dd10snoop28 wrote:I voted no.
:lol: love it
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Hardcap Penalties

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I haven’t voted but I’m still a no. I haven’t heard a solution that is really worth agreeing to yet.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DrBradBuss
Junior
GM: Detroit Pistons GM

Post by DrBradBuss »

Yeah I guess not ready to vote on this yet.

Is there a penalty for going over or is it just losing the player?
This all has trickle down effects. If my bid lost on day 1 but then my team ended up signing someone else, I'm still likely out of that players bidding next go round cause now I'm out of money.
Letting that team sign that player regardless of over/under100k still seems unfair.
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Putting the player back in the pool may allow that player to be signed in the later days at a significant discount. Letting the team keep the player doesn't sit well either, then there's too many ways to abuse it.

For FA specifically: I've come around to the loss of a FRP as a minimum. I think on top of that they shouldn't be allowed to keep the player. Don't have a good solution yet what to do with that player.
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

I'd like to see the most severe punishment being day 1 only instead of days 1-3, and focus on punishing the team going over by just removing resignings and restricting to minimum signings.

Day 1: release all offseason FA resignings and exceptions, forfeit next 1st, restrict to minimums for rest of FA

Days 2-3: release all offseason FA resignings and exceptions, (including day 1s), restrict to minimums for rest of FA

Days 4-5: Release player(s) that put them over but otherwise no penalty.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

The Bean Regime wrote:I'd like to see the most severe punishment being day 1 only instead of days 1-3, and focus on punishing the team going over by just removing resignings and restricting to minimum signings.

Day 1: release all offseason FA resignings and exceptions, forfeit next 1st, restrict to minimums for rest of FA

Days 2-3: release all offseason FA resignings and exceptions, (including day 1s), restrict to minimums for rest of FA

We should still let them bid on guys that they have birds on.

The Bean Regime
Senior

UOducksTK1 wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:I'd like to see the most severe punishment being day 1 only instead of days 1-3, and focus on punishing the team going over by just removing resignings and restricting to minimum signings.

We should still let them bid on guys that they have birds on.
Nah I disagree. That's the main punishment really. Go over, lose all offseason FA resignings (not the ones from the resignings stage). Those are pretty much the only ones that send you over the HC in the first place.

Thinking about it though, might make some good players available in 4-5 that otherwise shouldn't be there. Maybe change Days 2-3 to only whoever sent you over the HC, but keep it to all resignings for Day 1?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I would never vote yes for that. If they have 2 or 3 stars in FA and went over 100k on day 1, they'd lose their whole roster.

We want them hurt them, not demolish their entire roster.

The Bean Regime
Senior

UOducksTK1 wrote:I would never vote yes for that. If they have 2 or 3 stars in FA and went over 100k on day 1, they'd lose their whole roster.

We want them hurt them, not demolish their entire roster.
Then don't go over. If you can't afford the maxes, then make some changes beforehand, offer a bit less on one and potentially lose them, or wait and see.

and how often does someone have 3 max-level players hitting FA?

Regardless, if what the Nets did is such a big deal, it should be treated as such. A forfeited first for them means nothing to a contender like that, and just releasing just that player back into the FA disrupts FA while not affecting the team that much (they're not FA players anyways).

If it's not a big deal, then just ignore it and don't add any rules. This has happened to an outrage just this once since I joined 4 years ago, so how many more times could it happen anyway? That's my opinion on the matter.

Think of it kind of like the Twolves signing Joe Smith back in the day. That was a much harsher penalty than this.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I’d quit if I went over by 100k or messed up math and lost a starter or two.

We wanna catch the malicious people or the abusers of it (hi nets), not the honest mistakes.

Honestly how pistons forgot to offer Turpin was super duper lame. That’s why I’m gonna make an FA page that sends GM text reminders if they don’t and will also warn commish if there’s a player worthy of max that didn’t get resigning offer from their previous team with birds

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
We wanna catch the malicious people or the abusers of it (hi nets), not the honest mistakes.
Exactly; Nets are anything but honest
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Foxyg1396 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:I voted no.
Imagine that
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I’d quit if I went over by 100k or messed up math and lost a starter or two.

Honestly how pistons forgot to offer Turpin was super duper lame. That’s why I’m gonna make an FA page that sends GM text reminders if they don’t and will also warn commish if there’s a player worthy of max that didn’t get resigning offer from their previous team with birds
In that same vein, what about a page that teams or commish can enter bids and get a validation done similar to the trade checker? Should be easy enough using MLE/LLE/Bird Rights/Cap Offers theoretically. Best way to solve the FA problem is to avoid going over ever by preventing offers/mistakes.

Not sure how you are working on this, but happy to contribute myself too