WAC hires PR Firm....

Post by gofightingducks »

to push for a Boise State BCS bid :roll: :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4623676
wheaton4prez
Senior

Re: WAC hires PR Firm....

Post by wheaton4prez »

They should invest their effort toward lobbying for a play-off if they believe that they could prove themselves on the field.

Pushing for a BCS result ultimately comes down to viewers. And they don't have them relative to other programs.
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

Now thats WAC
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

How crazy would it be if USC got the bid over BSU for the Fiesta Bowl. They will be similarly ranked and USC would bring more fans to AZ and better ratings on TV.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... ID=1010658

Rivals doesn't see Boise State going to a BCS game :lol: They have Boise State in the Poinsettia Bowl again against BYU

ROSE BOWL
THIS WEEK'S PROJECTION: Iowa vs. Oregon
SUGAR BOWL
THIS WEEK'S PROJECTION: Cincinnati vs. Florida
FIESTA BOWL
THIS WEEK'S PROJECTION: TCU vs. USC
ORANGE BOWL
THIS WEEK'S PROJECTION: Georgia Tech vs. Penn State
BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
THIS WEEK'S PROJECTION: Alabama vs. Texas
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
uo2010 wrote:How crazy would it be if USC got the bid over BSU for the Fiesta Bowl. They will be similarly ranked and USC would bring more fans to AZ and better ratings on TV.
I'm not gonna lie....

I would laugh mightily.
If ND and Penn State win out (I highly doubt they will) would probably get bids over BSU. You have two available spots for BSU, USC, Penn State, and ND. Its a good thing they the WAC hired a PR firm.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

You also have to take into account that if TCU ends up undefeated, they probably won't be below BSU since they've played a lot better of schedule when compared to BSU. The BCS can only take 1 non-BCS school so BSU may be lobbying hard to get ranked over TCU.
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

greenyellow wrote:You also have to take into account that if TCU ends up undefeated, they probably won't be below BSU since they've played a lot better of schedule when compared to BSU. The BCS can only take 1 non-BCS school so BSU may be lobbying hard to get ranked over TCU.
Not true. The BCS is automatic for the top ranked non-BCS if they are ranked high enough. Non-BCS can qualify for an at large as well same as any other AQ conference.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I don't know if we'll see 2 non-BCS conference teams get in this year since I think there are enough teams that meet the BCS bowl criteria to fill out the 10 available spots. You got the 6 guaranteed BCS conference teams plus I bet that the SEC (which I bet will be either LSU or Alabama), Big 10 (Penn State), and possibly the Pac-10 (USC or Arizona if they finish high enough) get the at large bids along with the 1 non-BCS team (TCU or BSU). The only other possibility of getting 2 non-BCS conference teams is if Notre Dame gets in, which I hope doesn't happen.
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

spinseeker wrote:
greenyellow wrote:You also have to take into account that if TCU ends up undefeated, they probably won't be below BSU since they've played a lot better of schedule when compared to BSU. The BCS can only take 1 non-BCS school so BSU may be lobbying hard to get ranked over TCU.
Not true. The BCS is automatic for the top ranked non-BCS if they are ranked high enough. Non-BCS can qualify for an at large as well same as any other AQ conference.
That seals the deal. I'm a TCU fan!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

ND is as likely to screw somebody out of a bid as any program, because of the special BCS clause they play under.

http://www.nd.edu/~observer/10182002/Sports/1.html

That's because of a little-known clause built into the Bowl Championship Series contract commonly referred to as the "Notre Dame" clause. Or, more appropriately, the "Notre Dame is special and you're not" clause.

There's also wording built into the BCS contract that says any team which finishes in the top six but doesn't win their conference automatically earns an at-large selection. And here's where a shrewd Notre Dame administrator stepped in.

If a team from outside one of the six major conferences finishes in the top six, like Air Force, for example, they still get a free ride into a BCS bowl. And if that happens, and if Notre Dame has nine wins or finishes in the top 12 of the final BCS standings, the Irish are automatically in, too.

This is the same rule that eliminated the Ducks from consideration for an at large bid a few seasons ago, landing them in the Holiday Bowl against Oklahoma.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

woundedknees wrote:ND is as likely to screw somebody out of a bid as any program, because of the special BCS clause they play under.

http://www.nd.edu/~observer/10182002/Sports/1.html

That's because of a little-known clause built into the Bowl Championship Series contract commonly referred to as the "Notre Dame" clause. Or, more appropriately, the "Notre Dame is special and you're not" clause.

There's also wording built into the BCS contract that says any team which finishes in the top six but doesn't win their conference automatically earns an at-large selection. And here's where a shrewd Notre Dame administrator stepped in.

If a team from outside one of the six major conferences finishes in the top six, like Air Force, for example, they still get a free ride into a BCS bowl. And if that happens, and if Notre Dame has nine wins or finishes in the top 12 of the final BCS standings, the Irish are automatically in, too.

This is the same rule that eliminated the Ducks from consideration for an at large bid a few seasons ago, landing them in the Holiday Bowl against Oklahoma.

College football bowls are businesses. I don't want to see ND play in the BCS, but there are tons of fans who do. But I would be really suprised if they were able to win the rest of their games (at Pitt, UConn, and at Stanford).
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

I hope ND loses all three but I think they lose at least one. It is BS that they get a free pass to BCS games when other teams get screwed out of BCS games. I think I hate ND more than any other program out there. And I can't stand Jabba the Weis!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Wow, I'm speechless. So let me get this straight. The only point they really are making is that they beat us. So you're whole PR campaign is based on throwing us under the bus and how you kept us under our usual high statistics. It was the first game of the season and you didn't beat us by much. Hmmmmm......

The PR firm is getting big bucks for sending out a bunch of emails and arranging for some meetings. Man, where do I sign up!!!

I would think that the PR firm could come up with a bit more meat. It will backfire on you if you sound whiny and annoy people with constant email blasts. Oh boy, this could be fun to watch. If I worked for them, I think a bit more brainstorming would be in order.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Almost the entire country from fans to coaches to sports writers look at the game as a fluke. Inexperienced o-line on blue turf, overhyped, bad game plan, etc. and they still barely won. Oregon would easily beat Boise State today, even on the smurf turf! Oregon will leap Boise State in the polls if not this week they almost certainly will in 2 weeks if they beat Arizona. Sucks to be a good team in a crappy conference that plays a crappy schedule that has only beaten a handful (if that) of good teams the last decade, Boise State needs to get things in order (academics, other sports teams, etc.) and move to a better conference before they can be taken serious.