Rankings

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Re: Rankings

Post by Pontius »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
Pontius wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote: You are correct with your post. But we lost to an unranked. That's what cost us so far.

What cost did USC incur for losing to UW which was unranked and not close to the quality of a Stanford? Tell me that's just how it is. Tell me again. But please quit with the justification of it. I consider myself to be a fair person beyond anything else, and no matter what the case, it bothers be to see inequity in any system. But it bothers me more to see someone try to justify it or to gloss over it as if fairness needn't be the basic fundamental of any civilized order of things.
Dude, we all agree that it sucks..........it does no good beating us all up over it! WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!! What do you want us to do, sit and go over it again and again? Nobody is glossing over it. We hate it just as much as you do, but we have no control over it. I can agree with you until we're both blue in the face, but it changes NOTHING. All you're doing is poking a stick at us that are trying to help you. I'm done.

I already told you what I wanted you to do. I don't want to hear excuses like: "But we lost to an unranked. That's what cost us so far." or "WE NEED TO WIN" as if they aren't the same requirements for teams like USC, LSU, Oklahoma, etc . That IS glossing over the facts of the situation. Oregon is held to a different standard and you as a poster have accepted that line of thinking. So no, you are not agreeing with me and you are not helping me by misrepresenting my point or by holding Oregon to a different standard yourself. It's frustrating that you take offense when it's simply your misunderstanding the point I am making. And nowhere did I ever say that by my venting on a message board, that anything would change in the system. My hope was that you'd simply see the error of your justifications, which is realistically, all that I could hope for. Do you really think I assume that the powers that be are reading this message board? Of course not. So don't project that absurd reasoning to my posts.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Pontius, I don't have the energy, inclination nor the patience to continue on with this back & forth. Feel free to continue to rant at me if you wish. I do suggest that if you have a personal issue with me (to which you & I have gone down that road before), do everybody a favor & PM me. It's much more civilized.
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Pontius, I don't have the energy, inclination nor the patience to continue on with this back & forth. Feel free to continue to rant at me if you wish. I do suggest that if you have a personal issue with me (to which you & I have gone down that road before), do everybody a favor & PM me. It's much more civilized.

Call it what you want. Hide in a corner. But NEVER admit to dodging completely the points I've brought up. And please continue to misrepresent my actions in this thread.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

[/quote]My hope was that you'd simply see the error of your justifications, which is realistically, all that I could hope for. [/quote]

So, you're the opinion police now?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Pontius wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:Pontius, I don't have the energy, inclination nor the patience to continue on with this back & forth. Feel free to continue to rant at me if you wish. I do suggest that if you have a personal issue with me (to which you & I have gone down that road before), do everybody a favor & PM me. It's much more civilized.

Call it what you want. Hide in a corner. But NEVER admit to dodging completely the points I've brought up. And please continue to misrepresent my actions in this thread.
You have got to be kidding me. Wow. Talk about sucking all of the air & energy out of a room. I bet you're great at parties. Like I said, you have an issue with me, send me a PM.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
Pontius wrote:

You have got to be kidding me. Wow. Talk about sucking all of the air & energy out of a room. I bet you're great at parties. Like I said, you have an issue with me, send me a PM.
You really think he ever gets invited to go out anywhere?
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
Pontius wrote:

I love me a hypocrite. PM me. I'm done, but not before I can get in another insult. PM me. I'm done. Recycle. You really do a good job of painting yourself clean. At least I brought an argument.
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

ncduck wrote:
My hope was that you'd simply see the error of your justifications, which is realistically, all that I could hope for. [/quote]

So, you're the opinion police now?[/quote]

This makes no sense. I state that I hope she'd sees error in her justification and I'm suddenly of the opinion police? Please explain. I know you won't because you can't.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Oh, okay..........so we're still playing. TAG, you're it!!! Man, you are a hoot! You are the one insulting me because I don't happen to want to attack "the establishment" and you actually believe you're the victim here. Again, WOW! You're a piece of work.

Oh yeah, don't forget.......I'm a woman and getting the last word means ALOT to me. :D

There really needs to be a "block poster" button on here.

ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Actually, I can explain dick face. If someone has a differing opinion than yours, you often attack them personally. When you get into disagreements you attack small portions of arguments instead of the full point and ignore the rest as it suits you. You use large words in an attempt to cover poor logic. Anyone can use a thesaurus, it doesn't make you smart. It just means you can read. People who are genuinely intelligent have more than a strong vocabulary, they have an understanding of when to use it. You never let something rest and must have the final word on everything as if no other opinion is valid. Therefore, the term opinion police applies.

All of this douchebaggery because someone disagrees with a post of yours.

It's disgusting. Looks like I was capable of explaining after all.
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

WOW! Now what was the topic of this thread?

Notice the plane that we flew on?
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

goducks wrote:WOW! Now what was the topic of this thread?
We are trying to get our rankings up like Oregonlive with all the "friendly banter" :lol:
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Yeah, I guess, this thread has gone wayyyy off target! :? Glad to see that the bantering has slowed down and, hopefully, stopped.

Notice the plane that we flew on?
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

ncduck wrote:Actually, I can explain dick face. If someone has a differing opinion than yours, you often attack them personally. When you get into disagreements you attack small portions of arguments instead of the full point and ignore the rest as it suits you. You use large words in an attempt to cover poor logic. Anyone can use a thesaurus, it doesn't make you smart. It just means you can read. People who are genuinely intelligent have more than a strong vocabulary, they have an understanding of when to use it. You never let something rest and must have the final word on everything as if no other opinion is valid. Therefore, the term opinion police applies.

All of this douchebaggery because someone disagrees with a post of yours.

It's disgusting. Looks like I was capable of explaining after all.

I still don't understand how anything I have said in this thread can be proved wrong. Well, Tray Dub was right when he said that he didn't criticize me as I had accused him of doing. I simply took the gist of his post the wrong way. It was a belief of mine that was later corrected by Tray Dub pointing out the truth. It was my error and I'm now saying so.

The funny thing about opinions is that they are just beliefs. To call one valid would be to ignore the fact that an opinion is meaningless without the context of truth. A union of truth and belief is what is called knowledge. I provided truth in this thread where others provided opinion, therefore I provided knowledge which is far more useful than is belief and justifiably so.

You claim that I have no logic, but you fail in every sense to demean the logic that I use. Your post amounts to a character assassination that is based on nothing but opinion. Good job!

I also find it very hypocritical that you accuse me of employing the very same tactics that you are using against me. You accused me of being the "opinion police" off of one quote. I asked you to make sense of that statement because it certainly couldn't be fairly determined off of that one quote that you provided.

My quote: "My hope was that you'd simply see the error of your justifications, which is realistically, all that I could hope for."

You: "So, you're the opinion police now?"

Me: "This makes no sense. I state that I hope she'd sees error in her justification and I'm suddenly of the opinion police? Please explain. I know you won't because you can't."

You didn't even address the initial evidence that you provided and the in the context in which I asked for you to provide. You instead decided to attack me personally and without much evidence or merit. You simply made blanket accusations that upon further review might be called into question. Again, good job! Great argument. You win in the kangaroo court.

"All of this douchebaggery because someone disagrees with a post of yours."

You ignore the fact that MFRDuckFan accused me of ranting against her, but that she herself was doing more than her fair share of the brunt of what she termed to be "ranting". I lay no claim to douchebaggery when it's just as obvious to me that she incited in her own snide comments, a decor of disrespect. Why must I be to blame when I offered facts to counter her baseless opinions? She put words in my mouth and intention behind my actions that were disingenuous. Yet I am responsible for all of this "douchebaggery"? Wow, how unjust of you.

I'm done. The vindictive people in this thread have outed themselves clearly enough. I know which side I am on in the end.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Hello MODS.....Can we block this thing yet? :roll: