They remember the final two: the ones before the bowls and the ones after. Too much will change in the next few weeks to get too concerned.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

uo2010 wrote:
umm how can u say a n.c. isnt in the cards for us after that game last night... who here thinks we cant beat anyone in the nation??? i know we can.

i think eventually after/if we handle business against four solid teams to finish the season we will jump bsu, tcu, cincy, and iowa. plus i think cincy and iowa are gonna loose ne ways... basically we need lsu to beat alabama and albama to beat florida in the sec championship... imo thats are shot to get in the game.. unless there are some major upsets... seems like that happens alot in CFB
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

And if opponents aren't going to matter, Oregon should schedule out of conference teams like Portland State and 2 other cupcakes every season. Apparently, playing Boise St, Utah and Purdue made no difference. I don't like the fact that we play a team like Tennessee in the future. What's really to gain there except for bragging rights?