Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Hardcap Penalties

Post by UOducksTK1 »

offtheheezy wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I’d quit if I went over by 100k or messed up math and lost a starter or two.

We wanna catch the malicious people or the abusers of it (hi nets), not the honest mistakes.

Honestly how pistons forgot to offer Turpin was super duper lame. That’s why I’m gonna make an FA page that sends GM text reminders if they don’t and will also warn commish if there’s a player worthy of max that didn’t get resigning offer from their previous team with birds
In that same vein, what about a page that teams or commish can enter bids and get a validation done similar to the trade checker? Should be easy enough using MLE/LLE/Bird Rights/Cap Offers theoretically. Best way to solve the FA problem is to avoid going over ever by preventing offers/mistakes.

Not sure how you are working on this, but happy to contribute myself too
Yeah that's a good point. Like it won't accept the bids if they all add up to over the hard cap. Ha, good idea.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

Doesn't that just mean double data entry for Ownage? FA bid entry already sucks as it is...
SUNS GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Craig wrote:Doesn't that just mean double data entry for Ownage? FA bid entry already sucks as it is...
Nah it means GMs will enter bids through a website. The website will validate all the rules. That way it saves ownage time for following up with GMs or enforcing rules. He then goes to the website which gives him credentials to view all bids in one view (instead of going through individual pms).

The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Craig wrote:Doesn't that just mean double data entry for Ownage? FA bid entry already sucks as it is...
I read it as GMs would input the bids, then Oregon would view the (protected) data from there instead of receiving PMs.

If something like this is made, make sure to include a birds rights box or something so that anybody with space isn't marked as "going over the HC" when they offer 6 different maxes with 20M cap space.
Craig
Senior

Post by Craig »

I see
SUNS GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

The Bean Regime wrote:
I read it as GMs would input the bids, then Oregon would view the (protected) data from there instead of receiving PMs.

If something like this is made, make sure to include a birds rights box or something so that anybody with space isn't marked as "going over the HC" when they offer 6 different maxes with 20M cap space.
Oh I will just go to the player page's html and check their bird years there. I want to remove as much user error as possible. The only thing you may mess up is your bid amount (like you would in real life).

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Craig wrote:I see
me and duckyou have been coding up a draft page, which I'm hoping will be ready in a month. Here's barebones preview: https://ducksattack.com/DASL/draftcentral

IT's already parsing the draft file and draft order html pages automatically and populating that site. And you can select players and have the draft board update and update available players immediately.

So something like that but for FA.

The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:

Oh I will just go to the player page's html and check their bird years there. I want to remove as much user error as possible. The only thing you may mess up is your bid amount (like you would in real life).
Sounds good. Would also need a login for each GM so that I can't fake enter a max for Kelly Tripucka as the Grizzlies. :lol:
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

:lol: i make 10 trades to clear cap then find out I got Tripucka for the 6 year max. The horror
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

This conversation is far too nerdy for me

Just tell me where to collect my rings and banners 8-)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

The Bean Regime wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:

Sounds good. Would also need a login for each GM so that I can't fake enter a max for Kelly Tripucka as the Grizzlies. :lol:
haha!

Craig
Senior

Post by Craig »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
offtheheezy wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:I’d quit if I went over by 100k or messed up math and lost a starter or two.

We wanna catch the malicious people or the abusers of it (hi nets), not the honest mistakes.

Honestly how pistons forgot to offer Turpin was super duper lame. That’s why I’m gonna make an FA page that sends GM text reminders if they don’t and will also warn commish if there’s a player worthy of max that didn’t get resigning offer from their previous team with birds
In that same vein, what about a page that teams or commish can enter bids and get a validation done similar to the trade checker? Should be easy enough using MLE/LLE/Bird Rights/Cap Offers theoretically. Best way to solve the FA problem is to avoid going over ever by preventing offers/mistakes.

Yeah that's a good point. Like it won't accept the bids if they all add up to over the hard cap. Ha, good idea.
Is there a way to get around bidding on guys you may not get though? Like if I'm $5mil under the hard cap and offer a $5mil contract to two different players cause i'm not sure I'll get either one - if it won't let you put in bids that add up over, doesn't that restriction come a bit too early in the process?
SUNS GM
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

Craig wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
offtheheezy wrote:

Is there a way to get around bidding on guys you may not get though? Like if I'm $5mil under the hard cap and offer a $5mil contract to two different players cause i'm not sure I'll get either one - if it won't let you put in bids that add up over, doesn't that restriction come a bit too early in the process?
If you have bird rights on both of them then you wouldn't be allowed to submit two $5M bids if you're $5M under the hard cap.

If you're $5M under the soft cap, then you can put any number of $5M bids on anyone without bird rights, since one of them signing would eliminate the rest of your offers
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Craig wrote: Is there a way to get around bidding on guys you may not get though? Like if I'm $5mil under the hard cap and offer a $5mil contract to two different players cause i'm not sure I'll get either one - if it won't let you put in bids that add up over, doesn't that restriction come a bit too early in the process?
The validation will be smart. If you offered 10 guys 5 mil, it would only consider that 5 mil total towards your hard cap. (not 50).

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

offtheheezy wrote:
Craig wrote: Is there a way to get around bidding on guys you may not get though? Like if I'm $5mil under the hard cap and offer a $5mil contract to two different players cause i'm not sure I'll get either one - if it won't let you put in bids that add up over, doesn't that restriction come a bit too early in the process?
If you have bird rights on both of them then you wouldn't be allowed to submit two $5M bids if you're $5M under the hard cap.

If you're $5M under the soft cap, then you can put any number of $5M bids on anyone without bird rights, since one of them signing would eliminate the rest of your offers
Yes it would?