Rose Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

picksix
Three Star Recruit

Rose Bowl

Post by picksix »

IMO we have to win out the last 3 games to make it to the Rose Bowl. Its going to come down to OREGON STATE. All they have left are the Washington Schools then us. They are going to be looking for some serious payback from last year when the DUCKS knocked them out of the Rose Bowl. Arizona will lose at USC IMO. Nonetheless ..... that said ... one game at a time.. BEAT ARIZONA STATE!!!!!!!
sepdxsnwbrdr
One Star Recruit

Re: Rose Bowl

Post by sepdxsnwbrdr »

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

Oregon State is one play away from disaster. They have nobody behind Canfield at QB and IMHO he goes down hard vs. the Huskies. Look for a repeat of the 2005 CW where we took advantage of Ryan Gunderthrown. Nothing wrong with a little Schadenfrued towards our little sisters.
Try to ban me...I steal wifi so I get a new IP each time I log on.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

After looking at the tiebreakers for the Pac 10, I'm pretty sure it would be USC who gets to the Rose Bowl if we drop another game (unless it's to Arizona State) assuming Arizona loses again. But it's really complicated and it won't become clear until the last week of the season. I think it's safe to say that we have to win out to make the Rose Bowl, because I don't think the tie-breakers will work out very well for us unless that happens.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

isnt the first tiebreaker head to head and Oregon beat USC?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

We must win out period. All balls out now!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Penky26 wrote:isnt the first tiebreaker head to head and Oregon beat USC?
Ya but that only applies if there are just two teams that are tied. If there are more and one of the teams hasn't beat all the other tied teams, it gets more complicated.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Imagine if we lose to Arizona and Arizona loses to SC

CLUSTERFUCK
Pretty sure SC wins the tiebreaker if SC beats Stanford and Oregon or Washington beats OSU.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If it is is a 2 way tie between Oregon and USC, head to head is definitely the deciding factor.

http://www.pac-10.org/sports/m-footbl/s ... 02aai.html

a. Two-Team Tie.
The winner of the game between the two teams shall be the representative.

b. Multiple-Team Ties.
(1) When three or more teams are tied in Conference play, if one has defeated all others, it shall be the Rose Bowl representative. If that is not the case, a comparison of the tied teams' records against the other tied teams shall be made and the team having the best record against the other tied teams shall be the Rose Bowl representative. If two or more teams are still tied after this comparison, the appropriate two-team or multiple-team tie-breaking procedures shall be repeated among those teams still under consideration.

It all comes down to who is tied with whom...
Last edited by woundedknees on Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Oregon just needs to win out, I feel like if Oregon loses another one they don't even deserve to be in the Rose Bowl with a late season breakdown. USC, Arizona, Stanford or even the Barkrats would be representation for the PAC-10.
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

Yeah we need to win out, I'm gettin real tired of Oregon beating USC and then dropping a couple games at the end of the season for one reason or another and then USC wins the conference anyway.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

1. No excuses this week against ASU after a tough loss.
2. After that, no reason why they can't get up for a big road game against Arizona. Big stakes game.
3. Obviously, they will be up for the Civil War...especially at Autzen.

They should be favored in all three games. If they focus on "Win The Day", there's no reason to think they can't win all three and book tickets to Pasadena.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Before this season started, I would have been happy if you would have told me that Oregon would finish second in the conference and go to the Holiday Bowl. With the way things have gone though, anything less than a Rose Bowl would be extremely disappointing at this point. It's time for this team to make a statement, win the conference and go to a bcs game.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckgrad99 wrote:Before this season started, I would have been happy if you would have told me that Oregon would finish second in the conference and go to the Holiday Bowl. With the way things have gone though, anything less than a Rose Bowl would be extremely disappointing at this point. It's time for this team to make a statement, win the conference and go to a bcs game.
Completely agree. I would have been happy with the Holiday. But we all know now that this team is capable of much better & anything less than a Pac10 championship would be a pretty big dissapointment. No more fades, time to earn the respect we feel we deserve.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

I totally agree with the whole Rose Bowl concept....It is definitely my 1st choice, for sure......For the National BCS exposure.....
But, San Diego is one of my favorite FB destinations...Anything less than that? I dont think so....I dont do El Paso and am not that fond of Vegas....

The Ducks definitely are in position to visit Pasadena...Now, the Ducks just need to take care of business. And I will give my full support as a fan, to that end result....The rest is up to the team and coaches.....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUCKS
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

All of this rose bowl talk of course makes me think about the last season Oregon went to the rose bowl, and of course "the pick". Imagine if this happened: Oregon is playing Oregon State. A win puts the ducks in the rose bowl. The Beavers are driving late, trying to score the winning touchdown and take the lead. Canfield throws the ball into the end zone trying to find Markus Wheaton, and one of the ducks intercepts it and runs it back for a touchdown. Wouldn't that be something? :D