Vontaze Burfict

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Vontaze Burfict

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Ok I was at the game & watched him quite a bit. #1. He is really good. True frosh & by far the best player on their D. BUT that kid has some serious, serious issues. I've never seen a player try so hard to start s*** after every play like he did. He was jawing bigtime with Maehl all game & after Maehl caught that TD in the 3rd quarter he ran into the group of Duck players celebrating & tried to get at Maehl. The rest of his team was walking off the field & he's in the middle of our guys pushing & shoving! The play before that, he tackled Holland on the end around. Once Holland's down & the plays pretty much over Burfict still has him by the ankle & rolled over 2 more times blatantly TWISTING Holland's ankle. Holland had to limp off the field with help from the trainers.

I also had a friend sitting behind the ASU bench who said Burfict was drinking some gatorade on the sideline then took the cup & threw it behind him into the front row of fans. I don't know if anyone else noticed it as much as I did but man, that kid is gonna have some issues down the road. Definitely don't taunt him after a loss cuz you will get punched.
monster
Four Star Recruit

Re: Vontaze Burfict

Post by monster »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Definitely don't taunt him after a loss cuz you will get punched.

lol
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

sounds like a challenge, imo!
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Didn't really see any of that...but I did see the Arizona players getting into it with the duck fans yelling back and forth ...how pathetic...but is an Erickson dirt bag) coached team so I guess its to be expected :roll:
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Ok I was at the game & watched him quite a bit. #1. He is really good. True frosh & by far the best player on their D. BUT that kid has some serious, serious issues. I've never seen a player try so hard to start s*** after every play like he did. He was jawing bigtime with Maehl all game & after Maehl caught that TD in the 3rd quarter he ran into the group of Duck players celebrating & tried to get at Maehl. The rest of his team was walking off the field & he's in the middle of our guys pushing & shoving! The play before that, he tackled Holland on the end around. Once Holland's down & the plays pretty much over Burfict still has him by the ankle & rolled over 2 more times blatantly TWISTING Holland's ankle. Holland had to limp off the field with help from the trainers.

I also had a friend sitting behind the ASU bench who said Burfict was drinking some gatorade on the sideline then took the cup & threw it behind him into the front row of fans. I don't know if anyone else noticed it as much as I did but man, that kid is gonna have some issues down the road. Definitely don't taunt him after a loss cuz you will get punched.
Might have been a different td, but I think it was the same one, it looked to me like he was after lmcoolj. He was upset about something happening with his facemask it seemed. Walked off complaining to the refs over and over grabbing his face mask. It was near the end of the third quarter. Gotta rewatch the game and see.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

The kid's dirty, but he's GOOD. I think he'll be the best defensive player in the Pac-10 as early as next year and eventually one of the best in the country.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

I've seen at least a 1/2 dozen of ASU games this year on TV and of course have watched him a lot because the announcers love to focus on him. It's not uncommon for good players to try to taunt the other team to get them out of the game mentally. But he goes way above and beyond. In my opinion he takes several cheap shots a game and one could consider him to be a dirty player.
Robstu
One Star Recruit

Post by Robstu »

Oh so that was the d-back who ran up and taunted the whole Oregon sideline after his hit... Scoreboard!

I was drunk and kept thinking his last name was Perfect. haha
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

As the teams were leaving the field at half time, he turned around and started walkin towards a flock of Ducks with his lips a flappin...An Official had to push him back towards the tunnel...At least HE was smart enuff to keep his helmet on...lol
KeenanHowry15
Three Star Recruit

Post by KeenanHowry15 »

This kid has some skill, that was a HUGE hit he put on our RB.
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

Burfict = dirbag. Fits perfectly into the ASU system of criminals. I watched him closely last night, not all that impressed. The only thing he could do well was yap his dirty gums. The good thing is that he'll take himself out one day by doing something stupid for us but normal for him. ie. getting knifed in a bar for yapping his gums at a biker gang or something.
Maxxwell32
One Star Recruit

Post by Maxxwell32 »

talk s*** get hit. top bad LGB already had to take care of business.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Watched him on the replay and he is a punk. Lots of cheap shots and then throws up his hands with a "who, me" gesture. Seems like several times he dropped his head to lead with his helmet. I thought that was a penalty.
razduck12
Two Star Recruit

Post by razduck12 »

I was watching the whole sideline near the end of the game situation last night at the game. Burfict was the instigator and causing problems.

I was watching the game on the DVR tonight and....He intentionally yanked and twisted on Hollands leg a few times way after the whistle on his tackle of him in the 3rd quarter. Holland immediately jerked and was in pain from it. He went off and never returned, monitor any knee injury news regarding Holland this week. If something comes up its a direct result of this intentional act by Burfict.

I noticed a new one also, on our first offensive play of the game DJ Davis catches a ball and goes up the sideline. Burfict pursues but is several yards behind the play runs full speed into our sideline and runs directly into some of our staff and players that were not even dressed for the game. He and no need to be running into our sideline, saw them never let up never put his arms out and lowered his shoulder into them. Garren Strong was standing right there saw it and shoved Burfict, and Burfict shoved back, the refs had to haul him off. It is unbelievable, such a dirty deliberate act.

If you still have the game on your DVR take a look, its unreal. I am so fired up I want to call the PAC 10 in the morning, this jerk off should be done for the year for crap like he pulled last night.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

razduck12 wrote:I was watching the whole sideline near the end of the game situation last night at the game. Burfict was the instigator and causing problems.

I was watching the game on the DVR tonight and....He intentionally yanked and twisted on Hollands leg a few times way after the whistle on his tackle of him in the 3rd quarter. Holland immediately jerked and was in pain from it. He went off and never returned, monitor any knee injury news regarding Holland this week. If something comes up its a direct result of this intentional act by Burfict.

I noticed a new one also, on our first offensive play of the game DJ Davis catches a ball and goes up the sideline. Burfict pursues but is several yards behind the play runs full speed into our sideline and runs directly into some of our staff and players that were not even dressed for the game. He and no need to be running into our sideline, saw them never let up never put his arms out and lowered his shoulder into them. Garren Strong was standing right there saw it and shoved Burfict, and Burfict shoved back, the refs had to haul him off. It is unbelievable, such a dirty deliberate act.

If you still have the game on your DVR take a look, its unreal. I am so fired up I want to call the PAC 10 in the morning, this jerk off should be done for the year for crap like he pulled last night.
Exactly how I feel. I've never seen a player so purposely try to instigate fights & blatantly play dirty. It was blowing my mind watching him during the game. I was trying to point it out to my buddies. I was in disbelief. He's challenging someone to do something or say something to him so he can start something. Like I said in my original post, the kid has some serious issues. I see counceling in his future.