Arizona State @ Oregon Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Arizona State @ Oregon Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm so pumped of for this game, I hope we crush ASU to let the world know that Stanford loss was a fluke.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Arizona State @ Oregon Thread

Post by duckgrad99 »

I'm confident the ducks win this game fairly easily, but I will take a 3 point win or a 30 point win no matter how we get it at this point.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....Win the Day.....
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

I will be nervous about every game now. I do think that ASU should not be as much of a threat as Stanford was, but they do have a pretty good defense. Our guys need to come out focused in all aspects of the game and play some great football. Nothing is given, a win must be earned.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Stanford's balanced attack gave us some trouble... from what I understand ASU doesn't have a QB anywhere close to the caliber of some of the QB's we've already seen this season... Advantage Oregon. ASU is also supposed to have a pretty sweet defense, but so were UCLA, Cal and USC and we did alright in those games. Advantage Oregon.

GO DUCKS.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

uodux1212 wrote:Stanford's balanced attack gave us some trouble... from what I understand ASU doesn't have a QB anywhere close to the caliber of some of the QB's we've already seen this season... Advantage Oregon. ASU is also supposed to have a pretty sweet defense, but so were UCLA, Cal and USC and we did alright in those games. Advantage Oregon.

GO DUCKS.
Plus the QB they are starting is a true freshman, which we all know doesn't work out all too often at Autzen.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:Stanford's balanced attack gave us some trouble... from what I understand ASU doesn't have a QB anywhere close to the caliber of some of the QB's we've already seen this season... Advantage Oregon. ASU is also supposed to have a pretty sweet defense, but so were UCLA, Cal and USC and we did alright in those games. Advantage Oregon.

GO DUCKS.
Plus the QB they are starting is a true freshman, which we all know doesn't work out all too often at Autzen.

From what I've read Erickson may still start Sullivan. He's probably a bit concerned about sending a true freshman into Autzen at night for his very first start. Can't say I blame him.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

ASU has the type of defense that the Ducks own. That fast, over-pursuing style that our mis-direction eats up. Masoli has seem to come into his own, his passing skills now matches his running skills. Their offense is almost non existent, I see no problems there. Home game against a much weaker opponent. Should be fun.
oregon232
Two Star Recruit

Post by oregon232 »

I think we win this game big
autzenzoo
Three Star Recruit

Post by autzenzoo »

I think we come out with the same intensity as the Cal and USC games and dismantle them. Be extra loud for me! We have a home football playoff game at 1 so I won't make it. They probably wouldn't like a coach missing a playoff game to go watch a different football game! :P
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I think Oregon wins big and gets their confidence back. I just hope they don't become overconfident for Arizona.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

echo31 wrote:I will be nervous about every game now. I do think that ASU should not be as much of a threat as Stanford was, but they do have a pretty good defense. Our guys need to come out focused in all aspects of the game and play some great football. Nothing is given, a win must be earned.
Our offense can score on anyone.....so this doesn't bother me....

It's how does the opponents offense operate that is the key to the game...and well while Zona, and the Beefurs worry me a little (zona of course more)...

ASU doesn't even have an offense do they? This game should be shut down from the opening drive....I actually hope we get the ball first! Normally I like to go on defense first but we need to prove something and our offense is the best bet!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I hope they go with Osweiler because he needs to experience Autzen first hand. :D
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Ducks Defense bounce back and make statement in that game, by shutting out ASU
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

Go ahead. Name an Arizona State running back.

I had to look it up to.

Dimitri Nance has about 500 yards and 5 tds on the season, Cameron Marshall has 277 and 2 tds. The best game either has had was 113 againt Wazzu.

I'd put Crenshaw and Alston over those guys.

Easily their best win is Washington at home, 2nd place is a push between @Washington State and Louisiana-Monroe at home.

Not worried.