Transfer Portal - '21-22

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Re: Transfer Portal - '21-22

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Didn't he already graduate from UCLA, though? If so, the academics are signed, sealed, and delivered.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

greenyellow wrote:Announcing tomorrow afternoon at 3 PM.
The tweet was deleted who’d he pick?
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Zyme wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Announcing tomorrow afternoon at 3 PM.
The tweet was deleted who’d he pick?
Miami.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I thought the new coaching staff could match Mario at recruiting but as time has gone on I’m not so sure about that.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I thought the new coaching staff could match Mario at recruiting but as time has gone on I’m not so sure about that.
Let's give them a little more time than 3 months of recruiting before we decide on that
OfaFeather
Two Star Recruit

Post by OfaFeather »

squintsdd wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I thought the new coaching staff could match Mario at recruiting but as time has gone on I’m not so sure about that.
Let's give them a little more time than 3 months of recruiting before we decide on that
Agreed, Lanning got a much later start as he did not abandon his team during bowl season. And Lanning did not hide the fact that he was going to Oregon. Cristobal was shady in his statements and behavior before his move, even though, most of us knew it was a high probability. Landing’s genuineness and ingenuity should catch him up in recruiting as time goes on, and his play calling will be far beyond that of the same stale, slow O from Cristobal. Also, players at Miami, after a couple of seasons, may see no real movement towards a natty if Cristobal takes the same micromanagement mindset with him.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

alxtw wrote:Mario is really milking the look what we did with Kayvon card...I feel like its either Miami (if he's been drinking the Kayvon koolaid) or Oregon (if he wants to play for a brilliant defensive minded coach and scheme). If he cared about academics...he would have stayed at UCLA.

He has about 6 more months, before it becomes similar to his look what we did with Herbert card. People will use his stats against Mario, and say “look how much better he is in a system that uses his talents right.”
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Our spring game weekend hasn’t even happened yet. I know this is a transfer, but Mario had hardly any commits prior to the spring game.

Hopefully then our recruiting picks up.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Mario is notoriously ruthless on the recruiting trail. The type that you love when he’s on your team but hate when he’s on someone else’s. He’s always going to be able to recruit with the best of them, at least as long as he has something decent to sell.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

He will recruit well. I am more worried about USC. They will be a recruiting juggernaut. (especially if they figure out their lines our crap).

The Ducks will be fine. Tosh / Lanning are just getting started.

We need some attrition to add players. I expect more to come post spring.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Agree, it doesn't take much to recruit well at USC, even if they are mediocre on the field.

It really took some effort and talent to recruit as awful as Helton did at USC.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Oregon Adds Hawaii Safety transfer Donovan Dalton.
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2022/0 ... alton.html
I don’t get this. He was not making an impact at Hawaii, so not sure why we’d give up a scholarship spot for him. Am I missing something?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:Oregon Adds Hawaii Safety transfer Donovan Dalton.
https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2022/0 ... alton.html
I don’t get this. He was not making an impact at Hawaii, so not sure why we’d give up a scholarship spot for him. Am I missing something?
Doesn't state one way or another, so I'm not positive, but he could potentially be coming on as a PWO, in which case added depth can't hurt.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

When asked about it, Lanning declined to say if Dalton was on scholarship as he said, "it doesn't matter."

I think that means no. :lol:
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

There is no way Dalton was given a scholarship. If he excels and plays a good bit then okay. It sounds like another kid wanted a new scenario. There is a ton of that happening these days.