Masoli Article from Rob Moseley

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Masoli Article from Rob Moseley

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Wow.......I had no idea.......... Sorry if it's been posted already.

http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... /story.csp
ncduck
Senior

Re: Masoli Article from Rob Moseley

Post by ncduck »

There's some controversy about this Adam Jude article. It appears there are multiple factual errors. Rob linked the story in his blog and the third person to comment signed L. Masoli took the RG to task about it.

I think the guard should take the story down until they can be certain of the facts.

Mistruths spawn mistruths.

http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index ... he-moment/
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

They perhaps need to clarify & republish, but to me, it just shows how resilient Jeremiah is and how we can all learn from our mistakes.

Kudos to the young man.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

Tremendous story. But he's still got a long ways to go.
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think it was a great article MFR but people like NCDuck will now have another reason to want Costa in there thinking he is 10x better than Masoli. He has been anti Masoli since the season started. I have stood behind Masoli and mentioned at the start of the season when he was struggling that would and the last few games he has showed his worth.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

NCDucks09 wrote:Tremendous story. But he's still got a long ways to go.
So 400 yrds of total offense against the #4 team in the nation still wasn't enough eh? The kid isn't going to play PERFECT but blowout wins over top 10 teams don't happen very often & Masoli has 3 in his career (Okie St, Cal & SC). He's playing about as good as any QB in the nation & even after the dismal start is on heisman lists... but you want more. Why am I not surprised.
NCDucks09
Senior

Post by NCDucks09 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
NCDucks09 wrote:Tremendous story. But he's still got a long ways to go.
So 400 yrds of total offense against the #4 team in the nation still wasn't enough eh? The kid isn't going to play PERFECT but blowout wins over top 10 teams don't happen very often & Masoli has 3 in his career (Okie St, Cal & SC). He's playing about as good as any QB in the nation & even after the dismal start is on heisman lists... but you want more. Why am I not surprised.
Even Masoli and CK admit that they could be more efficient!

Is it too much to ask for 300 yards rushing and 300 passing, combining for like 10TD's in one game? Come on, I do it all the time on my Xbox 360... ;)
2012 Rose Bowl Champions
2013 Fiesta Bowl Champions

Still Dedicated to the Ducks Winning the Natty!
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Dearest GoDucksIn09,

Your understanding of my opinion is completely deranged. Aside from the fact that my earlier post has nothing to do with your supposition about wanting Costa as the starter. I don't recall ever being all anti-Masoli. Never. I may have wondered at one time if Nate Costa may have been able to kick start the offense some and especially when Masoli struggled big time at the start of the season. However, I haven't been all over these boards going crazy about it like some folks.

Your accusations of my opinion are off base. Pure and simple.

If you took two seconds to try to understand what I had posted and commented on, you would understand that the controversy is about whether Masoli had actually been involved with the incident when he was a kid. The RG failed to get in touch with his family on the story. So piss off d-bag!
hermistonduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by hermistonduck »

While the intent of the article was to show how Masoli has grown up and overcame adversity, it will end up doing worse things for Masoli. In the days of worshipping timmy Tebow for h is holiness, Masoli will be looked down upon on by the voters. The only thing that could stop this now is if Masoli came out and told the full story himself, something, he obviously doesn't want to do because he hasn't yet. Adam June, you meant well, but shouldn't have published that...
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Exactly. Thanks Hermiston Duck!
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

hermistonduck wrote:While the intent of the article was to show how Masoli has grown up and overcame adversity, it will end up doing worse things for Masoli. In the days of worshipping timmy Tebow for h is holiness, Masoli will be looked down upon on by the voters. The only thing that could stop this now is if Masoli came out and told the full story himself, something, he obviously doesn't want to do because he hasn't yet. Adam June, you meant well, but shouldn't have published that...
I respectfully disagree. While it might for some people, I think just as many people (myself included) will be even more impressed with how he's turned his life around.

I have no idea how many "local stars" from other schools have gone through something similar, with the details coming out, but I doubt voters really take someone's past into account. That would open up way too much of a can of worms. Heck, even people screwing up in the now doesn't faze many people. How many times do you hear about people getting DUIs, arrested, stealing sheep (had to get that in there), etc. and it just goes away?

I guess my point is while some people might look down on him about his past, I think quite a few more will say "I'm glad he got out of that situation, got his head on straight, and is actually making something of himself." That's how I see it.
sweetft5
One Star Recruit

Post by sweetft5 »

freedjr wrote:
hermistonduck wrote:While the intent of the article was to show how Masoli has grown up and overcame adversity, it will end up doing worse things for Masoli. In the days of worshipping timmy Tebow for h is holiness, Masoli will be looked down upon on by the voters. The only thing that could stop this now is if Masoli came out and told the full story himself, something, he obviously doesn't want to do because he hasn't yet. Adam June, you meant well, but shouldn't have published that...
I respectfully disagree. While it might for some people, I think just as many people (myself included) will be even more impressed with how he's turned his life around.

I have no idea how many "local stars" from other schools have gone through something similar, with the details coming out, but I doubt voters really take someone's past into account. That would open up way too much of a can of worms. Heck, even people screwing up in the now doesn't faze many people. How many times do you hear about people getting DUIs, arrested, stealing sheep (had to get that in there), etc. and it just goes away?

I guess my point is while some people might look down on him about his past, I think quite a few more will say "I'm glad he got out of that situation, got his head on straight, and is actually making something of himself." That's how I see it.

I think you are, like many, missing the main point. It isn't just about people now thinking JM is a/was a thug, it is that what was written about his criminal activities are not apparently FACTS. It is misreporting at best, and at worst, slander.
goyellowgreen
Two Star Recruit

Post by goyellowgreen »

i would imagine the media will be hounding him and opposing teams will run with this......Ducks DO NOT need this distraction right now!!!
for many who are not Duck fans, "thug" is the only part of this article that will be remembered.....
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

sweetft5 wrote:
freedjr wrote:

I think you are, like many, missing the main point. It isn't just about people now thinking JM is a/was a thug, it is that what was written about his criminal activities are not apparently FACTS. It is misreporting at best, and at worst, slander.
Right. It's hard enough owning up to bad stuff you actually did. No one wants to own up to more than that. The article portrays him as having an active part in the strong-armed robbery. L. Masoli's edit indicates that he was not an active participant, but happened to be with the participants at the time they were caught, and was therefore charged along with them.
Last edited by RanDux on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

ncduck wrote:Dearest GoDucksIn09,

Your understanding of my opinion is completely deranged. Aside from the fact that my earlier post has nothing to do with your supposition about wanting Costa as the starter. I don't recall ever being all anti-Masoli. Never. I may have wondered at one time if Nate Costa may have been able to kick start the offense some and especially when Masoli struggled big time at the start of the season. However, I haven't been all over these boards going crazy about it like some folks.

Your accusations of my opinion are off base. Pure and simple.

If you took two seconds to try to understand what I had posted and commented on, you would understand that the controversy is about whether Masoli had actually been involved with the incident when he was a kid. The RG failed to get in touch with his family on the story. So piss off d-bag!
Dude I think he was talking about NCDucks09, who has a serious man crush on Costa.