CB Situation

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducklydoright
Two Star Recruit

Re: CB Situation

Post by ducklydoright »

Javes Lewis may lead the team in tackles but that doesn't automatically make him a good long term option at CB. This week we will most likely see him play CB again because we need the extra size at CB and it allows Ward/Boyett to be on the field at the same time. As for Harris, I think he will see extensive time against Zona because they think they are Texas Tech of the Pac10 and they are going to try and throw the ball all over us, which is where having a cover guy like Harris will really help us. He is a lock down type of player, but right now the coaches feel that he may be a liability when it comes to run support, which is why we probably won't see him start a game until next year. As for Ward I don't share your high praise of his pass coverage skills, because truth is, he has been suspect against the pass his entire career at Oregon. Lucky for him pass coverage only makes up a portion of what a Safety is called upon to do and it's the other parts of his game (Stopping the Run, Leadership) that have made him a stalwart on the defense for the past couple of seasons.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

+1
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm sorry NCduck09, how can you be complaining about pass D when this is the best pass defensive in recent history of Oregon.

TJIII is pretty much a stud. Like I said in earlier posts, he doesn't get burned. Williams is a top notch receiver, and if Williams only caught 2 or 3 balls on TJIII, I'll take that ALL DAY.

I can't believe you were "pissed" at TJIII for playing an exceptional game against a talented USC team... Perhaps you missed his two knockdowns in the endzone?

I know I'm a mod and I'm supposed to make sure things run smoothly here, but I think you're being fairly ignorant about TJIII and the way he played against USC.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Please keep in mind that there is NCduck09 and NCduck.

As I've had this handle since the beginning of this here communtiy, maybe dude should change his handle. Too much confusion.

*Edit: Maybe I'll change my handle. Is there a way to do so without losing all of my posts?
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

justducky0 wrote:
NCDucks09 wrote:100% Sure, I was at the game and was getting pissed at Talmadge. Watch the game again, you'll see that the only real effective receiver for the Trojans was Damien Williams.

you were getting "pissed" at him? Thats odd...pretty sure he is just a college kid doing his best...
My character isn't on trial here guys, and being a fan is an emotional experience, u have ups/downs, glory and disappointment, so get off your high horse. You're lying if you say you never gotten disappointed or angry with how a player was performing. Thanks, I'll take your comments off the board.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

NCDucks09 wrote:
justducky0 wrote:
NCDucks09 wrote:100% Sure, I was at the game and was getting pissed at Talmadge. Watch the game again, you'll see that the only real effective receiver for the Trojans was Damien Williams.

you were getting "pissed" at him? Thats odd...pretty sure he is just a college kid doing his best...
My character isn't on trial here guys, and being a fan is an emotional experience, u have ups/downs, glory and disappointment, so get off your high horse. You're lying if you say you never gotten disappointed or angry with how a player was performing. Thanks, I'll take your comments off the board.
Well then if you don't think there is anything wrong with it, you still forgot to admit that you were "getting pissed" at the wrong player... lol.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

I don't discriminate, lol. I saw Talmadge get schooled by D.Will. just as much as Javes. That D.Will is just fast! I think Harris could could cover him better because he's more gifted as a raw athlete. I'm looking forward to seeing guys with speed like Avery Patterson and possibly Dior Mathis next year as well.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions

rcook
Two Star Recruit

Post by rcook »

NCDucks09 wrote:I don't discriminate, lol. I saw Talmadge get schooled by D.Will. just as much as Javes. That D.Will is just fast! I think Harris could could cover him better because he's more gifted as a raw athlete. I'm looking forward to seeing guys with speed like Avery Patterson and possibly Dior Mathis next year as well.
You really have no clue what you're talking about... What a logical trainwreck, really.

The people that do play (Main 4) play well and are being disgraced by your absent-minded willingness to "look forward" to players that have seen minimal to no action when it counts (the game). Our defense has played super tough, and has been outstanding all year, USC has tremendous athletes, our secondary played really well vs them, and everyone we have played.

The "schooling" you proclaim to our guys who have put all their blood, sweat, and tears into this season happened where? I don't see it in the stats or the scoreboard, or during the game for that matter either?

This whole thread is a disaster. 160 lb true freshman Harris knob-slobbers repeat 3 times outloud, "there is no problem with our secondary" and you will find peace.

Does not like war, fwiw
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ncduck wrote:Please keep in mind that there is NCduck09 and NCduck.

As I've had this handle since the beginning of this here communtiy, maybe dude should change his handle. Too much confusion.

*Edit: Maybe I'll change my handle. Is there a way to do so without losing all of my posts?
If you want to change your username, just PM me.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

NCDucks09 wrote:
justducky0 wrote:

Fair enough, but you usually get mad or disappointed when your team plays bad, or when a player ruins a game.

TJIII did nothing but good things for most of the game. You don't get mad at players for playing a good game and holding a USC team to 20 points..

NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

U guys need to take a chill pill, really. 'Pissed' is a figurative use of language. Is this gang mentality, taking heat from everyone, obviously you don't want a true duck fan as a part of this community.

Never allow anyone credibility that presents constructive criticism opposite of the homerism displayed on this board. That should be on the User Policy here.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

You will all get along...Image

ImageImage
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

rcook
Two Star Recruit

Post by rcook »

NCDucks09 wrote:U guys need to take a chill pill, really. 'Pissed' is a figurative use of language. Is this gang mentality, taking heat from everyone, obviously you don't want a true duck fan as a part of this community.

Never allow anyone credibility that presents constructive criticism opposite of the homerism displayed on this board. That should be on the User Policy here.
In some completely backwards way, I think you do mean well but seem to lose all control of your bowels the minute your finger touches the keyboard... I find it hard to cut you much slack because of your consistent sucking, but I may be willing to change my opinion if you would be willing to take this test and post your results... http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

TY in advance :)

Does not like war, fwiw
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Why is your avatar a picture of a guy wearing a tight, pale yellow belly-T, practicing gymnastics?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

wheaton4prez wrote:Why is your avatar a picture of a guy wearing a tight, pale yellow belly-T, practicing gymnastics?
Legitimate question.