Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Masoli Article from Rob Moseley

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
NCDucks09 wrote:Tremendous story. But he's still got a long ways to go.
So 400 yrds of total offense against the #4 team in the nation still wasn't enough eh? The kid isn't going to play PERFECT but blowout wins over top 10 teams don't happen very often & Masoli has 3 in his career (Okie St, Cal & SC). He's playing about as good as any QB in the nation & even after the dismal start is on heisman lists... but you want more. Why am I not surprised.
Consistency is the key. If he keeps playing like he has the 2nd half of the season as opposed to the first 3 games, then I think he's gotta be considered for Heisman.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

The whole timing of this article is completely disappointing. Realistically, it's none of my business what happened in his past. I understand the motivation for the article in wanting to show how much Jeremiah has overcome, but did it have to get paraded out in public NOW???? Will it be a distraction this week? I sure as hell hope not because it's really not fair to Jeremiah at all. Breaks my heart.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

There is a reason for sealing the records of minors at the age of 17...

While I may have wondered how a full qualifier such as Jeremiah slipped through the cracks and ended up at JC, it really is none of my business, regardless how nosy I choose to be.

If Masoli and his family choose to inform the rest of us, that is one thing.

If it turns out that this story was rushed to the press without appropriate verification of the facts (And those facts prove unfounded), I can think of a couple major media pundits who lost careers over this type of reporting.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckscribe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckscribe »

Once again, our greatest enemy is the media! It's just disgusting to have an article like that with incorrect information in a hometown paper. Jude needs to get a clue!
Do you need a transfusion of GREEN O Positive?
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I kind of feel bad for the writer because I do think he was well intentioned.

But, that was quite a mess-up, imo.
QuackSince82
Four Star Recruit

Post by QuackSince82 »

I also thought the article was terrible and unnecessary! The RG has always been about spreading their own liberal opinions more than informing of actual news. They're barely above the Eugene Weekly.

This is not the first time the RG has published hurtful lies in their articles. I was surprised it wasn't written by Soap Opera Schroeder. I look forward to the day they go out of business like other local companies they have financially hurt with their slander.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

How can some of you guys complain about timing? It's not a newspaper's job to worry about whether their articles will help or hurt the hometown team. They don't schedule their content around the Ducks. It's called objectivity.

This was a bad article, not because of its timing, but because it wasn't well-researched.
duckscribe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckscribe »

[quote="Tray Dub" It's not a newspaper's job to worry about whether their articles will help or hurt the hometown team.

It always amuses me when the local media makes that claim. I cannot imagine it happening at The Ohio State community newspaper for some reason. Once again, we have three major concerns that hurt us in athletics: the media, injuries and a loss.

I can appreciate an objective view but a local paper doesn't have to become hungry for news that casts a dim light on student athletes. It just seems unfair. The RG will suffer as a result so I guess it evens out.